FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder effects

This is for FG classic! See the link in my signature for FG Unity :)
    Now only part of the full overlay packages :)

StrainInjury: A combined version of that with StrainInjury can be found in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...695#post445695
    Normal version: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ea-from-Ken-L).
    IMPORTANT, too: The keen extension of darrenan is incorporated in that extension, thus, do not use both extensions together to avoid conflicts.

Hello :)

So now I was able to make an extension for fortification, ghost touch and variable concealment :) And inside that extension are also my other extensions: immediate action refresh and half resistance (and some combinations with other extensions, see the text below). Summary:

1. To apply fortification use: 'FORTIF: (N) [damage type]' or 'FORTIF: (N) all' :) (N) is some arbitrary number describing the percentage and damage type is as usual. E.g. when you want light fortification, then your effect is 'FORTIF: 25 critical; FORTIF: 25 precision'. But you can use any other number and any other damage type if you have any house rules for different fortification rules :) When fortification is executed you will see a message in the chat showing you the roll result(s) and if it was a success or failure :) The applied damage is modified accordingly. Any combination of damage types should works as expected when one "naturally extends" the rules.

2. The immediate action toggle box in the combat tracker (under attacks) now refreshes at the end of your turn, not at the beginning (as far as I know this holds for both, 3.5e and Pathfinder). (Actually, this is now natively implemented in FG since v3.3.8)

3. There is also a second effect. 'HRESIST: [damage type]' or 'HRESIST: all'. This effect simply halves the the damage of some damage type :) Also this effect should work for different damage type combinations as expected when one "naturally extends" the standard rules.

If you have several effects like VULN, RESIST etc. of the same damage type, then the order of application is (for 3.5e)

0. IMMUNE
    1. FORTIF
    2. HRESIST
    3. Incorporeal, for Pathfinder
    4. DR
    5. RESIST
    6. VULN

(although it is not important where IMMUNE and FORTIF are in the order, but the order of the other ones make a difference of course). For Pathfinder VULN is applied before HRESIST. This is also some change of my extension, FG has this order

0. IMMUNE
    1. VULN
    2. RESIST
    3. DR
    4. Incorporeal, for Pathfinder

But, as far as I know, resistance etc. has to be applied before vulnerability (for 3.5e) :) If you want a different order then tell me and I can change it :) (I mean the order of change in the damage; the order in the CT is not important) I mean the order has to be in such a way that the damage is minimized according to official answers of WotC

I made it compatible with the Strain and Injury extension of Darrenan; when you also use that extension then only use StrainInjury.ext since my stuff is incorporated into Darrenan's extension, thus no need to load both, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...695#post445695. Thanks, Darrenan :) The strain and injury rules do not really say what happens with fortification when it blocks critical damage, i.e. no information about whether it stays as injury damage or becomes strain damage. The extension is written in such a way that it stays as injury damage.

If you use my other two extensions (the one of HRESIST separately and immediate action refresh; they are incorporated). then you should not use them anymore to avoid conflicts with that extension :)

Best,

Kelrugem

PS: I am normally not a coder, this is basically my first time for FG; so there might be mistakes. Please tell me then :)

PPS: Thanks, Damned, for the help with the chat output :)

EDIT: Thanks to Darrenan, too (he allowed to upload a combinated extension of my extension with his one) :)

UPDATE:
    I have added ghost touch as an effect and damage type :) Simply apply 'ghost touch' as effect (3.5e) or damage type (Pathfinder). When I understand the distinctions between 3.5e and pathfinder correctly, then the effect 'ghost touch' is only needed in 3.5e (then the percentage die will not be rolled) and the damage type seems to be only important for Pathfinder users (to avoid the halving of damage), in 3.5e every ghost touch weapon is also magical and, thus, the damage die would already be applied to wraiths, there is not such a halving. But when one has homebrew rules where non-magical ghost touch weapons are allowed then you can use it :) I.e.:

3.5e: Apply effect (and maybe dmgtype) 'ghost touch' (exactly written like this, not 'Ghost touch' etc.)

PF: Apply dmgtype 'ghost touch' at the weapon damage die (exactly written like this, not 'Ghost touch' etc.). EDIT: See update 4; "IFT: incorporeal; DMGTYPE: force" works now, too. The damage type still gives you the possibility to attach it to a single weapon though. I am thinking about to change it to a weapon property in both rulesets such that it looks more aesthetic.

