DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 16 First ... 41213141516 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Someone else wants to know also:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post545725

I suggested an approach but it might be incomplete.
    i tried and tested that but did not seem to work... what i also noticed was that exact code you suggested... when i dropped a spell damage, it halved the half damage (basically 1/4 damage) on incorporeal creature. i noticed it but did not do further tests to confirm.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

@kelrugem, i know if i master this ext, it'll be master of the universe! but at this point in my progress, i'll settle for jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none :-P

i was trying to figure out how to set things up for a pathfinder 1 spell: ghostbane dirge.

i want to:
    1. keep "incorporeal" on the creature (a constant)
    2. create custom-if type to use "ghost touch" (full damage except non-magic weapons / spells)
    3. use "hresist" for non-magic weapons / non-spells damage

would this logic / these rules work... is it the most effective? i could do 1) and 2) but can't seem to get 3) right (because i might not understand how that actually works).

how would you do it?

thx
    I think via effects this is not possible Weapon actions have no tags (at the moment), so, one could also not use (N)IFTAG or something like this. Do what you do for the first two things (like giving DMGTYPE: ghost touch as effect with the correct duration, with some custom-if to assure that it only works against that one target (or use the effect-target)). Then, whenever you attack that creature with with a non-magical attack, press the "Half" button in the modifiers window before rolling the damage That's the easiest solution I see at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    i tried and tested that but did not seem to work... what i also noticed was that exact code you suggested... when i dropped a spell damage, it halved the half damage (basically 1/4 damage) on incorporeal creature. i noticed it but did not do further tests to confirm.
    it would require the spells to all have spell entered as a tag

ah, sorry, I didn't see all your other comments

About IFTAG: Yeah, weapon actions have no tags, so, they would be excluded in that approach and HRESIST can not be combined with (N)IFTAG at the moment, so, that would not work sadly (HRESIST will be then always applied, I think, even for spells as you noticed); the attack and damage scripts are not combined with the tags at the moment. I want to do that at some point, but I will not be able to do any coding this year anymore sadly :/

(By the way: To assure that spells have also the damage type ghost touch, you also need DMGSTYPE: ghost touch then you can also apply my approach with the "HALF button" from above. Spells should then correctly do full damage.)

By the way, too: Adding [HALF] into an action's or weapon's name would also lead to half damage, but that would be very tedious approach to code extra buttons for that
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 29th, 2020 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ah, sorry, I didn't see all your other comments

About IFTAG: Yeah, weapon actions have no tags, so, they would be excluded in that approach and HRESIST can not be combined with (N)IFTAG at the moment, so, that would not work sadly (HRESIST will be then always applied, I think, even for spells as you noticed); the attack and damage scripts are not combined with the tags at the moment. I want to do that at some point, but I will not be able to do any coding this year anymore sadly :/

(By the way: To assure that spells have also the damage type ghost touch, you also need DMGSTYPE: ghost touch then you can also apply my approach with the "HALF button" from above. Spells should then correctly do full damage.)

By the way, too: Adding [HALF] into an action's or weapon's name would also lead to half damage, but that would be very tedious approach to code extra buttons for that
    This damage type effect has an extra S by the way, there are two damage type effects, one for spells and one for non-spells

Updated to FGU and 3.3.12. This extension is now only part of the full overlay packages, together with all the other things Please download one of the overlay packages and think about turning on that extension (there are now options to turn off overlays if you do not need it)

(I am just about uploading all these new things, so, when you read this right after I posted it, then please wait a bit )

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ea-from-Ken-L)
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...njury-packages (for strainInjury)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 6th, 2020 at 02:20.

(This is with the pre-February update)
    Can someone (anybody BUT Kelrugem, since he's supposed to be working on his thesis )confirm if this is possible: IF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 70 critical;
    I'm trying to have an effect in CT that will apply a 70% Fortification against bludgeoning critical.
    I'm not sure if the syntax is wrong or if it isn't possible. Right now, it is applying the Fortification against all crits. In the attached image, you'll see teh weapon only has the slashing damage type, which is showing in the Fortification chance chat message.

FORTIF.png

For the ultimate, super-bonus, double win... I'm trying to do something like this:

IF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 70 critical;
    NIF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 15 critical;

For the end goal of 70% Fortification against bludgeoning, and only 15% against all else. Do you think that would be possible? We're trying to use Armor as Damage Reduction alternate rules and this would make it a piece of cake. Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    (This is with the pre-February update)
    Can someone (anybody BUT Kelrugem, since he's supposed to be working on his thesis )confirm if this is possible: IF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 70 critical;
    I'm trying to have an effect in CT that will apply a 70% Fortification against bludgeoning critical.
    I'm not sure if the syntax is wrong or if it isn't possible. Right now, it is applying the Fortification against all crits. In the attached image, you'll see teh weapon only has the slashing damage type, which is showing in the Fortification chance chat message.

FORTIF.png

For the ultimate, super-bonus, double win... I'm trying to do something like this:

IF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 70 critical;
    NIF: DMGTYPE: bludgeoning; FORTIF: 15 critical;

For the end goal of 70% Fortification against bludgeoning, and only 15% against all else. Do you think that would be possible? We're trying to use Armor as Damage Reduction alternate rules and this would make it a piece of cake. Thank you in advance for any guidance!
    That is quick to answer, so, I have time to answer :P FORTIF supports different damage types, so, FORTIF: 70 bludgeoning would also work However, it does sadly not support multiple damage types as in FORTIF: 70 bludgeoning, critical, (in the sense of that both types need to be in the weapon such that fortification is applied) I can add that in a future patch (and by my testing I also see that there is a bug with FORTIF in the new patch; the d100 is only rolling the tenth die)

I am trying to automate the bravery fighter ability in PF1E with:
    Code:
    Bravery; IFTAG: fear; SAVE: 1 will
    However this is adding 1 to every will save (whether or not the effect has fear).

Thanks for the quick reply! We'll wait for your future update/patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    (and by my testing I also see that there is a bug with FORTIF in the new patch; the d100 is only rolling the tenth die)
    Regarding the d10, it looks like it is only doing it if there is any other damage type besides critical:

FORTIF: XX critical; This rolls just d100, one time. Perfect.

FORTIF: XX bludgeoning; This rolls twice: the first roll shows [vs. slashing,critical] with a d100, the second roll shows [vs. slashing] with a d10.

I guess the logic is set to automatically check the Fortification against a critical with the weapon type and the then is thinking it must check again against the custom damage type alone. I hope that helps your future troubleshooting.

Thread Information