STAR TREK 2d20
Page 79 of 109 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    With yesterday's update auto Disapproval is not working at all. The range does not increase with failure on spells, turning, lay on hands, or divine aid. The auto-roll disapproval does not work with the default or custom tables. Verified toggle switch is on in options.
    Huh, I will take a look at it. It was definitely working for me, but I will check it out.

EDIT: My fault, I uploaded a fix for next Tuesday. Thanks for the report!
    Last edited by leozelig; January 12th, 2022 at 18:33.

Noted a few typos.
    On the Crit Table M: Monsters; the 9 result does not have it's +1d8 damage bracketed so it doesn't auto roll the damage for that result.
    On Crit Table DR: Dragons numbers 23 and 26, but these may be this way due to needing multiple rolls (23) and Ongoing DMG (26).
    On Crit Table G: Giants number 8 is missing brackets.
    On Crit Table U: Undead number 16 is missing brackets on the 2d6.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Tab! That’s exactly what I’m working on for the next update. I’m also going to add some spell-related items and NPCs - divine symbols, the wood wyrding serpents and serpent-staff, portal guardians, etc.

EDIT: You were correct about Crit Table DR. In result 23, the damage is 1d14 for each of the 1d3+1 limbs lost, and in result 26, you roll 3d8 damage each round. Good catches on the other ones
    Last edited by leozelig; January 14th, 2022 at 12:28.

Blog Entries
    For the next update, I'm working on improving patron features on the char sheet, specifically being able to track patron taint. I am also reviewing actions parsing for core rules spells to make them more readable. I've noticed this is very difficult for new or occasional users of Fantasy Grounds, and DCC spell results can be incredibly chaotic with tons of different effects depending on the roll result. I'm going to group save, damage, heal, and effect actions instead of listing everything in order of appearance in the results table. For effects, I will stick to the order of appearance thing in most cases, but some spells like blessing and cause earthquake definitely benefit from additional grouping for effect actions. Here's a simple example for paralysis, which has the "charged" effects separated from the actual paralysis effects. I think it's easier to sort through the durations this way and find what you need. I suspect this will still be challenging for inexperienced FG users, but hopefully it's an improvement.

paralysis actions.jpg

Blog Entries
    The next update is ready to go. I will post a list when it's submitted. I reviewed the core rules reference manual and updated some of the formatting, including the table frames, in hopes of replicating the actual core rulebook a little better. That's an impossible goal with all of the margin art, but I did add some of the smaller pieces of art in places. Here's a screenshot of the new table frame:

new refmanual frames.jpg

Blog Entries
    Update 2022-01-28 (release 18) submitted:

[Fixed] Disapproval range on Actions tab not hidden in ‘Combat’ mode if value is 0.
    [Fixed] Serpent-man language parsing into two languages (Serpent and Man) on level advancement.
    [Updated] Reorganized database for improved compatibility with MCC RPG.
    [Updated] Level advancement considers Int score when adjusting known spells for wizards (including bonus spells at level 1) and max spell level for clerics and wizards.
    [Updated] Disapproval automatically increases by 10 for divine aid spell checks.
    [Updated] Spell actions data reorganized for core rules spells. Note: Players must reparse existing spells to apply (not required).
    [Updated] Formatting improved for core rules reference manual.
    [Added] Patron list to Notes tab (split from Deity section). Players may adjust patron taint chance under details dialog box for each patron and add patron taint to designated list sorted by roll result.
    [Added] Damage triggers concentration check (DC 11 Will save) when ‘(C)’ is appended to effect description (similar to 5E).
    [Added] Starting gold tables for each class.
    [Added] Several art assets to core rules reference manual.

This usually hits the Test channel the following Tuesday (Feb 1-2022) and the Live channel the following week (Feb 8-2022) if no issues.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 28th, 2022 at 16:30.

Blog Entries
    And finally, here is a look at the patron list and patron taint checks in action. The actual check does not generate a dice roll animation to avoid too much chaos in the chat window. Spell checks generate enough notifications already!

Attachment 51210
    Attachment 51211

SCRATCH ALL THIS! I think the errors are due to the fact that I was using the DCC Urban Adventures extension.

The Update went to Live. I'm getting errors on weapons, button rolls don't work. Log reads: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (attack) in control (attack) in class (charsheet_main); [WARNING] template: Could not find template (number_chartotalabilityscore) in class (charsheet_main); and [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_weapon.lua"]:323: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value. For every character.

There are no attack or damage bonuses in the fields on the Actions Tab. Weapon database error.PNG
    Though the damage roll works; the display field is empty.
    The attack roll field is 0 and it throws the above script error when you use it.
    Spells work properly.

I tried replacing a character on the combat tracker and replacing specific weapons on the character sheet. Neither solved the problem.
    I created a brand new character and it displays and works properly. So this only effects existing characters.

I also get the following error when opening the Metadata window for Magic: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (spellcheck.armor) in control (spellarmor) in class (char_magicmeta_main)

Another error with Mercurial Magic display from character sheet. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:438: attempt to index global 'sMercurialMessage' (a nil value)
    Last edited by Tabarkus; February 2nd, 2022 at 03:26.

Ok, now for the errors without any extensions

Clerics: the divine abilities Divine Aid, Lay on Hands, and Turn Unholy; when a successful roll is made using one of these abilities the chatbox display is the results from one of the cleric's spells not the proper ability output.

In fact all spells and abilities that require a "cast" roll are cross-referencing another spell or ability, for all classes. Even Custom abilities. I tried reparsing the spell/ability and that didn't help.

The error with Mercurial Magic display from character sheet persists. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:438: attempt to index global 'sMercurialMessage' (a nil value). And the spell results do not display to the chatbox. When the Mercurial Magic ouput field is empty the spell output displays properly.

I also still get the following error when opening the Metadata window for Magic: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (spellcheck.armor) in control (spellarmor) in class (char_magicmeta_main)

The Crit die field is only registering as a d4 on Crit Table I regardless of what table and die are placed in the field. Hovering over the field may read "d14" but it rolls a d4. I tried replacing the die and it didn't help. [The Fumble die and Mighty Deed of Arms die work properly.]
    Last edited by Tabarkus; February 2nd, 2022 at 04:34.

I can confirm that I'm getting the same thing. We didn't test all spell "cast" rolls after the first two (just did it manually), but he cleric was casting Detect Evil whether he was using Lay on Hands or Turn Undead.

Thread Information