DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpzz View Post
    Hello hello,

Currently in tables mainly cosmetic for FGC and FGU: (No extensions or addons)

Every other table does show dice rolling when I click on the die icon

No dice roll show when i click on the following tables
    * Amulet of the planes transport location
    * Deck of Many things draw
    * Gem: Fancy to Precious
    * Gems & Jewels
    * Jewels
    * Semi-Precious stones

Inside the table there is <<Label>> instead of a title
    Animal Control
    Dragon Control
    Gem tables
    General Traits
    Special Traits

Attachment 45246

Attachment 45247

(again this is cosmetic no impact on game play)
    just not sure if its known

The table system in FG will not roll a dice type it doesn't know about. The first one you list is a d24. It mathematically handles the random generation but since there is not a d24 die then it can't show a dice roll.

The reason tables with a single column are generally not set with a name is because it is for a single type. There are not multiple columns so the name of the Table is what is used. Even if they had labels they would not be shown when a roll is made. Only when there are multiple.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

ahh I see. Thanks for the explanation

Hey Celestian. A couple of the magic items I've found have incomplete effects, and was wondering if there was some reason other than they accidentally were missed!

Ring of fire resistance: its effect is DDR: 2 fire, and it should be DDR: 2 fire; SAVE: 4 fire.
    Ring of protection: its effect is SAVE: 1, and it should be SAVE: 1; AC: 1.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Hey Celestian. A couple of the magic items I've found have incomplete effects, and was wondering if there was some reason other than they accidentally were missed!

Ring of fire resistance: its effect is DDR: 2 fire, and it should be DDR: 2 fire; SAVE: 4 fire.
    Ring of protection: its effect is SAVE: 1, and it should be SAVE: 1; AC: 1.
    Ring of Fire resistance indeed could use that now. When the DMG was created it didn't exist (save with parameters). I will add that but it will only work should the spells actually have the properties configured with "fire".

I've already submitted my changes for the week so I'll have to do it next round.

Ring of protection has +1 ac in the modifier. Thats the field for protections.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Oh, interesting. I didn't notice the armor section for the item when I was playing around with this. However, I DID notice that the ring of pro +1 that one of the characters had was NOT making their AC better by one, so I started to investigate. After fiddling with it a bit more, on my game at least, I see that the 'Ring' type does not actually add either the Base AC or the Modifier to the character AC. It does not modify the attack roll of a foe either. I tried several other item Types, and only the Shield type added the Base AC and Modifier to the character AC (aside from the Armor type which works as it should).

Sasaki, just to make sure, you're not using my extension, are you? If so, there might be a bug with my stuff given how heavily I rewrote AC calculations for all the various options, and I've been specifically meaning to take a look at it with regards to rings of protection.

Also, just to rule it out, be aware that the AC bonus from a ring of protection doesn't stack with magic armor bonuses, and I'm pretty sure Celestian coded it as such.

Edit: Just tested and rings of protection are not working correctly in my extension. However, I also tested the base 2E ruleset (a guy with a medium shield, plate armor, and a ring of protection) and rings of protection also seem to not be giving an AC bonus there (neither on the character sheet, nor when actually receiving attacks). So maybe there is something wrong with the base ruleset code. I can investigate more tonight if Celestian doesn't beat me to it.
    Last edited by Sterno; October 28th, 2021 at 15:29.

Cool, thanks for checking. And no, I'm not using your extension currently, but I have turned it on in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    Oh, interesting. I didn't notice the armor section for the item when I was playing around with this. However, I DID notice that the ring of pro +1 that one of the characters had was NOT making their AC better by one, so I started to investigate. After fiddling with it a bit more, on my game at least, I see that the 'Ring' type does not actually add either the Base AC or the Modifier to the character AC. It does not modify the attack roll of a foe either. I tried several other item Types, and only the Shield type added the Base AC and Modifier to the character AC (aside from the Armor type which works as it should).
    You are correct, thanks for reporting that!

It seems that one of the built in CoreRPG functions is no longer working like I expected it. I wrote my own function and corrected the issue. It will also fix an related issue with cloaks some armors.

Rings were showing up as "magic armor" and since rings don't work with magic armor... it wouldn't work with itself

Pushed a fix for this and it should show up on next Tuesdays patch.
    ---

Information and effects of rob of absortion are missing. The "page" is just empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
    Information and effects of rob of absortion are missing. The "page" is just empty.
    If you make a local copy it has a DM only section. The "readonly" nature of the module causes this. Not actually sure why it's there and not the regular text field.
    ---

Thread Information