FG Spreadshirt Swag

Ad&d classic questions

Hello! Please excuse me in advance. I'm an old man who isn't very tech savvy. Anyway, I just Started the AD&D Classic (2e) rule set, and I have a couple questions. First, On the PC sheets, next to the Class and alignment, it says 'KITS'. I played 2e for years back in the day, and I don't recall anything in the PHB that referred to kits, so what is supposed to be input there? Second, and more importantly, most monsters of that era had a specific Hit Die calculation for HIT POINTS and depending on the creature's maturity, their HD varied, however, when I bring monsters up from the NPCs tab, their stats are 'Read Only' and I can not use the variable HD (HP) the stat block shows. I tried just re-creating it as a new NPC, but couldn't figure out how to reflect multiple attacks (Bite/claw/claw etc.) on the sheet. Suggestions?

I've moved this to the forum specific to this ruleset - you'll probably get more answers from people who use the ruleset here.

There's quite a bit of info for the ruleset in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+2E+1E+Ruleset

Kits were introduced in AD&D 2E and are ways of further adding flavor to your PC. Some info on that in general (not specific to FG) here: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/w...Character_Kits

To modify an NPC if the entry is locked and the lock is red, create a copy of the NPC - do this in the NPCS data list be dragging the NPC link slightly and dropping within the list. You only need to drag the link a couple of pixels. If the lock icon is black already, click on the lock to edit the NPC.

Details on basic record functionality (read only, editing, copying, etc.) is available in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...es+Categories+...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaremo View Post
    Hello! Please excuse me in advance. I'm an old man who isn't very tech savvy. Anyway, I just Started the AD&D Classic (2e) rule set, and I have a couple questions. First, On the PC sheets, next to the Class and alignment, it says 'KITS'. I played 2e for years back in the day, and I don't recall anything in the PHB that referred to kits, so what is supposed to be input there? Second, and more importantly, most monsters of that era had a specific Hit Die calculation for HIT POINTS and depending on the creature's maturity, their HD varied, however, when I bring monsters up from the NPCs tab, their stats are 'Read Only' and I can not use the variable HD (HP) the stat block shows. I tried just re-creating it as a new NPC, but couldn't figure out how to reflect multiple attacks (Bite/claw/claw etc.) on the sheet. Suggestions?
    Kits were added to AD&D 2e after the core rules were released. It was a more elaborate background system that allowed some tweaking of your character. Some are mostly RP where some had some combat advantages.

Fighter, Thief, Priest and Wizard handbook were the first 4. They were called "splat books" back in the day.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks. Back in the day, I only used the DMG, the PHB, and the MM so I had no clue. As per your post I just picked up the first 4 'splat books' as you called them (Damn there's a lot!), and lo and behold... the 'KIT' field has been populated! LOL. Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    A lot of people look at the Complete... books as an all or nothing proposition. I never used them back in the 90s, I couldn't afford one new book a month back then; the beer wasn't going to drink itself after all.

You could ask your players to contribute some $ to the specific book(s) needed for the classes they are interested in playing, if that makes a difference.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information