DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 110 First ... 2634353637384686 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Leo, is it possible to have specific Combat Tracker Effects for SAVE and CHECK so you can add/subtract modifiers to individual stats, for example SAVE: Will 2 or SAVEWILL: 2 or CHECKAGI: 2 something like that? Right now the + Ability Effect works for raising or lowering the actual Ability Score not the Modifier itself. CHECK works but raises all modifiers at the same time.
    Hi Tabarkus... Yes, this is possible, and you were on the right track. The format should be 'SAVE: 2 willpower' or 'CHECK: 2 agility'. You can also specify bonuses for melee or ranged attacks - for example, 'ATK: 2 melee' or 'ATK: -2 ranged'.

Also, making the Cast Button on the Actions Tab (when in Actions Display) display only a Spellcheck or a Save cast depending on which one has data entered into it? If both, then both display.
    That's a good idea, I can definitely do that.

I am also going to add the crit and fumble roll buttons to the NPC sheet, and allow GMs to specify the fumble die in the Armor Class field. You will be able to either enter the AC as '12 (leather)' to describe the type of armor worn, or simply enter '12 (fumble d8)' to specify the die more directly. Your previous comment got me thinking about how crit and fumble rolls for NPCs are only really triggered by the attack roll, and it would be good to have some manual control over that.

npc crit and fumble rolls.jpg

Just want to say I got Fantasy Grounds Unity specifically to run DCC on it. and after getting the Ruleset I'm pretty excited to get it going. Thanks!

Another minor display issue, not sure if it's a bug. When casting wizard spells, the spell table results are not displayed in the chat box when it is a failure. It just reads [LOST, FAILURE, AND WORSE!] or [FAILURE] as opposed to the table results such as [Lost, failure, and worse! Roll 1d6 modified by Luck: (0 or less) corruption + patron taint + misfire; (1-2) corruption; (3) patron taint (or corruption if no patron); (4+) misfire.]; [Lost. Failure.], or [Failure, but spell is not lost.]. It would be nice if the failure results also printed to chat, especially as a reminder to new Judges that a spell is lost or not. I keep forgetting this result for wizards in my games.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Harley Stroh has been known to refer to damage types for weapons in his adventures, which is a thing in 3.5E but not officially in DCC.
    That was actually used in D&D2E. In the PHB pg90, Table 52, there is a small chart "Weapon Type vs. Armor Modifiers". Its actually quite neat allowing certain small +/- modifiers when certain weapons (Piercing, Slashing, Bludgeon) are used against certain armors. We still use it to this day. Its fun. Opens up a lot of doors for unique weapons and armors.

Blog Entries
    Another minor display issue, not sure if it's a bug. When casting wizard spells, the spell table results are not displayed in the chat box when it is a failure. It just reads [LOST, FAILURE, AND WORSE!] or [FAILURE] as opposed to the table results such as [Lost, failure, and worse! Roll 1d6 modified by Luck: (0 or less) corruption + patron taint + misfire; (1-2) corruption; (3) patron taint (or corruption if no patron); (4+) misfire.]; [Lost. Failure.], or [Failure, but spell is not lost.]. It would be nice if the failure results also printed to chat, especially as a reminder to new Judges that a spell is lost or not. I keep forgetting this result for wizards in my games.
    That’s a good suggestion, Tabarkus. I have it set up for successful spell checks only, but I hadn’t considered the finer details of a failure. I can include that in my next update.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebeef View Post
    Just want to say I got Fantasy Grounds Unity specifically to run DCC on it. and after getting the Ruleset I'm pretty excited to get it going. Thanks!
    I think you’ll like it, Ogrebeef! Let me know if you need any guidance. Once you get the basics down, it’s not too bad, but we can help if you need it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RocksFall View Post
    That was actually used in D&D2E. In the PHB pg90, Table 52, there is a small chart "Weapon Type vs. Armor Modifiers". Its actually quite neat allowing certain small +/- modifiers when certain weapons (Piercing, Slashing, Bludgeon) are used against certain armors. We still use it to this day. Its fun. Opens up a lot of doors for unique weapons and armors.
    Ah yes, that’s a classic table. I think 1E had that too. We mostly ignored it, but I am familiar with that gem

Hey leozelig, I've come up with a couple of other ideas I'd love to see.

1) I am currently using the Note field of the Spell window of each spell on the Actions Tab (see image) to record the Manifestation and Mercurial Magic results so the player can easily remember them. I love the automation of Fantasy Grounds and though it would be great to have Manifestation and Mercurial Magic results have their own fields that could be toggled to print to the chat display when a spell is cast. Perhaps in a different font to allow for better differentiation between the three elements of spellcasting: Manifestation/Mercurial Magic/Spell Results. I like the dynamics that manifestation and mercurial magic add to the DCC game and this would bring them out more prominently in game play.

2) Creating cascading table results for when a spellcheck is a natural 1 so any results for Corruption and/or Misfires would be automatically rolled and displayed to the chatbox would be awesome as well. Just like Critical Hit rolls currently work. This one sounds like a lot of work creating the tables but I think it'd be cool. I love the automation of Fantasy Grounds which is why I use it because it really speeds up combat.

Manifestation-Mercurial.PNG
    Last edited by Tabarkus; September 19th, 2020 at 15:24.

Blog Entries
    Hey leozelig, I've come up with a couple of other ideas I'd love to see.

1) I am currently using the Note field of the Spell window of each spell on the Actions Tab (see image) to record the Manifestation and Mercurial Magic results so the player can easily remember them. I love the automation of Fantasy Grounds and though it would be great to have Manifestation and Mercurial Magic results have their own fields that could be toggled to print to the chat display when a spell is cast. Perhaps in a different font to allow for better differentiation between the three elements of spellcasting: Manifestation/Mercurial Magic/Spell Results. I like the dynamics that manifestation and mercurial magic add to the DCC game and this would bring them out more prominently in game play.

2) Creating cascading table results for when a spellcheck is a natural 1 so any results for Corruption and/or Misfires would be automatically rolled and displayed to the chatbox would be awesome as well. Just like Critical Hit rolls currently work. This one sounds like a lot of work creating the tables but I think it'd be cool. I love the automation of Fantasy Grounds which is why I use it because it really speeds up combat.
    Those are good suggestions and yes, a hefty investment of time... but possible. I have considered changing the Notes field to Mercurial Magic, which is really the intended purpose of that. After you drag the spell to your char sheet, you can change the manifestation field to only show the specific one for you. That would simplify the coding for a chat message for those two fields. We would probably want an optional setting for showing these or not.

I have wanted to include misfire tables for spells in some form, possibly making rollable tables, although that would vastly increase the number of tables. I like your idea of entering these in a data file much better.

I have a couple products I’m working on, but I will see what I can do. Thanks as always for helping to improve the ruleset!

Blog Entries
    I finally fixed the minisheet script error. It fell off my radar for awhile, but all good now...

Thread Information