STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game Ruleset - Bug reports, feedback, etc..

This thread is dedicated to bug reports, feedback, help, and suggestions for the official DCC RPG ruleset.

I will post here with any updates to the ruleset or core rules modules, including the adventures The Portal Under the Stars, The Abbot of the Woods, and Yddgrrl's Maze.

A user guide for the DCC RPG ruleset is available for download here.

Tutorial videos are available on YouTube.

Github DCC Wiki here.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 13th, 2024 at 13:36.

Sorry if I'm just missing it, and I think there's only one update so far, but is there a changelog?

I really like the ruleset so far. Thanks!
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

"Why do squares have more sides than triangles?"

Blog Entries
    Not yet. I will post future updates in this thread.

Blog Entries
    I submitted updates for April 30, 2019:

• [Fixed] Top half of Main tab 'Edit' and 'Roll Ability Scores' buttons not clickable.
    • [Fixed] NPC size category not applied to map token.
    • [Added] Yddgrrl's Maze adventure from the 7th printing.

Blog Entries
    I am working on spell actions for the next update. So far, every effect duration is random (e.g. 1d4+1 rounds) and the duration often increases for the same effect with higher spell check rolls. My plan is to avoid duplication of effects when only the duration has changed and to leave the duration set to 0. The duration will need to be entered in the combat tracker after applying the effect to the target. If multiple creatures are targeted, the player can edit the duration on the character sheet and then click the button to apply the effect. Feel free to offer suggestions if you know a more efficient way to handle this.

In the Reference Manual, under Might Deeds of Arms (under Combat) in the section beginning "Performing a Deed" point #2 is an incomplete paragraph. Reference the DCC corebook, p. 88 (4th printing).

Blog Entries
    Thanks ProfDogg, I will add that to the Tuesday update.

Blog Entries
    I have a list of future updates that I will be working on in case anyone is wondering...

• Improved parsing for spell actions. I have run through all the spells and just need to check them. You can expect something in the next update or two.
    • Chat messaging for spell check results. You will no longer need to manually reference a table. This will take a little time due to the volume of data.
    • Dialog window for tracking ability score loss on the character sheet. You will be able to track temporary and permanent (which isn't always permanent) ability score damage, as well as spellburn and luck (for thieves and halflings). The appropriate spellburn and luck fields would update with an overnight rest, ideally.
    • Extension with additional desktop decals. I have a folder with 6-8 images that would work well as a decal, including the Peter Mullen alternate cover.
    • NPC types and subtypes. Although the core rules do not officially specify these, this allows for use of IF and IFT conditional effects in the combat tracker and easy sorting of NPC lists for spells like animal summoning.
    • Entries for spell-related NPCs and items (e.g. golems, the Blade of Atropos). These typically only apply to higher-level games, which are uncommon in DCC, making this lower priority but still on the list.

These are somewhat in order of priority, but I might bump up a simpler feature if something requires more time. Ability score loss might take some time, for example.
    Last edited by leozelig; May 1st, 2019 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post

• NPC types and subtypes. Although the core rules do not officially specify these, this allows for use of IF and IFT conditional effects in the combat tracker and easy sorting of NPC lists for spells like animal summoning

There are the categories used for the monster critical tables in chapter 9 (starting with table 9-10); humanoids, dragons, demons, giants, un-dead, and other. But, like with a lot in DCC, I believe the intention is these are just a few major categories to get things started, and the player/judges are encouraged to further create their own tables and categories.
    Join my DCC RPG Road Crew via Fantasy Grounds! info @ https://www.indygaming.com/roadcrew/

"Why do squares have more sides than triangles?"

Blog Entries
    I agree with your comment, TheSwartz. My plan right now is to assign the type 'animal' to a bat or a wolf, which is probably the biggest extrapolation I will make. Elementals, demons, and giants are lumped together in the monster section, so I think those are appropriate for a type as well. Un-dead NPCs can be identified as having 'un-dead traits' in their special properties. I don't know if I will go beyond that really.

There is quite a lot of ambiguity in the core rules, which presents some challenges. Damage types for spells are very inconsistent. A lightning effect might be described as dealing 'lightning' damage or 'electricity' damage, for example. I assume these are intended to be the same thing. In these cases, I have referenced the 3.5E rules for clarification, which uses electricity and not lightning as a damage type. To make things more interesting, Harley Stroh has been known to refer to damage types for weapons in his adventures, which is a thing in 3.5E but not officially in DCC.

Thread Information