FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks for the time Trenloe, appreciated ... but that's not the issue either. Every one of my various campaigns is various rulesets is set up exactly the same. I think it's a specific map issue. I can drag room descriptions to other maps in the image folder and they are preserved. I will delete all the images from the Campaign/Images folder and replace them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I think it's a specific map issue. I can drag room descriptions to other maps in the image folder and they are preserved. I will delete all the images from the Campaign/Images folder and replace them ...
    Hmmm, interesting.

What is the resolution of the map? What graphic file type is it (PNG, JPG)? Has there been any additional optimization/compression done on the file?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

PNG - under 500 kb. Nothing additional done to the image,

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    PNG - under 500 kb. Nothing additional done to the image,
    Try converting it to JPG and see if the issue remains.

It's usually recommended to use JPG for images/maps, and PNG for tokens. Whereas you can use PNG for maps, it's usually a bit more efficient to use JPG - as these will usually have smaller file sizes and so share with players quicker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Anything funny about the map name? Accented or special characters?

Stuart were you able to pinpoint the issue. If so I would be curious what it is so I can see if I can recreate it and if it is something that I can fix in the ruleset.

Sorry folks = yes, issue sorted. Redid a map and replaced an old version with a new version so, duh .... pins lost. Weirdly - the new map was reluctant to accept pins - no idea why. So, I deleted ALL images ... replaced them ALL with copies i.e "rebuilt" the Image folder and .... fixed. I have no idea why ... but 'tis fixed. Thanks for the time and sagacious advice.

I've had an issue when I have edited a file after sharing it to my players.

Example
    - shared a image without realising it was 10MB (e.g. dungeon_map.jpg)
    - before next session resized image and overwrote the original in the \Images folder
    - next session when I opened the (resized) image players were unable to see image
    - had to rename the image ie dungeon_map_2.jpg
    - all OK!

After thinking about it, I realised the stupidity of changing an image that I had already shared... duh!!

Not sure if this is connected in some way to your problem.
    You are not outnumbered! You are just in a target rich environment!

Thread Information