5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFP: For World Building Homebrew Campaign (Full)

FG License: Ultimate.
    Game System: D&D 5E.

Time Zone: AEST (GMT+10).
    Day of week and time: Sunday or Monday at 8 PM to 12 AM.
    If new game, planned start date: To be determined.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour Session & Weekly.
    Term: Long Term.

Text or Voice: Voice.
    Voice software used: Discord.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No, this is a free private game only. I will consider the act of any player recording or streaming these sessions as a breach of my privacy, and that of the other players, resulting in their removal.

Roleplay & Combat mix: A good mixture of both.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have enough, need none.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st to 4th level, yet to be decided.
    Character restrictions: Depends on how the world is designed.

Details of your scenario: This is both a world building exercise and a campaign to be run after the fact. My idea is to build a new world for private use, one of which is strongly designed with player input. To start with, each player will want to have a character concept in mind, and then they need to decide the kind of setting they come from. In doing so, those players will then determine that setting, with as much bells and whistles as they like that they think will matter in forming their character within it.

The general concept is keeping it no further than late medieval and early renaissance, which means I will be restricting things like firearms and other powerful things to my own personal input only. Your characters are expected to come from a land or nation that represents a particular time period and theme, from the dawn of civilisation up and until the periods I mentioned, with whatever fantasy themes you'd like to throw in to spice it up. Your goal is to design as much as you think you'll need to bring this place to life, so we can then, along with the other players, determine how they sit within the broader world in relation to the others.

In other words, your land or nation is your character's setting, which will exist within a larger world that contains the others. They could be very similar to each other, or vastly different, but at the end of the day, the one you create will ultimately be yours. Although, as the person overseeing this, and the DM intending to run in it first at least, I will hold creative control over its content to ensure nothing is designed to benefit the player and make sure it all fits well together. Your first character will be your first piece to bring this world to life, but it need not be the last.

So, much like you might create a backstory for your characters, you will need to expand on it to such an extent that it breathes life to a piece of that broader world. With four players, there will initially be four lands or nations, most likely on the same continent, with their own borders, and relations with each other to be determined by the group as a whole. I don't expect essays of information from players, but enough that it can be actively used as a creative source for adventures, along with your own character's backstory.

That said, I am in need of two players willing to give this a go. I will say though, that you must be willing to commit to this entirely, and take it seriously. It's a collaborative experience for like-minded individuals who have the time and interest to do it. If your schedule is tight and too complicated, then don't bother asking to join. If you're unwilling to go the extra mile to make something that's yours, then you probably want to look elsewhere. I will only take the two people who can convince me that they would be an ideal fit for this kind of group. They both need to enjoy role-play as much as they do the inner workings of the game, and be willing to invest a lot of themselves into it all.

If you believe this is the kind of thing for you, reply here and tell me why. Show me that you have a strongly invested interest in this kind of concept, and are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen with others like you. I would much prefer those from within or very close to my own time zone, in order to avoid disruptive schedules, people turning up tired or late, or language barriers, but I will consider anyone showing enough interest. I just need people who can confidently apply themselves to this for the long term, both before and during play. You also need to be able to turn up on time for every session, barring the once in a blue moon disruption, and obviously holidays.

That's all, thanks.
    Last edited by Teknykk; May 6th, 2019 at 23:21.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

I've updated my information above. At this stage, some serious interest has been shown by another player and I've added them to the group. So we will only be in need of one more player at this current time, so if you're interested and can commit to this, then send me a message.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

I am definitely interested! Though now that I have reread your post to make sure I messaged you correctly, I realized I didn't reply here and I sent you a message haha. Sorry I just got super excited and leaped towards contacting you about this game.

@Teknykk
    I sent you a PM, Let me know if that works for you. Thanks for the consideration.
    Dan

Nebraska (CDT)

"Well, that didn't go as planned....."

I'll be closing off further acceptances to the group for this particular campaign and project for the time being. I will reopen it should a player leave at any point. For those who've messaged me and are still awaiting a response, I will be determining whether or not I can squeeze you in with those I already have, so watch your messages.

That said, once I've sorted out some other things, I may also run an off night as a DM, but it won't be anything like this. It's more likely be something pre-made and run out of the book, more or less.

Thread Information