FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 58 of 109 First ... 848565758596068108 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Fixed. I'll include it in the latest update.

Blog Entries
    I'm having some issues getting the latest updates uploaded to Smiteworks. I will post an update when we get things resolved!

Please excuse my quite uninformed question: I am new to fantasygrounds - and I don't find a comprehensive tutorial for DCC. Creating and modifying PCs, awarding XP, I really don't get it. Is there a specific tutorial / FAQ for DCC, not a generic one? Thank you!

Blog Entries
    I need to update the user guide in the first post of this thread. We also need some tutorial videos. Fantasy Grounds College is focusing on the DCC ruleset this month if you are interested.

The quick start version is this:
    1. Click the Characters sidebar button and then the green button to create a new PC.
    2. Click the brown button in the bottom right corner of the char sheet followed by the blue button to roll ability scores.
    3. Click the Tables sidebar button and open the lucky roll table (Table 1-2). Roll on the table and drag the result from the chat message to the appropriate field on the Main tab.
    4. Open the occupations table (Table 1-3) and roll. Drag the shortcut (brown circle) from the chat message to the Main tab to add the occupation, and drag the item shortcuts to the Inventory tab.
    5. Click the Classes sidebar button and drag the brown circle for your desired class to the Main tab. Repeat to apply additional levels.

You can adjust the sidebar buttons in the Options window (upper right corner of the desktop) if you don’t see what you need. XP is entered manually - click the class field on the Main tab to access the XP fields.

Hope that clarifies things. For the basics, the 5E ruleset is fairly similar and can be a good resource if you are confused about something. When in doubt try double-clicking a field, push some buttons, right click, drag and drop... you can learn a few things that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by OlDie80 View Post
    Please excuse my quite uninformed question: I am new to fantasygrounds - and I don't find a comprehensive tutorial for DCC. Creating and modifying PCs, awarding XP, I really don't get it. Is there a specific tutorial / FAQ for DCC, not a generic one? Thank you!
    OlDie80, I've been teaching some FGU/DCC "classes" through Fantasy Grounds College; but I'm happy to show you the ropes if our schedules match up. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Thank you! Step by step I am getting into FG. Fantasy Ground College sounds great in a unique super nerdy way. I will let you know!

Thanks. I didn't have the sidebars - and without them seems to be impossible to assign classes and steps. Now I am getting closer to a smooth game experience.

Anyone else having trouble with the DCC CT not being able to delete things off of it? I right click on both PCs and NPCs inside the CT and no trashcan. Only close window and create item.

Blog Entries
    I uploaded ruleset update v2021-03-09 with the following changes:

[Fixed] Script error for NPC attacks if no action die is specified.
    [Fixed] Message of the Day button cut off at bottom of Options window.
    [Fixed] Typo for sap-infused orc spear attack in Yddgrrl’s Maze.
    [Fixed] Script error or ‘unable to find casting table result’ message for dragged spellcheck rolls.
    [Fixed] Mounts and related gear items not dropping to inventory from reference library.
    [Updated] AC field moved to Offense/Active subsection in combat tracker.
    [Updated] Edit and add buttons for classes moved to lower right corner of Class & Level dialog box.
    [Updated] NPC type ‘trap’ or ‘hazard’ hides initiative, HP (if set to 0), saving throws, and ability scores when record is locked.
    [Updated] Size auto-populates when occupation is dropped to char sheet; default is medium.
    [Updated] Disapproval range hides in Combat mode when value is less than 1.
    [Updated] Casting table header label changed to ‘RESULTS TABLE’.
    [Updated] XP needed set to 10 when occupation record is dropped to char sheet.
    [Added] Attributes subsection to combat tracker.
    [Added] Ability scores display in Attributes subsection on combat tracker.
    [Added] Race field to char sheet Notes tab and occupation record. Race will auto-populate when occupation record is dropped to char sheet; default is human.
    [Added] Weapon handling button to weapon entries (primary and off hand).
    [Added] 2-Weapon Fighting checkbox to top of weapons list. When selected, the attack die will update for melee attacks based on your agility score and weapon handling.
    [Added] Backstab checkbox to top of weapons list. When selected, the attack bonus and damage dice will update with backstab values.
    [Added] Backstab attacks that hit are treated as critical hits.
    [Added] Thrown weapon type applied to weapon entries for melee weapons with a range value (e.g., dagger or hand axe).
    [Added] Class features with a results table will automatically create a new power entry on the Actions tab with the group name ‘Abilities’.
    [Added] Class feature ‘Sword and Board’ creates shield bash weapon entry on the Actions tab.
    [Added] Class feature ‘Divine Aid’ creates corresponding power entry on the Actions tab.
    [Added] Attack modifiers auto-apply for conditions invisible, behind cover, blinded, kneeling, sitting, and prone. All conditions in table 4-1 now auto-apply attack modifiers.
    [Added] Untrained button in modifier list applies -1d attack roll adjustment for an untrained weapon.
    [Added] Condition ‘Behind cover’ to effects list (same as modifier button Cover).
    [Added] Senses field to char sheet Main tab.
    [Removed] Defense subsection from combat tracker.

