DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 87 of 109 First ... 3777858687888997 ... Last
    I noticed an error when dragging & dropping a "to hit" roll from the chatbox to the target. ERROR: Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:453: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value).

This only happens with the "to hit" roll. Damage roll works. And both to hit and damage rolls work when dragging from the character sheet to the target on the combat tracker.

Blog Entries
    That error seems to pop up once in awhile. I need to stop tweaking the attack script

That's what happens when you poke things with a stick!

Blog Entries
    I submitted a fix for the script error reported in post #861 plus a few other minor changes (v2022-05-21):

[Fixed] Script error when dragging attack roll from chat to target.
    [Updated] Un-dead traits effect with conditional immunities (charmed, paralyzed, sleeping).
    [Updated] Initiative modifier visible for traps and hazards if non-zero value.
    [Added] Shaded frame ‘dcc2’ for reference manual blocks.

Still waiting for access to the shared folder for Beneath the Well of Brass so I can fix those map pins. I am also going to clean up Frozen in Time, but I don't have access to that yet either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    Mighty Deeds of Arms has a page reference.
    Yes. For that you would open the reference manual and click on the Mighty Deeds of Arms page in the Combat section (see screenshot). We leave the text from the print product as is, even though page number references are not really useful for the data module.

mighty deeds reference.jpg

I've got a few items that came up in my session last night:

-Whenever one of my PCs (an Elf) attempts to roll a basic Spellcheck not associated with a specific spell from the Actions tab, they get the following: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager action power.lua"]:297: attempt to compare number with nil
    -In the Fate's Fell Hand adventure, I found an issue with the Line of Sight. Players could see into Area 2-2 (Chapel) even when the door was closed.
    -In the Fantasy Grounds store, Fate's Fell Hand is missing the "LOS" tag. (It was a nice surprise to find that it had great custom maps with LOS, though!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkdawson View Post
    I've got a few items that came up in my session last night:

-Whenever one of my PCs (an Elf) attempts to roll a basic Spellcheck not associated with a specific spell from the Actions tab, they get the following: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager action power.lua"]:297: attempt to compare number with nil
    -In the Fate's Fell Hand adventure, I found an issue with the Line of Sight. Players could see into Area 2-2 (Chapel) even when the door was closed.
    -In the Fantasy Grounds store, Fate's Fell Hand is missing the "LOS" tag. (It was a nice surprise to find that it had great custom maps with LOS, though!)
    Thank you for the report. I have the spell check error sorted out. I will take a look at the FFH map, shouldn't be a problem.

Blog Entries
    It looks like the chapel door uses window occluders instead of door occluders. I submitted a fix, which should go live next Tuesday (5/31).

If you need it sooner, the "quick" fix is this:

1. With the module open, drag-and-drop the map 'Player Map - The Manor' on the Images window to create a copy.
    2. Open and unlock the map 'Player Map - The Manor (Copy)'.
    3. Select the 'Walls' icon from the menu in the right sidebar. All of the occluders should be visible.
    4. Double-click one of the yellow points from the chapel door, which is currently a window.
    5. Hold Ctrl and left-click the door icon from the occluders menu. The yellow points will turn blue, indicating a door instead of a window.

You will need to transfer player tokens to the new map. If you are in the middle of a combat, transfer the NPCs from the combat tracker as well.

window to door.jpg

EDIT: Actually, looking at the judge's map, I see that this entry is an archway. I believe the window occluder was created by a script that preps the Dungeondraft map for Fantasy Grounds. This is functioning as intended, but if for some reason, you want that to be a door, follow the instructions above. You will find a similar situation with the other archways on this map
    Last edited by leozelig; May 23rd, 2022 at 22:07.

Aha, thanks! Good to know the door vs. window distinction. I'm new to using the LOS feature as a DM.

Thread Information