FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold in the MM is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters in the MM that have this issue?
    Last edited by Baron28; April 7th, 2021 at 23:14.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold in the MM is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters in the MM that have this issue?
    There is no matrix in the 2E ruleset. You might be having an issue with an extension.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

In using the 1E extension, I've had this "set everything to 20 in the matrix" happen where I accidentally (or purposefully) futzed around with the hit dice for an NPC. E.g., deleting it, which reset the matrix to all-20s, and then entering either a different HD value or the original HD value if the deletion of the original HD value was user error.

After setting the HD value I wanted the NPC to have, going back into the attack screen where the matrix, AC, move, turn level, etc., is and randomly clicking on an empty box in it; and then backing out of that screen; usually removed the 20s straight across in the attack matrix, and reset the correct attack matrix values for the HD I'd input (or re-input if replacing an accidental delete).
    Last edited by EOTB; April 17th, 2021 at 21:28.

@Celestian - FYI:

I was using the beholder and applied the "Slow" effect from the eye to a player but noticed that it only applied a +2 penalty to the AC, it should be +4 penalty as per Slow spell. Also the NODEX option is missing from the Eye effect.
    I was then curious and checked the slow spell and found that the INIT modifier was set to +4 when it should only be +2.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    @Celestian - FYI:

I was using the beholder and applied the "Slow" effect from the eye to a player but noticed that it only applied a +2 penalty to the AC, it should be +4 penalty as per Slow spell. Also the NODEX option is missing from the Eye effect.
    I was then curious and checked the slow spell and found that the INIT modifier was set to +4 when it should only be +2.
    Thanks for the heads up. I fixed the spell and all the beholders with slow spell effects.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Good day...
    I was looking for some good old fashioned common rats to throw to some PC and I think they are missing in this manual.
    Probably due to the fact that in the monstrous manual the entry for rat and giant rat are mixed in one column: Rat(giant).
    Maybe common rats can be appended to the manual in the future.
    As always, thanks in advance for all your work celestian.

Quote Originally Posted by galfaroth2000 View Post
    Good day...
    I was looking for some good old fashioned common rats to throw to some PC and I think they are missing in this manual.
    Probably due to the fact that in the monstrous manual the entry for rat and giant rat are mixed in one column: Rat(giant).
    Maybe common rats can be appended to the manual in the future.
    As always, thanks in advance for all your work celestian.
    There are only 2 types of rat entries in the Monstrous Manual. Giant Rats and Osquips. There is mention of pack/brush rats but no stats are given for them.

When there are variable HD listed for a single entry I tend to pick the most common and generally not do them all. In this case this seems to be what you are referring to. I will see about adding it but thats the process for what I converted.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    In using the 1E extension, I've had this "set everything to 20 in the matrix" happen where I accidentally (or purposefully) futzed around with the hit dice for an NPC. E.g., deleting it, which reset the matrix to all-20s, and then entering either a different HD value or the original HD value if the deletion of the original HD value was user error.

After setting the HD value I wanted the NPC to have, going back into the attack screen where the matrix, AC, move, turn level, etc., is and randomly clicking on an empty box in it; and then backing out of that screen; usually removed the 20s straight across in the attack matrix, and reset the correct attack matrix values for the HD I'd input (or re-input if replacing an accidental delete).
    The Kobold hit dice is set to 0 which is the root cause of the issue. Modifying the Kobold's hit dice to 1 fixes this. I'm sure this is going to be an issue with any monster with a hit dice less than 1.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    The Kobold hit dice is set to 0 which is the root cause of the issue. Modifying the Kobold's hit dice to 1 fixes this. I'm sure this is going to be an issue with any monster with a hit dice less than 1.
    I've noticed this in the past few days also, going through the monsters.

I set them all to "1-1" and then added the following effect:

less than 1-1 HD attack adjustment; ATK:-1

This makes the attack math right for kobolds, giant rats, etc.

OK, I found an error in the Red Dragon stats: The FG Monstrous Compendium has their hit dice as a base of 15, but it should be 13. Corresponding thaco is two higher than it should be as well. These Reds have been acting like they're as good as Silvers!

Thread Information