STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last
    Update: The damage type "ghost touch" now also works for NPCs So it should now work in both, 3.5e and Pathfinder

Oh, wait just testing it in pathfinder. Now there it is totally broken (But I know why; I am soon changing that Sorry, I do not play Pathfinder and so I have to make that a bit differently there than in 3.5e)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 1st, 2019 at 01:05.

Sooo, now it should hopefully work with Pathfinder, too. Sorry, for the spam. I had to split both effects: Advanced 3.5e is for the ghost touch in 3.5e (with fortification etc.) and Advanced Pathfinder for the one in pathfinder. The problem was that data_common is different in 3.5e and Pathfinder. By splitting the extensions it now works. I.e., Pathfinder: use the damage type ghost touch. 3.5e: Use the effect ghost touch (works on PCs and NPCs)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 1st, 2019 at 00:19.

Request to a moderator reading that: Could the title of this thread maybe be changed to "Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder effects"? Since there is now also ghost touch, the title is not really accurate anymore To avoid similar conflicts with possible future additions this name might be better Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Request to a moderator reading that: Could the title of this thread maybe be changed to "Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder effects"? Since there is now also ghost touch, the title is not really accurate anymore To avoid similar conflicts with possible future additions this name might be better Thanks in advance
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Done.
    Thank you very much

Just confirmed that the Pathfinder version of the ghost touch effect seems to be working right, both for armor and weapons. For the ghost touch armor, just make an entry in the effects for the character of AC: x armor, ghost touch where x is the amount of armor that has the ghost touch enchantment on it.

Thanks for the modifications.
    Last edited by rickyhunt; May 4th, 2019 at 02:56.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Just confirmed that the Pathfinder version of the ghost touch effect seems to be working right, both for armor and weapons. For the ghost touch armor, just make an entry in the effects for the character of AC: x armor, ghost touch where x is the amount of armor that has the ghost touch enchantment on it.

You're very welcome Please keep me informed if there are any problems, especially since I do not play Pathfinder, so, it might happen that I misunderstood something in the Pathfinder rules (I didn't know that ghost touch works different than 3.5e)

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post

Just to make it clear: I only changed the attack (3.5e) or damage (Pathfinder) code when there is ghost touch When you want to have an armor effect against ghost touch, then rather make an effect like

IFT: CUSTOM (Incorporeal); AC: 4

(e.g. additionally for mage armor)

Then this should be applied only against incorporeal attacks (or rather 'AC: 4, melee' than 'AC: 4'? maybe also with some bonustype). Your effect would be an armor effect which is always applied as an armor effect because my extension does not have an ghost touch armor bonus

I rewrote my extensions in such a way that there would be an armor bonus named "ghost" which would be only applied against incorporeal attacks (because I didn't think about the IFT trick). But I didn't upload it because it affects the attack manager file for Pathfinder and so these extensions would be incompatible e.g. with the keen extension of darrenan, such that I would have to make more compatible versions But due to the IFT possibility, I think it is better to not upload the extension version with ghost armor

EDIT: But, if you want, I can upload the extension added with the 'ghost' bonus types for AC effects (especially when there are situations where the IFT method would not work)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 4th, 2019 at 15:18.

Nice

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information