DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 109 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last
    I tried adding a custom spell with the new format and I get a “cannot read spell table” output to the chat box. I looked it over several times and can’t see that I’ve mis-entered anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, a thought on the Fleeting Luck mechanic. If you could tie a visual element to it, that would be helpful in my opinion. Similar to how the 5e Ruleset does Inspiration, you check a box and a gold star appears on the UI character portrait.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; January 28th, 2021 at 10:40.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I'm just spitballing because I can't produce the error. Can you delete the ruleset and run an update to download again? I have no idea if this will fix it but it can't make it worse.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. I have a player join the game and take control of the character, but they get the same errors on their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Mox View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. I have a player join the game and take control of the character, but they get the same errors on their computer.
    Do they have the Player DCC rules module open?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Do they have the Player DCC rules module open?
    Good thought. Yes, I tested turning the core and players versions on and off in every combination I could conceive.

Good New, it looks like the error is gone. I installed and reinstalled, but the campaign and other data files were still there (and so was the error). So I went on a deleting rampage and deleted all rule set files, several things in the Vault, Extensions, etc. I ran the update and no errors! There was some file in there messing things up.

Glad it's gone, thanks for all the support!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    Thats a great feature I had no idea about, I will use it with my players!
    Is there any document with all this kind of tips?
    There is a user guide in the first post of this thread. Some of the newer features haven’t been added, but there are a couple tutorial threads in the forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    I tried adding a custom spell with the new format and I get a “cannot read spell table” output to the chat box. I looked it over several times and can’t see that I’ve mis-entered anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, a thought on the Fleeting Luck mechanic. If you could tie a visual element to it, that would be helpful in my opinion. Similar to how the 5e Ruleset does Inspiration, you check a box and a gold star appears on the UI character portrait.
    That would be the plan with fleeting luck.

I couldn’t reproduce the spell error. Maybe you can walk me through it.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 28th, 2021 at 11:05.

Hello there slashers,
    are there any plans for adding traps as an NPC type (like other rulesystems)? In DCC adventures there are a ton of traps and hazards and it would be nice to have a trap specific template. And thank you leozelig for your excellent work on the rulesystem!

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I couldn’t reproduce the spell error. Maybe you can walk me through it.
    Haha, that would be one of those ID10T errors. I was testing using a custom Invoke Patron spell which I set into a separate spell category so I can place a limitation on the number of times it can be cast per day. Some how when I switched out the spells the Group Type was set to Abilities instead of Spells, or maybe the previous way of doing things allowed for an Abilities setting. Anyhow, it wasn't picking up the spell table because it wasn't a "spell". Problem solved. Awesome improvement as always!

EDIT: Core spells work with an Abilities setting on the Group Type, Custom spells do not.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; January 30th, 2021 at 00:44.

Blog Entries
    Glad you figured that out Tab... I left some of the old code for core spells, so it’s possible the result when the spell is set to Ability is coming from the data file. I plan to remove that eventually.

Hi Papi. Thanks for the suggestion. I considered doing this once before, but in the end, I wasn’t sure if it was worth adding a layer of complexity to the ruleset. I have created NPCs for traps in my games, using only the Attacks field and maybe the SP (special properties) field. Let me know which ruleset has a good trap/hazard template, and I will take a closer look at it.

Blog Entries
    One question I ran into with changing the spell record is how to deal with cleric abilities that use a spell check but aren’t really spells - lay on hands, turn unholy, canticles from the DCC Annual. Right now, you can drop these from your features list on the Abilities tab to quickly create a power on the Actions tab, but the “casting” result is still dependent on the data file. I might have to look at 5E to see if there is anything similar.

Thread Information