STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 16 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I am also having trouble using immunebypass and resistbypass.
    For example using mythic scorching ray on say a red dragon...

So putting in damage of 6d6 fire, immunebypass, resistbypass and only displays 6d6 fire and dropping the damage roll on the dragon in the CT simply rolls the 6d6 as fire and the dragon resist all of it.
    Attachment 38587
    Thanks for the report

I just tested and you are right, somehow all my custom damage types do not play with DMGTYPE and with spell damage actions. I am certainly sure that this worked once, but I am not sure what happened. I try to investigate But I sadly have no idea when I will have time for that, hopefully soon

oki, it might be easy to fix: In the advanced effects extension it works So, when you can live without the overlays, then you could just load advanced effects with AoO and save versus tags separately instead of the overlay stuff But it might be easy to fix, I am normally testing these things in advanced effects or save versus tags and then I just copy&paste it into the package; probably I made a bad copy&paste somewhere
    (Funnily, the overlaypackage for StrainInjury works )

Heh. Well that's good news. I can use the separate files for now. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using wrong syntax somehow. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Heh. Well that's good news. I can use the separate files for now. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using wrong syntax somehow. Thanks.
    I fixed it, so, you can redownload overlaypackage now Well, it was a "fix": I first zipped the extension again, and it still didn't work completely. Then I made a copy and zipped again, now it works... I literally just did a copy, I changed nothing, so, please do not ask me why this works, please let us all simply accept that this fixed it xD
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2020 at 08:30.

Quick question. When customizing a magic weapon, does the effect need to go in both the "Properties" field and the "Damage Type" field, or just one of them? For example, if customizing a keen, shocking burst longsword, I presume you need to use the MAGIC, KEEN, and ELECTRICITY effects, but where does each of them go?

Also, is there a list of ALL the potential effects, both the standard effects and those provided by the extension?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Seems; September 26th, 2020 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Seems View Post
    Quick question. When customizing a magic weapon, does the effect need to go in both the "Properties" field and the "Damage Type" field, or just one of them? For example, if customizing a keen, shocking burst longsword, I presume you need to use the MAGIC, KEEN, and ELECTRICITY effects, but where does each of them go?

Also, is there a list of ALL the potential effects, both the standard effects and those provided by the extension?

Thanks in advance!
    Electricity and magic are damage types, so, that comes to damage Keen is an effect (from an extension), so, that you should add either as effect (when coming from a buff, especially also affecting all weapons), or, when it is a property of a weapon, just edit the crit range directly

For official effects: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

For my effects, see the cheat sheet attached here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post452700

(but I did not list which effect comes from which of my extensions, but that is easy to figure out, hopefully )

About effects of other extensions: That you need to ask/read in the corresponding threads; or maybe I should convert the pdf of my cheat sheet to a word doc such that you can manually add other effects to this list. (I create my pdfs directly, via LaTeX, therefore I can sadly not provide an editable doc file; but when you use LaTeX, then I can send the tex file of course )

Thank you, Kelrugem! I never cease to be amazed at how much time and energy you all put into supporting the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Seems View Post
    Thank you, Kelrugem! I never cease to be amazed at how much time and energy you all put into supporting the community.
    oh, thank you very much for your kind words

(but many others do much more than I do I just procrastinate to avoid writing on my thesis )

@kelrugem, i know if i master this ext, it'll be master of the universe! but at this point in my progress, i'll settle for jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none :-P

i was trying to figure out how to set things up for a pathfinder 1 spell: ghostbane dirge.

i want to:
    1. keep "incorporeal" on the creature (a constant)
    2. create custom-if type to use "ghost touch" (full damage except non-magic weapons / spells)
    3. use "hresist" for non-magic weapons / non-spells damage

would this logic / these rules work... is it the most effective? i could do 1) and 2) but can't seem to get 3) right (because i might not understand how that actually works).

how would you do it?

thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Someone else wants to know also:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post545725

I suggested an approach but it might be incomplete: NIFTAG: spell; HRESIST
    Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 19:56.

Thread Information