FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 71 of 109 First ... 2161697071727381 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Is there a way to add a RESIST effect to an NPC just for the "untyped" damage (done with non-magical weapons?). I am trying to create some monsters that are immune to certain types, and resist non-magical, but getting stuck.
    Try ‘RESIST: !magic’

I wrestled with this awhile back and had trouble getting it to work. The resistance should apply to anything without damage type = magic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    Noticed two small things while adding a power for an NPC:

The "Add Save" does not show up when hovering the radial menu option for adding a save . Add Cast/Damage/Heal/Effect do show up on hover. Easily ignored except my small brain that saw the cancel logo and decided if I clicked it it would just close the menu hahaha (I figured it out)

When a single entity is targeted by a power/spell that triggers a save for no damage on success it does not remove the target. When multiple entities are targeted it does remove those who succeed on the save. This may be intentional since you just don't roll the damage or place the effect on a save.

Question time. Is there a way to target several people and automate a luck check against a DC? Can you have an effect that modifies checks/damage up or down the die chain? Thank you for the work you've been putting into the DCC ruleset!
    Thanks Ramza, I’ll check those out. I had a little misfire with the strings file during the last update, so the missing ‘Add Save’ text is probably related to that. I’ll check the targeting question. The effect ‘DIEDMG:##’ should move the first damage die up/down the dice chain. The party sheet allows you to roll an ability check for the PCs vs a fixed DC.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Try ‘RESIST: !magic’

I wrestled with this awhile back and had trouble getting it to work. The resistance should apply to anything without damage type = magic.
    Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, still can't get it to work right for a basic weapon. I think it's because the weapons, as is, have no type. Although FG is rendering it as "untyped", I wonder if maybe items need to be specifically typed for it to work?

Blog Entries
    I’ll try a few effects, I feel like I got it working but maybe not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    Noticed two small things while adding a power for an NPC:

The "Add Save" does not show up when hovering the radial menu option for adding a save . Add Cast/Damage/Heal/Effect do show up on hover. Easily ignored except my small brain that saw the cancel logo and decided if I clicked it it would just close the menu hahaha (I figured it out)

When a single entity is targeted by a power/spell that triggers a save for no damage on success it does not remove the target. When multiple entities are targeted it does remove those who succeed on the save. This may be intentional since you just don't roll the damage or place the effect on a save.
    The 'Add Save' text is working for me. The latest update should have hit the Live channel today, so let me know if that doesn't fix the issue.

Targeting is working as intended. The default "remove on miss" option is 'Multi'. This option only works when more than 1 target is selected. Setting the option to 'On' will remove missed targets regardless of how many are targeted.

Blog Entries
    I will change the 'Add Save' radial menu icon for powers. Here's a screenshot - I think this is less confusing...

actions menu.jpg

Is there an issue with darkvision in the latest FGU update? I just tried messing around with a map and adding ambient light and a mask for darkness for the dungeon, but noticed my infravision characters had no vision. I tried changing the "Senses" to 'Darkvision 60' but no dice. Is it working for others?

Edit: It still works in my 5e games, just not working right in DCC for me.

oh I like the new "Add Save" radial menu icon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    oh I like the new "Add Save" radial menu icon!
    Thanks Tab! Coming soon…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Is there an issue with darkvision in the latest FGU update? I just tried messing around with a map and adding ambient light and a mask for darkness for the dungeon, but noticed my infravision characters had no vision. I tried changing the "Senses" to 'Darkvision 60' but no dice. Is it working for others?

Edit: It still works in my 5e games, just not working right in DCC for me.
    Did you try infravision? I haven’t tested it much because I’ve been busy with other updates, but I will check it.

Thread Information