UPDATE 2:
    There are extensions with the "full package" in their name, these are combinations of Strain and Injury, the advanced effect extensions and the Save versus tags extension (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-versus-tags). If you just want to use the advanced effects and save vs tags then you can install both separately, they should be compatible already. To find these, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...695#post445695. There is also a combined package with the AoO tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tunity-tracker) and with AoO tracker, save versus tags and some overlays (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ea-from-Ken-L)).

UPDATE 3:
    The extension now contains the effect 'VCONC: (N), [range]' for variable concealment. (N) is the percentage number, i.e. VCONC: 20 is like CONC and VCONC: 50 as TCONC. But you can also use any other percentage number :) [range] is the typical range stuff, i.e. melee or ranged or opportunity. I also made sure that only the biggest available value for concealment is used (so VCONC, CONC and TCONC (and Incorporeal in 3.5e, too) do not stack with or overwrite each other, the code takes the highest existing value).

UPDATE 4: (if not already mentioned above)
    There are fixes of problems mentioned in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-reduction-bug. The Summary is in my second post, #3, along with other updates :)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 17th, 2022 at 14:44.

Thanks

UPDATE 4:

• DMGTYPE can now be assigned with a target like other effects as AC. Especially IFT now works with DMGTYPE, too. (Now included in the base code)
    • Keen extension of darrenan incorporated, thanks! See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ical-Extension, this adds keen as an effect. This allows the following:
    • Depending on your "Remove on Miss" choice in the options targets are now also removed on misses due to miss chances like concealment, incorporeal and so on.
    • DR now has the correct stacking rules and reduced damage is applied to the correct DR source effect such that following rolls are treated correctly like criticals
    • VULN: (N) all as effect added; despite the wiki page, vulnerability versus everything was not possible. (Beware: VULN with a positive number always overwrites VULN without a number, that was always the case in FG)
    • VULN now respects all suitable damage dice in one total damage and is not applied just once.
    • There were small little rounding problems in HRESIST, VULN and incorporeal (if pathfinder for the latter). Fixed that to a correct rounding w.r.t. fixed damage types. E.g. vulnerability versus fire gives now a total damage of 3 when the total fire damage is 2 = 1 fire + 1 fire (I mean when there were two different dice for that fire damage which were not collected by FG due to critical damage effects etc.). While VULN vs cold and fire still gives a total damage of 2 for a damage result 2 = 1 fire + 1 cold since then the vulnerabilities are applied separately (I guess this is how one should round the vulnerabilities).

I also made a major rewrite of how damage types are treated. Do not worry, if you use standard rules, nothing changes. The following is just for an easier implementation of homebrew rules and other source books with "that one rule/effect which was never there before". Effects like RESIST already support arbitrary damage types but it doesn't work well for non standard situations. E.g. RESIST: 5 slashing works but it also still applies to daggers although the attacker could use the piercing damage type of the dagger instead. RESIST: 5 piercing and RESIST: 5 slashing also stacked in the standard FG code. And lot other things, see e.g. the mentioned thread above. To handle these my aim was to make the code more universal (and I wanted some challenge of generalizing the code ). So:

• Remember patch 3.3.7:

[PFRPG/3.5E] Immunity effect change: For basic damage type immunity, only applied if immune to all basic damage types; for attribute damage type immunity (critical, precision, lawful, etc.), always applied.
    This now also applies to HRESIST, RESIST and FORTIF.The way how FG defines basic damage types and the attribute ones in such situations is the following table: (I didn't change anything in their definition)

BASIC DAMAGE TYPES ATTRIBUTE DAMAGE TYPES
    Acid Adamantine
    Cold Cold Iron
    Electricity Epic
    Fire Magic
    Sonic Silver
    Force Chaotic
    Positive Evil
    Negative Good
    Bludgeoning Lawful
    Piercing Nonlethal
    Slashing Spell
    Critical
    Precision
    Ghost Touch
    bleed, injury, bypass, drbypass, immunebypass, resistbypass

• FORTIF, HRESIST, RESIST and VULN are stacking correctly now, so they are not applied too often. FORTIF is rolled for each damage die not more than once but still separately for each damage die such that there are two rolls when there is a critical and a sneak attack die but also when there are two different critical damage effects (burst and weapon critical). That is how FORTIF should work (I hope? Not really clear in the rules ). Especially, HRESIST: all now works correctly since that was requested The modifiers in FORTIF and RESIST (and also VULN) are taken correctly, i.e. just the biggest available modifier/percentage which is allowed (also respecting the previous point).
    • RESIST against a damage type sometimes overwrote RESIST: (N) all which also overwrite RESIST: (N) regardless of the numbers. Now they are (hopefully) respected correctly

I Hope I didn't forget something It is still not completely universal but should now really cover everything as long as you do not use strange combinations of damage types and dice (since then official rules for applying RESIST etc. are missing, but really only a problem in very extremely different homebrew rules).

