DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 51 of 109 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    I'm wondering if spell manifestations and mercurial magic effects are supposed to roll automatically? I see an early screenshot you shared, leozelig, and it looked like that's the case. That doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using Unity and have spell manifestations and mercurial magic effects turned on. I've attached a screenshot.

Manifestation & Mercurial.PNG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinksw View Post
    I'm wondering if spell manifestations and mercurial magic effects are supposed to roll automatically? I see an early screenshot you shared, leozelig, and it looked like that's the case. That doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using Unity and have spell manifestations and mercurial magic effects turned on. I've attached a screenshot.
    Hey kleinksw,

Thanks for your question. The chat message simply displays the content of these fields from the spell record, so no rolling involved.

You should roll for your spell manifestation and mercurial magic effect when you first learn the spell. After you drop the spell to your character sheet, open and unlock the spell record, and then edit these fields based on the specifics for your character. That text will display in chat when you roll a successful spell check.

Hope that clarifies things!

Leo

leozelig -
    I have trouble remembering what fields are visible to players vs judge on some things. I'm thinking in regard to items specifically. It's not clear to me what becomes visible after Items are ID'd.
    Is there some documentation for this somewhere?
    If not, would it be possible to have a tooltip or some indicator as a reminder?

Blog Entries
    If you unlock the item record, you will see a non-id name and description. These will display instead of the regular name and description. The bonus field will also be hidden. The other fields are displayed for both conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Hey kleinksw,

Thanks for your question. The chat message simply displays the content of these fields from the spell record, so no rolling involved.

You should roll for your spell manifestation and mercurial magic effect when you first learn the spell. After you drop the spell to your character sheet, open and unlock the spell record, and then edit these fields based on the specifics for your character. That text will display in chat when you roll a successful spell check.

Hope that clarifies things!

Leo
    Perfect. Thanks, Leo.

I'm running the DCC Rule set with no extensions enabled. When I make any dice rolls for PC's, the result is in chat, but the following error shows up in the Log:

Script Execution error: ["String "Scripts/manager_action_init.lua"]:105: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a table value)

Any ideas what's going on? I've created a new campaign, a new PC, and still get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

I cant reproduce this. You are clicking the PC sheet to roll the dice correct? Is there a specific roll your doing?

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Thats a great feature I had no idea about, I will use it with my players!
    Is there any document with all this kind of tips?

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I cant reproduce this. You are clicking the PC sheet to roll the dice correct? Is there a specific roll your doing?
    Yes, through the character sheet. Ability, Init, Saves, and weapon attacks produce the error. Oddly enough, Crit, fumble and Spell Check rolls, do not produce the error. Also, rolls from outside the character do not produce the error.

I'm just spitballing because I can't produce the error. Can you delete the ruleset and run an update to download again? I have no idea if this will fix it but it can't make it worse.

Thread Information