5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFP - Dungeon Crawl Classics - Portal Under the Stars - One off game

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: Dungeon Crawl Classics
    Adventure: Portal Under The Stars
    Level: 0
    Looking to Recruit: 5 players, each of whom will control 4 characters at the outset of this "funnel" adventure.

Time Zone: BST (GMT+1)
    Date and time (one off game): Sunday May 26th 10.30pm
    Planned Duration & Frequency: One session only. Approximately 3 hours.

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: Sessions are not Streamed or Recorded.

Synopsis: For long years, you labored in the fields like all the peasants, sweating hot and dirty in the summer, only to shiver under threadbare hides when winter came. This year’s harvest ended like all the rest, and autumn’s work was hard on Old Man Roberts. When you visited his bedside at the end, he spoke in labored breaths of constellations that hadn’t been seen since he was a young lad. The last time the Empty Star had risen in the sky, it was more than fifty winters past, he said. Under the light of that strange star a portal had opened by the old stone mounds. He’d seen jewels in there and fine steel spears and enameled armor, but he’d run when the iron men had attacked. Now, old and dying, he wishes he’d taken the chance on a life of adventure. The Empty Star is once more rising, and a young one with courage could be more than just another peasant – if only they’d take the chance Old Man Roberts hadn’t.

I’d be interested in playing in this campaign. I’m looking at playing a Ranger. Is there a restriction on Race/Archetype? I’m leanong toward Gloomstalker or Horizon Walker from XGE, if they’re available.
    My second choice would be a Warlock (The Fiend or The Undying). Either way, I would likely be Lawful Evil. The anti-hero is always a fun character to play.
    I’ve been playing since 2E (back when THAC0 was a thing), and have been DMing since around 1996

I’m sorry, I missed that this was a one shot. I’m only interested in full campaigns.
    Last edited by Dave0910; May 9th, 2019 at 05:59.

I'm going to decline your request anyway on the basis that you didn't even read the post regarding what system we're playing. Also, the concept of a "Gloomstalker Horizon Walker Ranger" is about as far from the spirit of Dungeon Crawl Classics as it's possible to be.

Thread Information