If you have any questions or feedback about anything, let me know.
    Last edited by leozelig; March 10th, 2021 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I uploaded ruleset update v2021-03-09 with the following changes:

[Fixed] Script error for NPC attacks if no action die is specified.
    [Fixed] Message of the Day button cut off at bottom of Options window.
    [Fixed] Typo for sap-infused orc spear attack in Yddgrrl’s Maze.
    [Fixed] Script error or ‘unable to find casting table result’ message for dragged spellcheck rolls.
    [Fixed] Mounts and related gear items not dropping to inventory from reference library.
    [Updated] AC field moved to Offense/Active subsection in combat tracker.
    [Updated] Edit and add buttons for classes moved to lower right corner of Class & Level dialog box.
    [Updated] NPC type ‘trap’ or ‘hazard’ hides initiative, HP (if set to 0), saving throws, and ability scores when record is locked.
    [Updated] Size auto-populates when occupation is dropped to char sheet; default is medium.
    [Updated] Disapproval range hides in Combat mode when value is less than 1.
    [Updated] Casting table header label changed to ‘RESULTS TABLE’.
    [Updated] XP needed set to 10 when occupation record is dropped to char sheet.
    [Added] Attributes subsection to combat tracker.
    [Added] Ability scores and saving throws display in Attributes subsection on combat tracker.
    [Added] Race field to char sheet Notes tab and occupation record. Race will auto-populate when occupation record is dropped to char sheet; default is human.
    [Added] Weapon handling button to weapon entries (primary and off hand).
    [Added] 2-Weapon Fighting checkbox to top of weapons list. When selected, the attack die will update for melee attacks based on your agility score and weapon handling.
    [Added] Backstab checkbox to top of weapons list. When selected, the attack bonus and damage dice will update with backstab values.
    [Added] Backstab attacks that hit are treated as critical hits.
    [Added] Thrown weapon type applied to weapon entries for melee weapons with a range value (e.g., dagger or hand axe).
    [Added] Class features with a results table will automatically create a new power entry on the Actions tab with the group name ‘Abilities’.
    [Added] Class feature ‘Sword and Board’ creates shield bash weapon entry on the Actions tab.
    [Added] Class feature ‘Divine Aid’ creates corresponding power entry on the Actions tab.
    [Added] Attack modifiers auto-apply for conditions invisible, behind cover, blinded, kneeling, sitting, and prone. All conditions in table 4-1 now auto-apply attack modifiers.
    [Added] Untrained button in modifier list applies -1d attack roll adjustment for an untrained weapon.
    [Added] Condition ‘Behind cover’ to effects list (same as modifier button Cover).
    [Added] Senses field to char sheet Main tab.
    [Removed] Defense subsection from combat tracker.

If you have any questions or feedback about anything, let me know.
    I’ll have to get back to you with the exact script errors I’m getting also. I’m not in front of my PC at the moment. I know it referred to “defense” when I tried to add PC’s to the tracker. I’ll try and grab screenshots. My FGU is up to date.

Thread Information