Update 5: There are the following fixes and changes:
    • Now compatible with the Mirror Image handler of darrenan But it is not incorporated, so load the mirror image handler separately when you want to use it
    • Stable effect will be now also automatically removed when lethal damage is incoming (when you're dying and you stabilized) (Now included in the base code)
    • Added the damage type bleed. With that you can now code bleed damage: It overcomes DR and is similar to such special damage types like critical, i.e. wearing an axe with DMGTYPE: bleed will result into damage types slashing and bleed, not only bleed
    • The visibility of the chat message of fortification depended on the attacker which is not useful. The fortification rolls of players will now be shown while the ones for NPCs will only be shown when the settings of the GM are allowing this
    • Drag&Drop of numbers from the little modifier box into the wound entries in the CT or character sheet were not working anymore due to my code of fortification. This is fixed now
    • The drag&drop into the nonlethal box in the character sheet didn't respect resistances versus nonlethal damage type (in the native FG code). I now added this Pro tip (independent of this extension): Using e.g. /mod 5 [TYPE: fire] results by the way into a dragable 5 which respects resistances versus fire, similarly change the damage type and number to get other macros (do not use such a thing with an attack) Similarly this is possible with other typical things you see in the chat like [HEAL] and so on; but be careful this is surely not an intended feature of FG, I just find that funny that this works, too
    • Updated to FGU

I am allowed to incorporate the extension about automated flat-footed, thanks to Mr900rr The extension is not up-to-date for FG and I will incorporate this into my AoO extension due to arising incompatibilities. So you will find this feature then in the packages where AoO is included if you want

Update 6: New effect added: TDMG
    TDMG (D) [bonus], [range], [damage type]* (T), automatic damage roll against incoming attacks like in fire shield. Use range descriptor to restrict the damage only against incoming melee/ranged attacks
    Example: Fire Shield; TDMG: d6, melee, fire

Yes, I coded it in such a way that TDMG effects can not trigger each other to avoid infinite loops of dice rolls Though I tried it in FGU and it sounded like popcorn!

Update 7: New effects:
    ACCC (N) [bonus], [range], opportunity (T), armor class defense against critical confirmation only. Stacking rules with AC effects and data from sheet are with respect to bonus type stacking, e.g. ACCC: 2 deflection would not stack with AC: 1 deflection

• I also have included the damage types of phixation: bypass, immunebypass, drbypass and resistbypass, thanks These damage types overcome the corresponding effects (but all of them then, like immunebypass overcomes all immunities; no way to restrict it at the moment), bypass overcomes everything resistbypass overcomes HRESIST
    • CC rolls were not applied correctly to a target when the target had negative AC in the native code, I fixed this. Moreover, you will see [CC DEF EFFECTS ...] next to its message when an ACCC leads to an increased AC (but only when it is a real bonus, so, when you have an AC: 2 deflection effect and just ACCC: 1 deflection, then it will not show anything. Only when something gets really added to it, such that you can easily check whether the effect was correctly applied).
    • Now compatible with Bmos's spell failure roll

Update 8: New effect:

TVCONC (N) [range]*, opportunity (T), target treated as having corresponding VCONC
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 26th, 2021 at 00:17.

Thanks, Kelrugem.

Thanks for the extension. I have a kineticist in one of my games and they have a variable fortification percentage. This will help a lot. HRESIST will also be useful for swarms and incorporeal creatures that take half damage from some things.

What does FORTIF x all do? It rolls twice on a normal hit and negates the damage on successes.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Thanks for the extension. I have a kineticist in one of my games and they have a variable fortification percentage. This will help a lot. HRESIST will also be useful for swarms and incorporeal creatures that take half damage from some things.

