STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Starship Stuff

Samarex - I would agree from my groups perspectives, that the frustration is most things that can be automated for ship combat appear to be there but they do nothing. I think the ideas you posted above sound awesome and more efficient and understandable for players as well. thnx for taking this on.

I am semi-retired, have time to kill, so let me know if I can assist you in anyway in your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter4Ever View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but yeah, when I say Sue as a character, I also mean as a seperate login :-) If roleplaying games didn't cause me to have enough personalities as it is, now I'm having to run 3 personalities just to work on this ruleset.
    As a note, you can open a second instance of FG and join your game so you can do testing.
    I do this alot as stuff works diffwrent between Host and Client. Sometimes things in my Character sheet work perfect in Host but have problwms when connected as Client.
    So make sure you test both ways.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter4Ever View Post
    Okies, slowly getting my head round how the system works. I probably should of been in bed an hour ago but anyway.

It's crude and not very pretty but I have the incremental HP sorted. I say it's crube because I've not cracked open the Starship frames in items and added a stat for incremental HP.

I think ultimately they'll have to be broken away from the Pre-generated Starships, because they don't need an incremental value.

Anyway, I've done it based on base HP and broke them into groups, and set an incremental HP value.
    Then for the teir saved that against the ship, and read that out when calculating HP, and a bunch of IF statements, if it's above 3 then increment = increment + 1, if above 7 then increment = increment + 1... and so on, then add baseHP to incremental HP * increments.

You still need to re-apply the frame of the ship, any time you change the tier.

I've also done some work on the teir entry for less that tier 1.
    Previously 0.25 would throw an error as it wasn't in <.25 or >.25.
    Previously 0.33 would throw an error as it wasn't in < .33 and > .33
    And anything above 20 would throw an error, I've now capped it to 20, if you enter 33 by mistake it will just give you the BP for tier 20.
    All I need to do now, is work out how to get it stop erroring when you enter any decimal number above 1. Anyone know LUA for the doing a modulus divide?

And finally for the observant amongst you, you've probably noticed that I mistype tier and teir all the time which throws SO many errors when I first try to run the game.

Still it's "progress", I appreciate this isn't exactly leaps and bounds, but it's
    For Dividing.
    local nLight = math.floor( nStrength / 2); For rounding down
    local nLight = math.ceil( nStrength / 2); For Rounding up
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information