DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 90 of 109 First ... 40808889909192100 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I am updating the DCC Horror module Creep, Skrag, Creep! with new color maps that I created with Inkarnate. You should have this in the next couple weeks. This is a fun adventure, but the map that came with it is not at all suitable as a battlemap. These new maps are a huge improvement, so consider running this one if you haven't yet. The main deck has quite a bit of detail, but in the interest of not spoiling anything, I will only show you the starting level:

StarOfNostro_Lower_100dpi.jpg

Do the IF and IFT conditional effects work in the DCC ruleset? I'm having trouble with them and I keep forgetting whether they are universal to FGU or just in specific rulesets.

Blog Entries
    Yes, they should work very similar to 5E in theory. Let me know what's not working for you, and I can tell you if it's a syntax thing or a bug.

I'm trying to make an effect that gives a +1 to hit demons. I've entered "demon" into the NPC "type" field. Then for the effect, IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK: 1. I've tried variations of spaces and no spaces.

Blog Entries
    That should work as long as the NPC has demon in the type field. I will check it out and get back to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I'm trying to make an effect that gives a +1 to hit demons. I've entered "demon" into the NPC "type" field. Then for the effect, IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK: 1. I've tried variations of spaces and no spaces.
    Yeah, this wasn't working. I fixed the issue, and I also added a name filter for spell effects. So you can enter 'SPELL: 2 turn unholy' to get a bonus to your turn unholy check only. I also updated the skill check script to include any ability score modifiers (like 5E). So, if you have an INT bonus effect and make a 'read languages' skill check, the INT bonus will apply to the check.

I need to check with the devs about the timing of this update because they are working on some higher level updates.

Cool, glad it wasn't by brain doing something strange. Those are nice updates!

One other question/request. I don't know whether this is due to a bug or fumble fingered players. The "Attack" bonus field on the Main tab of the character sheet is an editable field. For some reason this field is often zero for my non-warrior characters. It seems to occur when a character is removed from the combat tracker and then returned to the combat tracker though I'm not able to reproduce it. I assume therefore it is player error. I've even had it happen on some of my personal characters, but it would be the first time I've accidently changed editable fields.

So my question is: is there a reason this field is editable? The only other ruleset I've DMed is 5e and it is a locked field on that character sheet. I just don't see a reason for it to be editable.

Blog Entries
    There aren't too many reasons why you would need to edit that directly, at least not anymore. In the earlier days of the DCC ruleset, you had to update the attack bonus manually every time you leveled up. Now of course, the ruleset has a lot more functionality, but it's still possible that you might need to modify it for your lucky roll if you didn't use the '/funnel' command to generate your 0-level character.

Blog Entries
    Here's a screenshot from my latest work-in-progress. This map is from a classic DCC module - any guesses?

map.jpg

Hey man, awesome update but I'm getting an error on all skill checks. Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:88 attempt to index global 'EffectManager5E' (a nil value). No other issues noted but game tonight so will let you know.

Thread Information