What does FORTIF x all do? It rolls twice on a normal hit and negates the damage on successes.
    Ah, thanks for the description of these situations; then HRESIST should be also useful for Pathfinder then, I didn't think about swarms etc.

What do you mean with your last question? 'FORTIF: x all' means that fortification will be rolled against any damage type. I tried to reconstruct your situation and was not able to get two rolls accidentally, except when one has two damage types in one roll. E.g. "1d4 slashing plus 1d6 fire" works as expected (i.e. two rolls) but for "1d4 slashing, fire" it also rolls twice although it is just one die Did you mean this?

Yes, this sounds like a bug, I wrote the programme in such a way that it checks any arising damage type and then rolls fortification if there is a FORTIF for that damage type. I would have to rewrite it in such a way that it checks just any die for specific damage types. But I am not so sure yet how to do that; gladly this bug just arises at situations which do normally not arise since fortification against anything or already against other types than critical or piercing do normally not arise in D&D (and I do not know of dice like "1d6 critical, precision")

But when you have in your games other fortification types against two damage types (let's call them A and B) and you have damage dice like "1d6 damage type A, damage type B" then this bug will arise

I hope I find time to fix that

EDIT: I just checked this situation a bit more: This bug arises also with multiple RESIST and VULN entries. So having two RESIST entrie of two damage types results to a double reduced damage die when this dmg die has both damage types

EDIT2: The only damage dice with at least two damage types I can think of are something like "d4 slashing, piercing" or "d6 slashing, lawful good", "claw (d6 fire)" (with three damage types then) and so on. So all additional arising damage types are slashing, piercing or bludgeoning and one does not have RESIST or FORTIF etc. against them in standard rules, also resistance and fortification against everything also normally do not arise. Thus, I hope there is no situation in actual games where this bug can arise
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 21st, 2019 at 18:57.

Thank you this is terrific!!!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Thank you this is terrific!!!
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, thanks for the description of these situations; then HRESIST should be also useful for Pathfinder then, I didn't think about swarms etc.

What do you mean with your last question? 'FORTIF: x all' means that fortification will be rolled against any damage type. I tried to reconstruct your situation and was not able to get two rolls accidentally, except when one has two damage types in one roll. E.g. "1d4 slashing plus 1d6 fire" works as expected (i.e. two rolls) but for "1d4 slashing, fire" it also rolls twice although it is just one die Did you mean this?

Yes, this sounds like a bug, I wrote the programme in such a way that it checks any arising damage type and then rolls fortification if there is a FORTIF for that damage type. I would have to rewrite it in such a way that it checks just any die for specific damage types. But I am not so sure yet how to do that; gladly this bug just arises at situations which do normally not arise since fortification against anything or already against other types than critical or piercing do normally not arise in D&D (and I do not know of dice like "1d6 critical, precision")

But when you have in your games other fortification types against two damage types (let's call them A and B) and you have damage dice like "1d6 damage type A, damage type B" then this bug will arise

I hope I find time to fix that

EDIT: I just checked this situation a bit more: This bug arises also with multiple RESIST and VULN entries. So having two RESIST entrie of two damage types results to a double reduced damage die when this dmg die has both damage types

EDIT2: The only damage dice with at least two damage types I can think of are something like "d4 slashing, piercing" or "d6 slashing, lawful good", "claw (d6 fire)" (with three damage types then) and so on. So all additional arising damage types are slashing, piercing or bludgeoning and one does not have RESIST or FORTIF etc. against them in standard rules, also resistance and fortification against everything also normally do not arise. Thus, I hope there is no situation in actual games where this bug can arise
    To complete my answer, there is one situation where this problem could arise (and I guess the only one so far in Pathfinder; in 3.5e the following example still works). When you attack a tiny swarm (which has HRESIST: slashing; HRESIST: piercing) with a dagger then HRESIST would be applied twice to the damage die of the dagger since it counts as a slashing and piercing damage. Gladly, this is probably a rare situation (I rather run away from a spider swarm then attacking them with my kitchen knife ). I think about a different code but the whole code about the handling of FG of effects like RESIST has to be rewritten then.

As a workaround I would erase one of the damage types of the dagger for that fight (or manual manipulation)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 22nd, 2019 at 00:59.

I've now edited the first post to include a modified version of the Strain and Injury extension of Darrenan He allowed me to upload his modified extension if one also wants to use his extension

Thread Information