STAR TREK 2d20
Page 54 of 110 First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I am working on a few bug fixes for the next update. You will also see some minor changes to the desktop icons from a CoreRPG update. I am going to save some of the feature updates for March (after Spawn of Cyclops Con).

I also noticed the “0” damage is back? I didn’t test it thoroughly I just saw it several times in a game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I also noticed the “0” damage is back? I didn’t test it thoroughly I just saw it several times in a game.
    That’s weird - I’ll fix that.

Blog Entries
    I submitted a few minor updates:

[Fixed] Trade good 'Trowel' for grave digger occupation currently links to weapon 'Trowel (as dagger)'.
    [Fixed] Case format for farmer occupations does not match other occupations (i.e., capitalize first letter only).
    [Fixed] Thieves’ cant not capitalized when added to language list for first-level thief class drop.
    [Fixed] Backstab bonus not applying to weapon attack bonus when applicable.

Blog Entries
    Minimum damage works for me when I make a basic roll from the character sheet. I double-checked the code, and everything looks correct there, too.

Here are a few things I'm planning for the next update:

• Show ability scores in combat tracker entry.
    • Change visibility of NPC record fields for type 'trap' or 'hazard' - for example, hide ability scores.
    • Add race field to Notes tab (before gender) and auto-populate on occupation drop.
    • When backstab skill updates, adjust relevant weapon attack modifier.

I've been thinking about the backstab skill and weapons on the Actions tab. Currently, backstab entries are created in the weapons list if the item does additional damage for backstab. I was thinking that the additional entry should happen for every weapon if the character has the backstab skill. I was also thinking that the crit die should auto-roll when you hit with a backstab attack, which could be determined by the weapon name including the word backstab. I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on improving backstab features... Are the additional backstab entries useful, or are they cluttering up your weapons list? How are people handling backstab attacks in their games?

Screen shot r/t 0 damage result, off a straight damage roll from character sheet: zero damage.PNG
    It was a 0-level character, on the combat tracker with an enemy targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on improving backstab features... Are the additional backstab entries useful, or are they cluttering up your weapons list? How are people handling backstab attacks in their games?
    IMHO, the additional backstab entries are useful for the "thief" weapons which give additional damage. I don't think I would want them for every weapon, but it's no big deal if they were added, as they are easily created/deleted if one of my players does or doesn't want them. Since the thief weapons give additional damage on a backstab having them show up on the Actions Tab is a good reminder to thieves to use them. So I like them showing up for the sake of new players and/or new thieves. Making backstabs auto-roll crits would be very nice as well, for the same reasons. Since thieves usually don't have much in regards to spells or other powers I don't find the Backstab additions to be cluttering.

On second thought, I think having them added for all weapons would be newbie friendly for both new players and new judges.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; February 6th, 2021 at 00:33.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Screen shot r/t 0 damage result, off a straight damage roll from character sheet. It was a 0-level character, on the combat tracker with an enemy targeted.
    Running on the Test channel? I will try it with targeting and see what happens. Thanks T

Blog Entries
    I will definitely keep the additional entries when the damage is different. One awkward situation is for ranged weapons with a second entry for backstab - the ammo counter is not linked so you need to synch them manually.

I wonder if there’s a place for a backstab button in the same row as the crit/fumble/deed buttons. It wouldn’t be a roll button - more like the modifier buttons (on higher ground, firing into melee, etc.) but on the char sheet. You would still need the second entry for backstab damage, but the skill bonus and auto-crit would be triggered by the button.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Running on the Test channel? I will try it with targeting and see what happens. Thanks T
    No that's on Live. I'm sorry did that fix not go Live yet? I think I'm getting lost on what's gone live and what's on Test.

I just loaded Test and I get the same 0 damage result.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; February 6th, 2021 at 15:30.

Thread Information