STAR TREK 2d20
Page 40 of 110 First ... 3038394041425090 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I see the error - it's the same problem in both cases DMrabs and Tabarkus, and it seems to be unique to FGU. Here are the errors:

Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:403: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a table value)

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions2.lua"]:11: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a table value)

In both cases, they point to this line of code:

rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " (" .. rRoll.aDice[1] .. ")";

...which simply appends the string value of the first die rolled to the chat message. I suspect this is probably a widespread error, since this line of code exists anywhere the die value is displayed in the chat message. Interestingly, this line of code has not changed since before DCC became an officially-supported ruleset, so I suspect this is a Unity conflict and not a bug with the latest updates for DCC. Regardless, I will get it fixed.

Thanks for the bug report...

Blog Entries
    you probably want one of these:

rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " (" .. rRoll.aDice[1].value .. ")";

or

rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " (" .. rRoll.aDice[1].result .. ")";

Im guessing...

Blog Entries
    It works with my test ruleset, and I believe the syntax is correct - see screenshot. It looks like Unity automatically displays the first die value, so maybe I don't even need this code any more - that would be wonderful.

roll message.jpg

EDIT: To clarify, it works in the Live channel using a copy of my updated DCC ruleset. I'm wondering if the conflict is with the Test version of CoreRPG...
    Last edited by leozelig; November 11th, 2020 at 12:34.

The dragdata dice data object returned by FGU always returns the dice data in the format { #1 = { 'type' = 'd6' }, #2 = { 'type' = 'd6' }, ... } or { #1 = { 'type' = 'd6', 'result' = #4 }, #2 = { 'type' = 'd6', 'result' = #2 }, ... }. In FGC, it fluctuated between a straight string list { #1 = 'd6', #2 = 'd6' } and the other format, depending on where it is in the roll cycle.

Since that information gets saved under rRoll.aDice; then any manipulation or usage of the rRoll.aDice field needs to check the type (i.e. type(rRoll.aDice[1]) == 'table')) before maniuplating or using.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thank you, JPG - that helps a ton actually. Looks like damned was correct, so thanks to him, too.

I am going to consider whether we still need that in the roll description since it now displays over the die icon. Or maybe for now I will just submit a fix.

EDIT: I'm just going to remove those lines of code since they are redundant with the default roll output now. I do need to update some other bits of code based on that info however - for example, the dice chain CT effects are probably not working.
    Last edited by leozelig; November 11th, 2020 at 20:08.

Blog Entries
    I submitted the bug fix today. According to Smiteworks policy, you will get this on Tue Nov 17. Sorry for the disruption, I was not aware that the dice data format had changed.

Blog Entries
    In addition to fixing the bug for dice rolls, I added a couple more things to the Tue Nov 17 update:

[Fixed] Filters for ability check effects were not working - i.e., 'CHECK: 2 strength' was applying to all ability checks instead of strength checks only.
    [Updated] Dice chain effects now accept filters as follows:
    • DIEATK: melee, ranged
    • DIECHK: strength, agility, stamina, personality, intelligence, luck
    • DIESAV: reflex, fortitude, willpower
    • DIESKILL: <skill name>

So, adding the effect 'DIEATK: 1 melee' increases your action die for melee attacks from a d20 to a d24, but ranged attacks still roll a d20. Don't ask me why you would want to do that, but now it's possible

I've pushed the updates to the Test channel for the most recent updates that @leozelig made.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've pushed the updates to the Test channel for the most recent updates that @leozelig made.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Oh nice, thank you Moon!

Blog Entries
    This is still very much a work in progress, but I am working on the chat message for spell manifestation and mercurial magic. I created an option for each - set to off by default, so nothing to do if you don't want this feature. These will display if the spell check is successful, the option is turned on, and the field is not blank on the spell record. After dropping a spell to your character sheet, you will need to update the 'Manifestation' field so it only shows the specific manifestation for your character.

Feel free to leave suggestions...

manifestation and mercurial magic in chat.jpg

Thread Information