FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 39 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Please do not share nor request access to copyrighted material not available through official channels, and approved by the publisher.

Regards,
    JPG
    Considering the extension mentioned and requested has been available on the FG forum for almost a year, it seems like an over reaction.

Blog Entries
    Methinks it was a misreading.

My extension implements some of the systems from Combats & Tactics, such as their method for determining critical hits, locations and severity, as well as their phased initiative system. It doesn't reproduce the actual "rulebook text" like you see when you buy an officially licensed Fantasy Grounds product.

I did create a module for my own use that has the actual critical hit tables entered as Fantasy Grounds-style tables, along with stories of explanation text copy & pasted from the rulebook for what all the different crit effects are, but did not distribute it because of it's copyrighted nature.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Methinks it was a misreading.
    you must be right as sterno's extension is no more than an artistic representation of some game mechanics (which can not be copyrighted as far as i know) in FG and does not contain any original text or pictures.
    Last edited by readymeal; June 5th, 2021 at 05:45.

Likely this is my inexperience with FGU but I can't find a way to hide the details of a potion from the players. If it is set to unidentified it will show the unidentified name in the player sheet (I meant party sheet) but if the player clicks the items in the [party] sheet they will see in the powers tab the details of the power. Obviously most potions (other things as well I'm sure) give a lot of info away in the powers tab.

Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; September 2nd, 2021 at 19:18. Reason: clarification

I see nothing as a client when a potion is not identified. Once it is tho, everything shows.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I should have been clearer. The item is in the party sheet awaiting distribution. So if you click the link for the item in the party sheet (not the character inventory) then the power tab has details that should be hidden.
    If I test from the inventory it works as expected.

OK, I've done a bit of searching and haven't found an answer to these two questions. First I'm running FGU 4.1.5 Ultimate with no extensions, and I've got PHB, DMG, and MM loaded.

1. I've enabled the dice tower in options but it is not visible on my (DM) screen, although it is visible on my players screen. Where's mine?

2. When making a thief, the thief skills are not updated with race or dex modifiers. Is this a bug, decision, or something that was not possible to code? Am I building the character sheet in the wrong order? I've tried a couple of different orders, and the skills never update.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sasaki View Post
    OK, I've done a bit of searching and haven't found an answer to these two questions. First I'm running FGU 4.1.5 Ultimate with no extensions, and I've got PHB, DMG, and MM loaded.

1. I've enabled the dice tower in options but it is not visible on my (DM) screen, although it is visible on my players screen. Where's mine?

2. When making a thief, the thief skills are not updated with race or dex modifiers. Is this a bug, decision, or something that was not possible to code? Am I building the character sheet in the wrong order? I've tried a couple of different orders, and the skills never update.

Thanks!
    The only time the DM sees the dice tower is if his rolls are not hidden (campaign settings/option). This is a thing throughout FG systems.

Dex/racial/armor adjustments are not automatically applied for thief skills.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian. Thanks for the info on the dice tower. I was just being obtuse....

OK, here's another one for you. The 2nd level mage spell Strength. It doesn't interact properly with exceptional strength, and it doesn't look like it has a limit of 18/00. So if I put the effect on a fighter with 16 strength and the roll is 8, he will end up with a 24. 18/xx is treated as 18 then the roll of the spell effect gets added to that.

So it looks like the solution for a fighter with 18/xx str is to modify the stat blocks manually and add the spell dice roll to the second row of str mods. Was this impossible to code to work with exceptional str?

Thread Information