FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 109 First ... 6789101858108 ... Last
    I discovered a bug with "Halfling dyer" occupation. I received the following error when trying to place it into the Occupation field on a character sheet: "Unable to find record to match link dropped. Check to make sure the correct modules are open."

Blog Entries
    Try again after updating, and let me know if it still isn't working for you.

Question concerning the display of table roll results when rolled by players. When a player rolls on a table, including but not limited to a Crit table, or the results of casting a spell, these results do not display in the DM's chatbox. Is it possible to make these display for the DM? I've tried every combination of existing settings in options but there doesn't seem to be a setting to make this happen.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; December 1st, 2019 at 16:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabarkus View Post
    Question concerning the display of table roll results when rolled by players. When a player rolls on a table, including but not limited to a Crit table, or the results of casting a spell, these results do not display in the DM's chatbox. Is it possible to make these display for the DM? I've tried every combination of existing settings in options but there doesn't seem to be a setting to make this happen.
    Just to clarify, you are referring to rolls made from the character sheet that display the table result in a chat message, correct? I set it up to only display for the player because some of the entries are quite long, but I will take a look at it for the next update.

As a workaround until then, you can drag-and-drop a chat message back onto the chat window, and it will display for everyone. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but close.
    Last edited by leozelig; December 2nd, 2019 at 23:03.

Yeah, personally I'd prefer it to display to the GM as well as the player though not every GM might want that. Is it possible to toggle it via the Options? The times I see myself using it as a GM is for those players who are uncomfortable reading or have language barriers, makes it easier for me to narrate but I guess it's just as easy for player to drag and drop to chat when/if needed.

Blog Entries
    I have no DCC experience to speak of, but as someone who GMs more often than not, it seems strange that a player would be able to generate a random result that the GM wouldn't see without player assistance. The opposite case, where the player generates a result that they can't see unless the GM permits it is far more common I would have thought. It's an interesting conceptual discussion.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    It’s specific to the DCC ruleset. Normally, you would roll a “crit die” if your attack results in a critical hit, then reference a crit table to determine the effect. DCC loves its tables... I created a data file that auto-references the crit result, but only displays the chat message on the player side. The regular FG rollable tables are available as an alternative, but each player needs to set up the crit die + ability modifier and then roll manually after each crit. This result will display for the GM in the chat window. The advantages of rolling the crit die from the char sheet are the option to auto-roll on a critical hit and the adding of any effect modifiers for luck from the combat tracker (probably rare).

I will change this to show for the GM, which appears to be more in line with other ruleset conventions...

Blog Entries
    So, here is what it looks like with the change. I will submit this ahead of the next update since it's such a minor change. It's a little late to go through today, so expect to see this with next Tuesday's update.

crit result display.png

Cool, thanks Leo!

Leozelig,
    Is there a way to "automate" Lay On Hands? To either create it as a spell or table such that you roll the Spell Check (modified appropriately to the character casting it 1d20 + PER + CL) then have "effects" that correlate to the 1 Dice, 2 Dice, 3 Dice etc. It sounds challenging as you have to know the Caster Alignment, Recipient's Alignment and Recipient's HD.

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Thread Information