DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

how do i fix fantasy grounds crashing

I am getting

database error amxl parse error occurred processing file campaigns/waterdeep3/campaign.xml - error on line 4: error reading end tag

Does anyone know how to fix this.

I have did a complete uninstall and and a new install

any help would be great

Blog Entries
    Does this repeat with a new campaign?
    Does it repeat if you disable all extension?
    Does it repeat in a New campaign with no extensions?

I'm guessing your campaign file got corrupted. If you post your "waterdeep/campaign.xml" file we can take a look. Sounds like your file got corrupted. Did you edit it manually?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The error is likely in the campaign itself which won't be affected by uninstalling and reinstalling.

First thing to check is whether the error occurs in a new campaign without any extensions. If it does not then the next thing to look at is the extensions you are using if any. Start by removing all of the extensions from your campaign and then enabling them one at a time until the error repeats. You will then have found the culprit. Check the thread for that extension to ensure that it still works and if it does make sure you have the latest version.

If that doesn't solve the issue then your campaign file may well have become corrupted. To see if you can fix that start by backing up the entire waterdeep3 campaign folder. Then open up that folder and rename the file db.xml to dbold.xml or whatever. Then find the largest or latest session.xml file and rename it to db.xml and then start your campaign up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Hello Lordentrails

It happens when i create a new campaign nake for waterdeep. Then it will work for a couple of weeks and then crash again. I lose all the data and have to start again.
    I dont have any extensions enabled
    I have edited it manually bc i am not that smart in computers. How do i post the xml you are looking ?

Thanks

Hey zacchaeus

I am not running any extensions at all. I have tried renaming and finding the latest session and when i load it i get the same error.

Fixing a corrupted campaign.xml file is pretty easy - create a brand new campaign with the same ruleset and then copy it from the directory of the new campaign to the directory of the campaign causing the error - overwrite the campaign.xml file there. Only copy campaign.xml, nothing else. This file just has the ruleset name, GM name (default GM) and password info (if any), it doesn’t have any data specific to the game itself.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If this works for a while the fails, something is corrupting it.

What operating system are you running on?
    Do you use any cloud synch applications to backup your FG data?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

trenloe

I have did that and when i run the new game it runs good for a couple of sessions and i get the same error and losing all data

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If this works for a while the fails, something is corrupting it.

What operating system are you running on?
    Do you use any cloud synch applications to backup your FG data?
    I am running windows 8 and I dont use any cloud application to back fg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike May**** View Post
    I am running windows 8 and I dont use any cloud application to back fg
    For testing, in future have the FG console open by typing /console in the chat window before you exit FG - then don’t just close down FG, exit back to the launcher via the desktop right click menu - look in the console and see if there are any errors or warning regarding saving/updating files.

Thread Information