DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 102 of 110 First ... 25292100101102103104 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Tab! Sorry I missed your post. I think a DIEALL effect is possible - I'll see what I can do with that.

EDIT: I will also add a script that immediately deletes anyone's character who uses the 'ALL: 1000' effect
    Last edited by leozelig; July 14th, 2023 at 21:24.

*gulp*

… simple misunderstanding, good sir, I’ll be on me way… no harms done…

*scurries away*

Hey Leo, I noticed a typo on the Clay Golem that effects its attack roll. The attack is listed as just "+6 melee (1d8+3)". There is no [description] for the attack, for example "slam +6 melee" so it doesn't recognize the +6 as the melee bonus and just rolls a flat d20.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Hey Leo, I noticed a typo on the Clay Golem that effects its attack roll. The attack is listed as just "+6 melee (1d8+3)". There is no [description] for the attack, for example "slam +6 melee" so it doesn't recognize the +6 as the melee bonus and just rolls a flat d20.
    I’m actually in the process of revising the core rules module because Goodman Games replaced all (ok, most) of the male pronouns with gender neutral pronouns. I always thought the rampant use of he/him as the default pronoun was odd, but I did not realize it occurs a few thousand(!) times. The editing at Goodman Games has always been a weak spot in my opinion.

I’m also adding the new art from the 10th printing. Another odd choice by Goodman Games… They re-commissioned a different artist to basically draw a different version of the same scene for some of the art. *shrugs*

Anyway, I’ll fix the golem attack.

Blog Entries
    I have been working on the core rules update for the 10th printing, which includes many pronoun changes and some new art. I left the old art in the image library and labeled the new art '(10th Printing)', so it should be clear what was added. I also fixed a few minor typos in the ref manual - hopefully I didn't create any new ones. The golem attacks will be fixed, see post #1013.

As far as new features, I have added the spell list view to the class library, and you can create spell lists for custom classes using this feature as well. This is something I borrowed from 5E, and it will replace the sorting by level from the module library. I'm trying to mirror the 5E code whenever possible for ease of maintenance. Plus, this is a really nice feature if you create any homebrew spellcasters.

I am also updating the ALL effect to accept a dice clause (not just a number modifier), and I will experiment with a DIEALL effect for a dice swap (moving up/down the dice chain) that applies to all actions - attack, spell check, ability check, initiative, saving throw, and skill check.

Cool, looking forward to the improvements. Another request, which I know is a huge one. The new sound effects available in FGU are interesting and my group is enjoying them. I quickly realized though that with the combat sounds of hit, miss, critical, etc. it is impossible (or I think it is) to differentiate between weapons because the weapon is not listed in the DCC chat output on the same line as the attack and hit message. 5E's attack line appears as: Attack (R) (Dagger) [23] -> [at Berserker 2] [HIT] and DCC's line is Attack [7] -> [at Berserker] [HIT]. So the DCC chat message doesn't allow you to distinguish between melee and ranged attacks or by weapon. Preventing you from using the variety of sounds available. I'm not sure how big of an undertaking that is, but it would be cool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Cool, looking forward to the improvements. Another request, which I know is a huge one. The new sound effects available in FGU are interesting and my group is enjoying them. I quickly realized though that with the combat sounds of hit, miss, critical, etc. it is impossible (or I think it is) to differentiate between weapons because the weapon is not listed in the DCC chat output on the same line as the attack and hit message. 5E's attack line appears as: Attack (R) (Dagger) [23] -> [at Berserker 2] [HIT] and DCC's line is Attack [7] -> [at Berserker] [HIT]. So the DCC chat message doesn't allow you to distinguish between melee and ranged attacks or by weapon. Preventing you from using the variety of sounds available. I'm not sure how big of an undertaking that is, but it would be cool.
    Probably not too difficult, I’ll look at it. The DIEALL effect seems to be working, so at this point, I’m just waiting for the next big CoreRPG update on Tuesday (I think).

Also I noticed that an "Overnight Rest" no longer resets Disapproval and Halfling/Thief Luck use.

Blog Entries
    I’ve noticed that my earlier changes sometimes cancel out with these CoreRPG updates. I don’t know how, but things definitely disappear occasionally. I’ll try to find my code from the earlier update.

Blog Entries
    I looked at the sound triggers, and it looks for “Attack” and “[HIT]” (or whatever the result is). I did change the chat message to match 5E, so I’ll see if that fixes it, but looking at the code, I would think it’s not a parsing issue.

Thread Information