DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    I am trying to input the effects for the spell Plague (from the Greyhawk From the Ashes Sourcebook) and it includes a 10% hit point loss. What would that look like in an effect? Is it possible? When I look at the Reference-Effects page I see a PSTR, PDEX and so on for ability scores but not one for HP. If it is possible would it be something like PHP; -10% ?
    There is no macro to reference current "max" HP to do what you're wanting. You'd need to do something like HP: -[$MAXHP*0.1]

$MAXHP is NOT a thing tho I might add it but... for now what you want isn't possible I don't think (in an automated fashion).
    Last edited by celestian; March 25th, 2020 at 17:02.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks Celestian! It's an easy enough thing to handle manually.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Hi Celestian,

how may i manage as follow:
    On successful saving throw no damage at all. In the dialog box there is only "half" as option. Is it possible to set no damage? I'm finishing the rings of the Encyclopedia Magica, and don't know how to set this option.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Hi Celestian,

how may i manage as follow:
    On successful saving throw no damage at all. In the dialog box there is only "half" as option. Is it possible to set no damage? I
    If leave damage set to "-" it will unselect the target if they save. Damage will not be done then.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thank you very much!!!

Ok guys, if this is asked and answered previously, I apologize...
    My boys and I are gearing up to start our first FG campaign using the Classic 2E ruleset.

I can't figure out how to specialize in a weapon or a fighting style, for instance, I'm trying to create a Barbarian that is specialized in Trident and Net and has Two Hander Style.
    I'm lost...
    Please help...
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    Ok guys, if this is asked and answered previously, I apologize...
    My boys and I are gearing up to start our first FG campaign using the Classic 2E ruleset.

I can't figure out how to specialize in a weapon or a fighting style, for instance, I'm trying to create a Barbarian that is specialized in Trident and Net and has Two Hander Style.
    I'm lost...
    Please help...
    LOL
    Create a weapon skill (skill tab) and give it the bonuses you want then apply those to the weapon.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Create a weapon skill (skill tab) and give it the bonuses you want then apply those to the weapon.
    Thanks for responding Celestian. I'm Bryan's DM. Specicfically, I'm trying to add the Two-Hander weapon style specialization. Here's what I've done:

Added the Weapon Proficiency "Trident" by dragging trident over from Items and drop it under Weapon Proficiencies , and because Bryan's PC has weapon specialization in trident I set the Hit to +1 and DMG to +2. That works.

Then, under Weapon Proficiencies, I manually created a proficiency I titled "Two-Hander Style" and I want it to re-create the proficiency of the same name from the 2E Fighter's Handbook, but only when using a melee weapon two-handed. There is no way I can find to edit the proficiency I created to adjust anything but Hit and DMG.

I have been able to create an effect which lowers the PC's Init -3, but it applies to every initiative roll as long as the PC has the trident carried, so even a shortsword initiative gets the -3 benefit.

I have tried creating a duplicate trident, changing the name to "Trident, Two-Hander Style" and only applying effects to it, but have had no success except that the -3 effect applies universally as I stated above.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by HotdogtheBarbarian View Post
    Thanks for responding Celestian. I'm Bryan's DM. Specicfically, I'm trying to add the Two-Hander weapon style specialization. Here's what I've done:

Added the Weapon Proficiency "Trident" by dragging trident over from Items and drop it under Weapon Proficiencies , and because Bryan's PC has weapon specialization in trident I set the Hit to +1 and DMG to +2. That works.

Then, under Weapon Proficiencies, I manually created a proficiency I titled "Two-Hander Style" and I want it to re-create the proficiency of the same name from the 2E Fighter's Handbook, but only when using a melee weapon two-handed. There is no way I can find to edit the proficiency I created to adjust anything but Hit and DMG.

I have been able to create an effect which lowers the PC's Init -3, but it applies to every initiative roll as long as the PC has the trident carried, so even a shortsword initiative gets the -3 benefit.

I have tried creating a duplicate trident, changing the name to "Trident, Two-Hander Style" and only applying effects to it, but have had no success except that the -3 effect applies universally as I stated above.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
    Make a weapon proficiency like you did for the Trident called Two-Hander style specialization and apply it to all the weapons in question. To be clear tho, there is no way to automate applying initiative adjustments for weapon profs.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Make a weapon proficiency like you did for the Trident called Two-Hander style specialization and apply it to all the weapons in question. To be clear tho, there is no way to automate applying initiative adjustments for weapon profs.
    Thanks. I've already created that weapon proficiency, and I can apply it to the trident and spear, long. But now my question is: What is the benefit of applying it to the weapons? By creating it under Weapon Profiencies that helps us to track used proficiency slots (and that's good), but does it appear in the chat window or something?

Thread Information