STAR TREK 2d20
Page 62 of 110 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I am adding infravision as a vision preset for the new map features that are currently on the Test channel. The Senses field on the char sheet will auto-populate when you drop an occupation or class with the Infravision feature, and NPCs with the infravision special property will gain the appropriate effect when dropped to the combat tracker. Note that characters who already have this feature on their char sheet will need to update the Senses field manually.

Creating spell actions for the DCC Annual content is taking longer than anticipated, so I am going to put that on hold for now. I have 7 more patrons (27 spells) to cover, and you can expect to have those before too long. That means the next update will hit the Test channel by the middle of this week.

Blog Entries
    Goodman games has a few "VTT packs" with color maps and tokens. Are there plans to update the modules (like Sailors on the Starless Sea) to the nicer maps and tokens?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Goodman games has a few "VTT packs" with color maps and tokens. Are there plans to update the modules (like Sailors on the Starless Sea) to the nicer maps and tokens?
    Hi Myrdin,

That’s a good question — I’m not aware of any plans to do that. Since the VTT packs are sold as separate products, I’m guessing they will remain that way, but I don’t have any official knowledge of that.

Blog Entries
    https://goodman-games.com/store/prod...ap-token-pack/

In the case of the FG version of this module, even the B&W players maps still have all the keys still there. They were not even photoshopped to get rid of that (I do that when I convert old modules for use on VTT). I previewed a competing VTT version of this module this weekend and they used the VTT pack.

Other publishers sell VTT asset versions separately, but usually those assets were used in whatever official VTT version that was published. I did not look to see who converted the module originally, but since this is one of the marque funnels, it might be good to have the best maps and tokens in it.

I can buy the maps and add in LOS myself (and maybe even lighting), but hopefully someone can ask Goodman Games and the VTT versions here can be enhanced.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Myrdin you should go with on Goodman games discord and ask them there. Surely this would require their permission. Your right the goodman sailors VTT map is very cool. Can you say what VTT this was on?

Blog Entries
    It was on foundry. The automation and background features of Fantasy Grounds are still better (there is no auto check for hits and damage, for example). I am not aware if this was just the ruleset conversion and the Judge was using the VTT art pack to run the module but that will not be for sale.

However, the maps are significantly nicer for VTT play than the older B&W ones. Foundry has similar lighting effects as the test version of FG and there are parts of the color maps where this really came across well.

Compared to Roll20, Foundry looked quite good. Other than keeping the pressure on Smiteworks to keep innovating, I did not see anything other than the player interface being the browser that would make me want to switch. And that is not that compelling.

Was the foundry module sold directly on Goodman's store or is this a fan created unofficial module? If it is one they created I bet we could make this happen! Some of the stuff on foundry is being shared from person to person and is not really on the up and up.

Edit: This is what I found.

"Note that this system does not contain content from copyrighted DCC products, only rollable character sheets. Work is in progress to support a paid module containing copyrighted Goodman Games content ready for out-of-the-box use. In the mean time, please see the user guide for how to import content from the PDF rulebook for your personal use."

So I am wondering if what you found was legal to share.
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 29th, 2021 at 15:20.

Blog Entries
    I don't want to speak for the guy running the game. He said that he is working on the ruleset and I got the impression that more would be coming, but that is between Goodman Games and them (and he seems to be working with them).

I am not going to go onto their discord and chase them. I do that for other publishers that I work with for conversions (5e). In this case I am just a customer.

Blog Entries
    The game you played on Foundry must have used the VTT pack you can buy in the GG store. That’s not the same as purchasing a full VTT module with those art assets included. Foundry does not sell any DCC adventures yet. They are still working on the basic ruleset, and it looks like a worthy competitor so far.

I ran Shadow of the Beakmen on FG recently, and I used the VTT map and token pack from the GG store. I really don’t think that GG will throw in a $7 VTT pack with a $10 adventure module for free, but that’s just my opinion. They have no vested interest in any particular VTT, so if that changes, I would expect equal access for Roll20, FG, and Foundry.

I agree with you that a paid FG conversion should include untagged maps. DCC maps are really challenging because the art is created physically by hand and scanned in later, so the tags do not exist in a separate image layer that you can simply hide. I have always done my best to photoshop out traps, secret doors, and area labels in my conversions. (For the record, I did not convert Sailors.) I feel like untagged maps should be a requirement if you’re going to submit a conversion for the store.
    Last edited by leozelig; March 29th, 2021 at 20:21.

Blog Entries
    I always use untagged maps myself as well for all adventures on the store. I found a photoshop expert on fiverr that is better and quicker than I could ever be.

The art pack is $4.99 for Sailor and it makes the VTT experience much better. I would say that for $9.99 I would get the printed module and the PDF, so for $9.99 for a VTT I don’t see why they would not want the best product for their customers to encourage them to buy more.

The foundry ruleset looked decent, but I still think yours has the edge and is improving every day.

Thread Information