DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 107 of 110 First ... 75797105106107108109 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    For the new spellburn feature...

Record any "new" spellburn for the day in the New column.
    When you take an overnight rest, any spellburn from that day will be added to the Old column, and nothing is recovered.
    If you did not spellburn that day (New = 0), then you will recover 1 point of ability score from the Old column.

This check occurs independently for each ability score. I never really thought about it before, but the rule isn't totally clear to me on that. If you spellburn 1 point of Stamina and 1 point of Agility for the day, can you still recover 1 point of Strength since you didn't spellburn Strength that day? The FG ruleset says yes. If anyone has heard a definitive explanation on this, let me know.

I think it is one of the "grey" rules which is interpreted different ways by different Judges. I rule it as you get a single ability score point back per rest, applied to the ability of your choice if you have burned multiple abilities. If you spellburn anything for the day you get nothing back.

I'll probably try it as you've written it, because automation is easier; we'll see what kind of difference it makes.

My players will likely prefer your interpretation.

Blog Entries
    Ooo, that’s hardcore, Tab! The chat notification is there so you can reverse any changes you don’t want. Automation is tricky with ambiguous rules

Feature request. NPC & PC Powers that use Ability Scores in a way that they currently use Saves; in order to use opposed Ability Score rolls, etc. The Powers we can currently make are based on Saving Throw rolls. Would you add the ability to have Ability Score Checks added to Powers in some way. We can currently make a "Check" roll using just an Ability Score but not a "Save". This would enable us to "push" Ability Score checks. This would be less useful for PCs vs NPCs since most NPCs don't have defined Ability Scores so it is mostly for NPCs.

Blog Entries
    True, the lack of monster ability scores is a little annoying to me considering that ability score damage is fairly common. I’m sure I could work ability scores in there easily enough. Thanks for the suggestion, Tab

Blog Entries
    I am working on a wiki for the ruleset. I think that will be more useful going forward than the user guide linked in the original post.

We found a bug Thursday night in DCC:

Bug: Thieves are not triggering Crit Table II

Thanks!
    Last edited by GregRex; December 24th, 2023 at 14:23. Reason: I forgot to include the word 'not'

Blog Entries
    Thanks GregRex! I’ll see what I can do with that

hmm, I can't seem to reproduce the Thieves' Crit table not firing. It works with no extensions loaded. It fires on backstab, nat 20, and with the press of the crit button.

Hmm, yep. I fired up a new session and it works. I tried several variations of rolling the attack dice to try to emulate what my player could have done, but I could not reproduce it. Go ahead and cancel that bug.

Thread Information