DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 109 First ... 3240414243445292 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Update 1.9 submitted for your approval...

[Updated] Chat message displays casting table results for failed spell checks
    [Added] CRIT effect for improved critical threat range, same as 5E ruleset (i.e. ‘CRIT: 18’ applies improved critical threat range 18-20)
    [Updated] NPC improved critical threat range parses from NPC special properties "crit on #-#" if not specified in attack line
    [Fixed] NPC attack die not parsing from ‘Action Dice’ field if not specified in attack line
    [Fixed] Class field not displaying on minisheet
    [Updated] Mercurial Magic label in spell record shortened to Merc. Magic
    [Added] Options created to display manifestation and mercurial magic effect in chat on successful spell check
    [Added] Char sheet fields for custom crit and fumble tables in Weapon Meta dialog box - name must match the table name exactly (case-sensitive) for auto-roll option
    [Updated] NPC Crit Table/Die field will accept custom crit table name - must match table name exactly (case-sensitive) for auto-roll option
    [Added] NPC Fumble field to specify custom fumble table and die, format <table name>/<fumble die>
    [Updated] NPC fumble roll button moved from AC to Fumble field
    [Updated] NPC crit and fumble roll buttons hide if associated fields are empty
    [Updated] If NPC Fumble field is empty, fumble die parses from AC parenthetical text or defaults to d4 and rolls on the standard fumbles table
    [Updated] Spell preparation icons on char sheet Actions tab changed from checkbox for improved visibility
    [Updated] Chat message for casting table result separated from spell check roll with unique font color
    [Added] NPC record for Animated Rope (from Ropework spell)
    [Updated] Character minisheet button moved to upper right corner
    [Added] New art from 8th printing to reference manual and image library (old art remains in the image library)
    [Updated] Option ‘Attack: Auto crit/fumble roll’ moved to Combat category, and option ‘Chat: Show casting table result’ moved to Game category in Options menu

(Expected availability on Test channel Tue Dec 8)

Blog Entries
    In case you don't already know, there is a hidden message spread among the art in the core rules. I believe the message was updated for the latest printing and is contained in the new art assets, which are labeled in the image library as 8th Printing. It requires some decoding, which is most of the fun.

Cool stuff! Thanks again for all the work. One question: is there a way or could there be a way to make mass NPC saving throw rolls for NPCs that are on the combat tracker? My players were facing 20+ beastmen the other night and an Invoke Patron spell covered the whole lot of them. I ended up just rolling 20d20s but if it were automated it would be much easier to assign effects after the fact.

Blog Entries
    I believe if the player targets them all, and then clicks the save button for the spell, it will roll saves for all the targets. If the “remove on miss” option is enabled, it should un-target any NPCs that make the save.

You're absolutely correct. I can't believe I didn't realize that mechanism works the same as the 5e ruleset. Now I feel dumb; delighted but dumb. And it adjusts the DC to the spellcheck rolled; awesome!

Blog Entries
    It’s probably a commonly overlooked feature. If a player targets before the spell check, it will auto-roll saves if the check is successful. Useful as long as the spell doesn’t have different saves based on the roll result...

The base spell check detail has fields for last and best rolls. The last roll field is where the save DC comes from. Best is just for fun.

Blog Entries
    Working on the next update.

I am adding fields for melee/missile attack and damage modifiers to allow an easier way of entering those lucky roll modifiers. You can find this in the Weapon Meta dialog box linked in the Attacks header on the Actions tab...

attack and damage mods.jpg

Blog Entries
    Also planning to clean up the skills list. The blank field will look similar to the spell check roll summary, but it's blank in the screenshot for now. I am going to add a class bonus field separate from the miscellaneous bonus for clarity. If you prefer the current skills list, let me know. I want a more streamlined look personally.

skills list.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    In case you don't already know, there is a hidden message spread among the art in the core rules. I believe the message was updated for the latest printing and is contained in the new art assets, which are labeled in the image library as 8th Printing. It requires some decoding, which is most of the fun.
    Just loaded up the latest DCC ruleset and was paging through the Reference Manual and got "Database Error: Invalid file xxx" messages throughout the book. I think they are on the new assests... we don't appear to have come through.

NOTE: Spoiler to hidden message maybe?

These are the images that did not come through on my update.

on the Credits page
    images/credits8.jpg
    on the Languages page
    images/languages8.jpg
    on the Equipment page
    images/aftermath8.jpg
    on the Critical Hits page
    images/criticalhits8.jpg on the Critical Hits page
    images/crittablei.jpg
    images/crittableiii.jpg
    images/crittableiv.jpg
    images/crittablev.jpg
    on the Spellburn page
    images/spellburn8.jpg
    on Bobugbubilz page
    images/bobugbubilzspells8.jpg
    on Obitu-Que page
    images/obitu-que8.jpg
    on A Sense of Scale page
    images/senseofscale8.jpg

Just thought I would let you know.
    Kirklandone
    Last edited by kirklandone; December 8th, 2020 at 20:52.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Just loaded up the latest DCC ruleset and was paging through the Reference Manual and got "Database Error: Invalid file (images/credits8.jpg)" on Credits page.

Just thought I would let you know.
    Kirklandone
    Thanks, K-1! I will fix that. Leaving the art from the 7th printing in the library made things a little more complicated. I will take another look to see if I missed anything else. Here is a list of updated images if anyone is interested:

INTRO
    Credits

CH. 1
    Languages p. 20

CH. 3
    Equipment p. 70
    Ammunition and Armor Tables p. 72

CH. 4
    Critical hits p. 81

CH. 5
    Spellburn p. 108
    Binding p. 270