Dune 2d20
Page 33 of 35 First ... 233132333435 Last
  1. #321
    It appears that rolling hit points on level up may not be working in line with my reading of the AD&D 2E rulebook for constitution scores of >= 20.

    Table 3 in the Revised version of the AD&D 2E rulebook has asterix that indicate that there are various minimum value functions that need to be applied to the roll. (e.g. When rolling hit points for a constitution 20 character the minimum value on the dice roll is 2, thus all 1s count as 2s).

    I observed the behavior twice. Once I didn't record the details. The second time I observed a level 7 fighter with 90 hit points and 25 constitution gain 8 hit points on level up to level 8 to a total of 98. Appearing to be hit die + fighter constitution bonus of: 1 + 7.

    Per my reading of the second edition rules the it should have been minValue4(d10) + 7 for 101 hit points on a d10 roll of 1.

    Not sure if that was intended or not.

    It also looks like there isn't a mimimum value function on the hit point gain per level at 1 per the AD&D 2E rules in the paragraph text for hit point adjustment in the Strength section (page 21 in the revised AD&D 2E PHB).

    I observed a level 1 mage with 1 hit point and 1 constitution level up to level 2 and go from 1 hit point to zero hit points (AD&D 2E may be lethal, but I'm fairly sure it isn't supposed to be THAT lethal.). It appears that the behavior of currentMaxHitPoints + hitPointsFromLevelUp = newMaxHitPoints is missing a minimum value function to prevent hitPointsFromLevelUp being <= 0. The behavior should look like: currentMaxHitPoints + minValue1(hitPointsFromLevelUp) = newMaxHitPoints.

    Edit: said floor when I didn't mean floor, I mean minimum value.
    Last edited by Nephron; July 8th, 2022 at 22:48.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephron View Post
    It appears that rolling hit points on level up may not be working in line with my reading of the AD&D 2E rulebook for constitution scores of >= 20.

    Table 3 in the Revised version of the AD&D 2E rulebook has asterix that indicate that there are various minimum value functions that need to be applied to the roll. (e.g. When rolling hit points for a constitution 20 character the minimum value on the dice roll is 2, thus all 1s count as 2s).

    I observed the behavior twice. Once I didn't record the details. The second time I observed a level 7 fighter with 90 hit points and 25 constitution gain 8 hit points on level up to level 8 to a total of 98. Appearing to be hit die + fighter constitution bonus of: 1 + 7.

    Per my reading of the second edition rules the it should have been minValue4(d10) + 7 for 101 hit points on a d10 roll of 1.

    Not sure if that was intended or not.

    It also looks like there isn't a mimimum value function on the hit point gain per level at 1 per the AD&D 2E rules in the paragraph text for hit point adjustment in the Strength section (page 21 in the revised AD&D 2E PHB).

    I observed a level 1 mage with 1 hit point and 1 constitution level up to level 2 and go from 1 hit point to zero hit points (AD&D 2E may be lethal, but I'm fairly sure it isn't supposed to be THAT lethal.). It appears that the behavior of currentMaxHitPoints + hitPointsFromLevelUp = newMaxHitPoints is missing a minimum value function to prevent hitPointsFromLevelUp being <= 0. The behavior should look like: currentMaxHitPoints + minValue1(hitPointsFromLevelUp) = newMaxHitPoints.

    Edit: said floor when I didn't mean floor, I mean minimum value.
    Lowest con you can have at level 1 is 2 (elf with 3 con). Minimum hp at level 1 for elf wizard would be 2 using automated rolls (max hp at level 1, -2 for con). You can manually adjust the hp roll for level 1 to whatever (if you force rolled value at level 1). After level 1 the rolls will be taken and the con negative applied at that moment. If con changes so will hp.

    You are correct, the rolls for extreme con bonuses are not automated. Automation has a cost in complexity and because of that I picked what the majority of situations would be. Outside of that things will need to be manually adjusted per your own rules or using greater than typical con dice rolls manually.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

  3. #323
    What would be the correct or easy way to give players individual XP? I click on the gear on the character sheet under main and change the total xp there. Is there a better way to do it?
    Another question would be if there is some kind of automatic armor skill modifier for a thief or if you need to fill in the modifiers from hand?
    Last edited by amanwing; August 12th, 2022 at 09:27.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    What would be the correct or easy way to give players individual XP? I click on the gear on the character sheet under main and change the total xp there. Is there a better way to do it?
    Another question would be if there is some kind of automatic armor skill modifier for a thief or if you need to fill in the modifiers from hand?
    You can drag/drop a number value onto the specific character in the Party Sheet on the XP tab and it will add that to them.



    There is no automation for non-leather armor and thief skill modifiers. You'll have to apply them manually to the armor directly or the player. You can do that with effects and skill modifiers.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

  5. #325
    This is great! Thank you again!

  6. #326

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belo Horizonte - Brazil
    Posts
    13
    Great work. I love the AD&D ruleset.

    One of my players decided to go Dual-Class and we are trying to figure out how to handle XP. Is there anyway to distribute the XP exclusively to the new class? I mean, automaticaly by using the apply button? Or the only way is hanling it manually?

    Thanks

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by lbkoerich View Post
    Great work. I love the AD&D ruleset.

    One of my players decided to go Dual-Class and we are trying to figure out how to handle XP. Is there anyway to distribute the XP exclusively to the new class? I mean, automaticaly by using the apply button? Or the only way is hanling it manually?

    Thanks
    Use the active class toggle. That will turn on/off xp division for multiple classes.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

  8. #328

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belo Horizonte - Brazil
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Use the active class toggle. That will turn on/off xp division for multiple classes.
    Thanks a lot. Never noticed these check buttons (feeling a bit dumb now... lol).

  9. #329
    Was the option to default open multiple windows instead of using crtl-click removed? I'm sure it was an option before.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by lbkoerich View Post
    Thanks a lot. Never noticed these check buttons (feeling a bit dumb now... lol).
    Dual classing is pretty complex to code around. In theory any mistakes made the DM can manually correct XP wise. I've never actually had a player dual class in FGU but lots of multi-class.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Content Bundle (All The AD&D Content)
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in