FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 31 of 109 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    The features you are adding are awesome, thank you for the hard work. You are really opening this up to allow DCC 3rd party integration with the custom classes and such.

Totally, thank you for putting in this much work, this is amazing!

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys! It is a lot of work, but I think a lot of DCC fans are going to enjoy the class customization. I have been adding all of the new data fields to the core rules modules for the past couple days, and I'm feeling a little cross-eyed at this point. I just need to do some more testing on my end, and I can probably have this in the test channel by the next update on Tuesday, August 11. Typically, things go live the Tuesday after that, barring any major issues.

Here is a screenshot of what you can expect to see in the classes and skills lists after the update. Blame the thief class for the explosion of skills. As you can see, the description in parentheses is removed when the skills are dropped to the class record. Same for dropping classes to the character sheet. Might be a nice feature for dropping NPCs to the combat tracker so judges can append notes to NPC names...

new class and skill records.jpg

Appending notes to NPC names sounds great! Also, whats good about all this customization, is when players wish to use the "Thief, My Way" rules from Crawl #6. We can just make their version from whichever is the correct progression chosen.

Blog Entries
    There are some great 3rd party classes out there. This has been on my "to do" list for a long time, so I'm glad to finally be getting to it.

Just throwing this out for feedback... Here are the dice chain modifiers I am adding for combat tracker effects:

DIEATK = attack rolls
    DIESPELL = spell checks
    DIECHK = ability checks
    DIESAV = saving throws
    DIESKILL = skill checks

I tried to limit them to 6 letters, but SPL and SKL seemed a little awkward. If the effect reads, 'DIEATK: 2', then you will roll a d30 instead of a d20, which is the same as the desktop button '+2d' but stays active as long as the effect exists. Also, in theory, you can have 'DIESKILL: -4' if you're horribly cursed or something, rolling a d10 instead of a d20, which is not possible with the desktop buttons...

Last thing... I decided to trim text in parentheses for classes, NPCs, and skills when dropped to the relevant windows.

Blog Entries
    I finished testing the changes on my end and will upload it tomorrow. I ran into a few more wrinkles than I thought I would, but everything seems to be working now. I might have missed the deadline for getting this out on Tue Aug 11. If so, the update will be waiting for you in the Test channel the following Tue Aug 18. Whatever the case, it will go Live the Tue after that if all goes well.

Here is the final list of updates for v1.1.4 (release 6)...

[Added] CT effects to modify the dice chain: DIEATK (attack rolls), DIESPELL (spell checks), DIECHK (ability checks), DIESAV (saving throws), and DIESKILL (skill checks).
    [Added] Level advancement table to Other tab in class record, and moved previous Other tab content to Abilities tab.
    [Added] Skills list to class record to replace skill proficiencies.
    [Removed] Skill proficiencies field from occupation records.
    [Updated] Hovering over a dicefield displays the dice value as tooltip text.
    [Updated] Class drops to char sheet apply data from level advancement table.
    [Updated] Drops for classes, NPCs, and skills will now remove text in parenthesis from name (which may be used for supplemental info).
    [Added] Heightened senses to features list for elf occupations and classes.
    [Updated] Class records in core rules modules with new advancement tables and skills lists.
    [Updated] Giant Ant NPC names to Giant Ant Worker, Giant Ant Soldier, and Giant Ant Queen (i.e. removed parenthesis from each).
    [Updated] Character codes 128-159 with Unity-compatible symbols.
    [Fixed] Incorrect attack bonuses in 'Table 1-16: Elf'.

Last edited by leozelig; August 9th, 2020 at 14:11.

I purchased the ruleset long ago, and am just getting around to using it. Recognizing the spells are VERY complex, I'm wondering if they have been neglected or if my particular install is corrupt or something. When I load the spell Choking Cloud, it seems to only have the random durations for the "SELF" entries....shouldn't it also roll the duration when it targets an enemy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phloog View Post
    I purchased the ruleset long ago, and am just getting around to using it. Recognizing the spells are VERY complex, I'm wondering if they have been neglected or if my particular install is corrupt or something. When I load the spell Choking Cloud, it seems to only have the random durations for the "SELF" entries....shouldn't it also roll the duration when it targets an enemy?
    Hi phloog,

Thanks for the comments. Based on my interpretation of how the spell works, targets can enter and leave the cloud at various times, and the effect ends instantly when they leave the cloud. The overall duration is determined when the spell is cast, hence the duration-tracking effect is applied to [SELF]. This concept applies to any sustained area of effect spell.

Specifically for choking cloud, you have the following effect for a roll of 12-17 that is applied whenever a creature is in the cloud: 'Choking Cloud; ATK: -1; DMG: -1; SKILL: -1 SAVE: -1'. You would then delete this effect when the creature leaves the cloud. The tracking effect that is applied to the caster (i.e. self) just notes the spell name and has a duration of 1d4 for spell check result 12-13, 1d4+2 for 14-17, etc. When the tracking effect expires, the cloud dissipates.

Hope that clarifies things. If you guys feel I have misinterpreted how these work, let me know. I spent a ton of time going through each spell check result (i.e. hundreds of them) to create the effect actions, and I can acknowledge that this gets very complicated at times. Goodman Games does not follow a standardized format for spell effects nearly as much as D&D 5E does, so it's difficult sometimes to interpret what exactly is going on when a spell is cast.

Happy gaming!
    Leo
    Last edited by leozelig; August 9th, 2020 at 13:57.

Okay, that makes sense...coming from 5E so that long entry in the Actions was daunting...so you'd click on the SELF to set the duration and assign it to the caster, and then manage the actual effect as folks bop in and out of the cloud. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Agreed... the effect actions for spells are messy. Too much going on in those casting tables!

Thread Information