DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillhans View Post
    This is a lifesaver! Can you go boolean and (pun) OR multiple creature types in by way of adding another IFT:Type - string after each? Or do they need to go as seperate effects?
    You could have Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant,dragon,undead);DMG: [$LEVEL] if you need multiple. If they each have different effects (damage/atk/etc) you'd need an individual effect with IFT entry for them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've not had the chance to post a new tip so I'll make a quick one while I have a chance.

From the skills tab on a character sheet you can apply a weapon proficiency to a weapon.

(you can also set it from the Actions tab as well using the details button there as well)
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Another tip, this one for folks that use the optional weapon versus armor. For it to work you will need to add an effect to a weapon like this.

The effect string is IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail,plate mail); ATK: 2 . Check "ActionOnly".

When the attack is made it will check the targets inventory and if they have a matching armor name equipped it will apply the effect. In this case +2 to hit.
    ---

Great tips
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Celestian, is there a comprehensive syntax guide to effects and how to use it? I'm compiling items from Encyclopedia Magica, and i like adopt, when possible, the effects, damage, immunities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Celestian, is there a comprehensive syntax guide to effects and how to use it? I'm compiling items from Encyclopedia Magica, and i like adopt, when possible, the effects, damage, immunities, etc.
    Not yet. What I have put up can be found at the new 2E Ruleset document site.

I will detail the effects for the ruleset but I've a lot of projects spinning right now. In the meantime the link to the 5e effects are linked at the site above and for the most part those all work as detailed... it just doesn't include all the new features.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not yet. What I have put up can be found at the new 2E Ruleset document site.

I will detail the effects for the ruleset but I've a lot of projects spinning right now. In the meantime the link to the 5e effects are linked at the site above and for the most part those all work as detailed... it just doesn't include all the new features.
    Thanks! I already checked the 5e effects, but i noted you add more features.
    My group is delighted with the work you've done on AD&D. We're playing the old adventures and we found the same spirit we had when we were kids. Every month I buy a couple of modules, in order to complete the available material.
    Great great job!!!

I'm trying to add effect to "bard's ring"
    D000.jpg
    First i add +2 bonus to armor class, then i add +4 bonus to breath saving throw, and last i hope the syntax is correct (only bards can use this ring).
    When i equip the ring to a character, AC and breath saving throw didn't change... what's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    I'm trying to add effect to "bard's ring"
    D000.jpg
    First i add +2 bonus to armor class, then i add +4 bonus to breath saving throw, and last i hope the syntax is correct (only bards can use this ring).
    When i equip the ring to a character, AC and breath saving throw didn't change... what's wrong?
    "AC: 2;BREATH: 4"

That would be the effect. The AC will be included in rolls/saves but won't visibly change the number on the character sheet. The only ones that do that are ability score modifications.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    "AC: 2;BREATH: 4"

That would be the effect. The AC will be included in rolls/saves but won't visibly change the number on the character sheet. The only ones that do that are ability score modifications.
    Ah... ok! Thanks! Now i can proceed. Just a last question: the "armor and modifier" section in object sheet must be used only with armor and shields?

Edit: i modify the ring as you told, but when try to roll a save, nothing happen. The target remain the same. I don't understand the reason. I also try to use the item's option but nothing happen when i roll the dice.
    D001.jpg
    Last edited by graziano.girelli; February 1st, 2020 at 08:51.

Thread Information