STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 109 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyac View Post
    Possible bug - monstrous manual, 3 entries for blue dragon (hatchling, juvenile, old) but all three list the same THACO (7).
    I think you might have meant to post in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eedback-thread

This thread is specifically for the Dungeon Crawl Classics ruleset—no monstrous manual here, and DCC uses ascending AC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuirgin View Post
    Here's an interesting thing I found.

1. Access Library > Modules > Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game and click Load, then close Data Module Activation
    2. From the Library, select the core rules manual to list the contents in the Library's bottom right panel, then click on the Tables link
    3. Select Table 1-3: Occupation: what appears is a static text-only table—no links.
    4. Click the Tables button from the Campaign Data sidebar, then locate and open Table 1-3: Occupation: what appears is a roll table which includes columns of linked items and a call on the equipment table to generate the L0's random equipment.

The roll-table version of the list can also be accessed from the "Reference Manual".

It appears that all of the tables listed at step 3 are static. This confused me at first. Apparently when I first tried creating characters with the FG DCC ruleset I accessed the static version of the occupations table and ended up going and creating my own roll tables to help generate characters faster.

I wondered what the reason was for having two different sets of the same table, so I loaded up the "5E Sample Campaign" and checked out the entries in the Library to see if the Table list from the library provided static tables, too. I was thinking that maybe it was just an FG thing which escapes me as a new user. Those tables, however, were roll-tables with active links. So now I'm wondering if this is a minor bug, or if maybe there's a reason for it.

A brief instruction on creating new characters for DCC wouldn't be a bad thing. Is the Wiki the appropriate place for that? If so, all of the "Store" rulesets are locked, and DCC isn't listed among them. I don't mind helping out providing documentation of what I learn as I go, but I also don't want to just jump in and make a mess due to having so little experience with FG and the community here.
    I included the reference tables in case anyone wanted to simply look something up - the rollable tables are hard to read, especially the longer ones like occupations. I have been busy with some other content, but the core rules module is next on my list for updating. The static tables will be removed if they have a rollable counterpart, so no more confusion.

I'm not sure how to create a new wiki entry. You can create a forum thread with a character creation tutorial - I would really appreciate that since my free time is very limited these days.

Also, regarding luck checks... Sometimes judges use a DC target for the luck check, so that option needs to be in there. I have considered creating a 'Luck Check' button on the character sheet in the past that uses the more typical "roll under" method, but since it's just a straight d20 roll, it seemed unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I included the reference tables in case anyone wanted to simply look something up - the rollable tables are hard to read, especially the longer ones like occupations. I have been busy with some other content, but the core rules module is next on my list for updating. The static tables will be removed if they have a rollable counterpart, so no more confusion.
    That makes sense—I've been experimenting with making some homebrew refs and looking at tables in documentation vs roll-tables and understand a little better the trade-offs there. And, yeah, the tables with cascading table calls are highly useful but unintelligible as readable documentation, so it's making sense. Thanks for

I'm not sure how to create a new wiki entry. You can create a forum thread with a character creation tutorial - I would really appreciate that since my free time is very limited these days.
    I've got a party of players that are new both to DCC and FG (as am I), so am considering how to teach folks what they need to know in order to handle leveled characters. I'm considering writing tutorials per class to give some tips about basic management in the character sheets. If I do that, I'll make sure they make it to the FG forums or wiki or both.

Also, regarding luck checks... Sometimes judges use a DC target for the luck check, so that option needs to be in there. I have considered creating a 'Luck Check' button on the character sheet in the past that uses the more typical "roll under" method, but since it's just a straight d20 roll, it seemed unnecessary.
    That makes sense, and I agree—easy check that automation wouldn't dramatically improve. Re: Luck against a DC, I wasn't aware it was a thing people are doing, but I'm really new to the DCC scene. Lots to learn all around.

Thanks for your help!

Guys, how do I roll the funky dice? I'm aware of the command (/die), but this not practical at all...

If yoou right-click a die, in the radial menu you can find the funky dice connected to that clicked die...

Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    Guys, how do I roll the funky dice? I'm aware of the command (/die), but this not practical at all...
    To add to the last response, here's as much as I've figured out.

You can access the zocchi dice by clicking on the standard dice, then navigating into the custom dice. The placement of the zocchi dice is based on the DCC rulebook's instructions for how to roll the funky dice values without actually having them. Once you know that, you can do the following:

• Manually go through each of the dice and drag the custom dice to your hotkeys.
    • Use chat commands: /die 1d5
    • Use the +1d/-1d/+2d/-2d modifiers and then roll one of the standard dice
    Last edited by Tuirgin; January 7th, 2020 at 00:27.

Blog Entries
    They are organized according to a Goodman Games forum post about how to get Zocchi dice results from standard dice. This is described in the 'Desktop' section of the user guide (see post #1).

d6 - d3
    d8 - d7
    d10 - d5, d30
    d12 - d24
    d20 - d14, d16

Use hotkeys or dice swap buttons as Tuirgin suggested if you need quick access.

I'm sorry. I didn't see the user's guide on the first page...
    Thanks!

I've been referring to the 5E_Effects page while exploring how effects work. But is there any way, without access to an unencrypted version of the ruleset, to determine which modifiers, descriptors, etc. are available for use with the DCC RPG ruleset?

Blog Entries
    I believe the user guide lists the descriptors associated with effects, such as ‘Prone’ and ‘Squeezing’. Most of the basic effects should work, like AC, ATK, SAVE, etc. You can specify ‘ATK: 2 melee’ for a +2 bonus to melee attacks only, or ‘SAVE: 1 fortitude’ for a +1 bonus to fortitude saves. Abilities are STR, AGI, STA, PER, INT, and LUCK.

DR should work for damage reduction.

Conditional effects should work.

RESIST, IMMUNE, and VULN work, but resistance in DCC is complicated. If you have 5 fire resistance, it absorbs 5 hp fire damage per round, but the ruleset applies resistance like 3.5E and 5E (per attack). I don’t know how to code it per round, or if that’s even possible. Resistance is sometimes shared by the whole party, just to really complicate things.

CRIT and SCOVER are not in there. None of the 5E-specific effects are, like CONC or ADV/DISADV (obviously).

If that doesn’t answer your question, let me know.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 11th, 2020 at 20:02.

Thread Information