FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 48 of 110 First ... 3846474849505898 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Great! Thanks for helping me figure that out RaSepReTep. I have set up the next version to still roll the crit/fumble die if the module is unloaded - you would just need to look up the result.

Blog Entries
    Good news - it looks like the ruleset updated sooner than expected!

DCC RPG v1.10
    [Added] Item record created for scissors trade good – different than trained weapon scissors.
    [Added] Melee/missile attack and damage modifier fields created in Weapon Meta dialog box for easier application of lucky roll modifiers.
    [Added] Class field to skill modifiers – future class drops will apply skill bonus to Class (not Misc) field.
    [Added] Effect ALL applies numerical modifier to all rolls – initiative, attacks, spell checks, damage, healing, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
    [Added] Dice swap applied to first damage/heal die with DIEDMG or DIEHEAL effect, or with desktop dice swap buttons.
    [Added] LOS occluders to player maps for core rules adventures.
    [Added] Effect ‘RESIST: all’ applies resistance (half damage) to all damage types.
    [Updated] Skill list layout changed for more streamlined appearance.
    [Updated] Luck check (i.e., roll under) target in message displays as ‘vs. Luck score #’ instead of ‘vs. DC #’.
    [Updated] Unity-friendly character substitutions for core rules adventures.
    [Updated] Label width increased for Stat Loss dialog box.
    [Updated] Spell name parsing simplified for chat message casting table results.
    [Updated] Can specify exceptions to immunity or resistance to all damage using exclamation point – for example, ‘RESIST: all, !fire’ for resistance to all damage except fire.
    [Updated] Default for ‘Auto crit/fumble roll’ option set to ‘Both’.
    [Updated] Brackets added to dice clauses in player module crit tables.
    [Fixed] Minimum damage was incorrectly set to 0 instead of 1.
    [Fixed] Untyped damage not parsing correctly for rolls with multiple damage types.

Currently available on the test channel, this will go live on Tue Jan 12 if everything runs smoothly.

Blog Entries
    Screenshot from one of the core rules adventure maps with LOS active (taken from the judge's perspective).

portal map.jpg

Feature request? If possible. With DCC spells sometimes you can chose a lower result on the spell table. I notice some FG fields can be dragged and dropped to the chatbox and some cannot. Currently the spell table results can not be dragged. Is it possible to make the spell table field drag&drop? So if a wizard chooses a lower result the player or Judge can drag&drop the lower result to the chatbox.

Blog Entries
    I would need to check which fields are draggable - I suspect string fields are, but formatted text fields are not. It would require a pretty significant rewrite of the spell record if that’s the case. For example, I could make the casting table similar to the feature list on the class record. The level (number field) would be a roll result, and the feature name (string field) would be the result description. Maybe I will throw something together and see what you think.

EDIT: Screenshot added. The string fields are still not draggable, but I think I could make it work eventually. At the very least, you could select all (CTRL-A) for the desired result and paste (CTRL-V) to chat. Changing the spell record would require reformatting the spells in the Core Rules modules, which is no small task. For now, your players can open the link to the spell record from their character sheets, unlock the record, select the desired casting table result, and copy-paste to chat.

spell table.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; January 9th, 2021 at 12:26.

Blog Entries
    Bug reported... When the Manifestation field of a power is empty, a script error occurs. You will most likely see this for cleric abilities like Lay on Hands. I submitted a fix. In the meantime, disable the option ‘Chat: Show spell manifestation’ if you are getting this error. The fix should hopefully hit the Test channel on Tue and go live the following week (Jan 19).

Yeah, I figured it was either not possible or a ton of work to alter it. The work around is a bit clunky but functional. Though the Ctrl-A selects the entire spell table. So you have to highlight the desired result and Ctrl-C and paste. I'm not sure its worth your time and effort but I'll let you decide. But thanks for considering it.

Blog Entries
    I do like how it looks and it would simplify the scripts on the back end. It also makes custom spells a little more intuitive. I was thinking of doing some more work on auto-rolling spell misfires, etc. so maybe I can focus some time on this as well.

Also, you're right about CTRL-A. You would just highlight the table cell you want, but yeah - very clunky either way.

Blog Entries
    So, looking for opinions. I want to update the spell record to contain a casting table that looks more like a FG table and is easier to customize. You can drag and drop the result text to the chat window for spells that allow you to substitute a lower result. Basically what Tabarkus suggested in post #474 - and I think it's an excellent feature request. The downside is that players would potentially need to re-drag their spells to the char sheet after the update. If that's a major problem for anyone, please share your feedback.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 10th, 2021 at 17:57.

Re-dragging spells isn't a big deal at all.
    What about custom spells? Would those work as is without the new features or need to be re-made?

Thread Information