DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 70 of 110 First ... 2060686970717280 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    @leozelig Do you by any chance have a list of what products are in the pipeline for DCC/MCC? Smiteworks used to have a list of projects and who was working on them but now I can't find anything new. I figured you've got the bulk (if not all) of anything currently under development. There are some DCC VTT aids on sale right now at Drivethrurpg but I'd rather wait to buy them from the Smiteworks store if they're already in development.
    I’m actually only working on the rulesets, and I don’t have any inside info on projects in development. Maybe you can try emailing Smiteworks. I’m sure if you have questions about a specific product, they would be able to tell you if it’s in the works.

Hey Leo, checking things on Test server:

1) I noticed under the radial menu to "Add Action" on a spell the new option of Save does not have a mouse over label "Add Save" when all the other options have one.

2) On the Character Sheet on Actions Tab under the Magic meta entry the "Last Roll" field has no label or mouse over label; thus may be confusing for new players/judges as to what it is.

3) I'm assuming the Birth Augur automation for Bountiful harvest and Birdsong only work with the /funnel generation; with manual generation it does not work.

4) I do not see the field for the Custom disapproval table field in the Magic Meta dialog box. I tried both basic 'cleric' and the cleric classes from the Annual.

5) I am also assuming that the Slash command ‘/funnel <user> <#chars>’; the parameter of <user> only works when the player is connected, and <#chars> is less than 10.

Otherwise looks great!
    Last edited by Tabarkus; August 17th, 2021 at 01:24.

Blog Entries
    Hey Tab! I’ll check it out and try to get those fixes in by Wed afternoon.

Regarding the funnel command, you are correct that the player needs to be connected for the judge to assign zeroes to them. There is no max for #chars, but I should definitely do that. We can call it 10 - is that gongfarmer’s max?

Blog Entries
    Planning to run the DCC Day #2 module if anyone is interested. We can test the /funnel command

Definitely interested in playing in a game! I found the /funnel didn't make 10 characters; when I put in 10 it only made 1. So it seemed to only read 1 digit, I didn't really test beyond that. The Gongfarmer's extension? It only makes 1 at a time, but it does it as fast as you can click it. Also I love the names, the Gongfarmer extension is awesome but it uses Welsh names and they hurt my brain.

Blog Entries
    It looks like a couple of files did not update, including the strings file, which explains problems 1, 2, and 4. Working on the others.

Blog Entries
    The character generator works for me. There were a number of strings missing from the chat message (see post #696), but no other issues. The character names come from Appendix S, and the column is based on your race and ability scores - higher Str/Agi (or dwarf/halfling) pulls from Warriors & Thieves, higher Per/Int (or elf) pulls from Clerics & Wizards. I set the max number of 0-level characters generated to 24. You can expect some lag with a higher number of characters, but this sets a limit at least.

Birdsong should work with the char generator and manual occupation drops. Bountiful harvest works for those, plus class drops. For occupation drops, birdsong and bountiful harvest pull the luck bonus based on your luck score (since this should be your starting luck). For class drops, the bountiful harvest bonus reads directly from the lucky roll field since your starting luck score might have changed, so you should append '+1' or whatever your starting luck bonus is to the string. The character generator does this automatically.
    Last edited by leozelig; August 17th, 2021 at 12:26.

Blog Entries
    I am running the DCC Day adventure Beneath the Well of Brass on Sunday, August 29 at 7 PM EDT/UTC-4 if anyone is interested.

I'm working on some magic-related stuff for the next update. I created a ton of spell tables (manifestation, corruption, and misfire) that I will package in a separate module so it doesn't weigh down the core rules module too much. I might include spell "fumble" tables as well. You will be able to link corruption and misfire tables to the spell record. I might try to auto-fill the manifestation and mercurial magic fields when you drop a spell to the char sheet - depends on how complicated that gets.

spell tables.jpg

Noticed two small things while adding a power for an NPC:

The "Add Save" does not show up when hovering the radial menu option for adding a save . Add Cast/Damage/Heal/Effect do show up on hover. Easily ignored except my small brain that saw the cancel logo and decided if I clicked it it would just close the menu hahaha (I figured it out)

When a single entity is targeted by a power/spell that triggers a save for no damage on success it does not remove the target. When multiple entities are targeted it does remove those who succeed on the save. This may be intentional since you just don't roll the damage or place the effect on a save.

Question time. Is there a way to target several people and automate a luck check against a DC? Can you have an effect that modifies checks/damage up or down the die chain? Thank you for the work you've been putting into the DCC ruleset!
    Last edited by Ramza; August 24th, 2021 at 05:22.

Is there a way to add a RESIST effect to an NPC just for the "untyped" damage (done with non-magical weapons?). I am trying to create some monsters that are immune to certain types, and resist non-magical, but getting stuck.

Thread Information