STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 39 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    I get a Script Error when I add items to the pc inventory. This is in FGC, FGU is working fine. "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)"
    Do you have any extensions in FGC? Dragging and dropping items from the PHB to a PC inventory worked fine for me. I could not replicate a problem.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

When I click the Type icon on the Actions tab of the character sheet to switch between Melee, Ranged, and Thrown, the ATK and DMG modifier doesn't change, even when I've got Base selected as the Stat for both and my Abilities should cause a change.

Also, when setting up the Stat for a Weapon's DAMAGE, there is an "NA" option and a "-" option. The Stat for ATTACK only has the "NA" option. Is there a difference mechanically or otherwise between the "NA" and the "-" options, or a reason/situation to use one over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHack View Post
    When I click the Type icon on the Actions tab of the character sheet to switch between Melee, Ranged, and Thrown, the ATK and DMG modifier doesn't change, even when I've got Base selected as the Stat for both and my Abilities should cause a change.
    Found this and fixed, thanks for the report. I'll put the fix in queue for next update.

Also, when setting up the Stat for a Weapon's DAMAGE, there is an "NA" option and a "-" option. The Stat for ATTACK only has the "NA" option. Is there a difference mechanically or otherwise between the "NA" and the "-" options, or a reason/situation to use one over the other?
    NA means use nothing, dash uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex). The NA I added for use for NPCs as some have their strength already calculated into their damage ratings and did not need dex or str adjustments. For a time I was just setting in the CHA but a few people asked me why I did that so this was to resolve confusion.
    Last edited by celestian; March 9th, 2020 at 17:10.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    NA means use nothing, dash uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex). The NA I added for use for NPCs as some have their strength already calculated into their damage ratings and did not need dex or str adjustments. For a time I was just setting in the CHA but a few people asked me why I did that so this was to resolve confusion.
    The dash seems to work the same way as NA for me, in that case. I get the effect that you're describing by setting the Stat to Base.

Is there a reason to use the dash instead of NA?

Thanks!

The dash seems to work the same way as NA for me, in that case. I get the effect that you're describing by setting the Stat to Base.

Is there a reason to use the dash instead of NA?

Thanks!
    Base uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex).

The value, as I mentioned, is more for NPCs and should not be necessary for PCs.
    Last edited by celestian; March 10th, 2020 at 04:58.
    ---

Hi, I am getting this error when trying to drop a race from the players handbook to a new character sheet.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1240: attempt to index global 'CampaignDataManager2' (a nil value)

It happens with or without extensions and in either classic or unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Culdraug View Post
    Hi, I am getting this error when trying to drop a race from the players handbook to a new character sheet.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1240: attempt to index global 'CampaignDataManager2' (a nil value)

It happens with or without extensions and in either classic or unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Fallout from removing a linked bit of scripting. Let me clean this up and see if I can get it submitted.
    ---

Fallout from removing a linked bit of scripting. Let me clean this up and see if I can get it submitted.
    There was another small update that should fix this problem. Sorry for the trouble.
    ---

That was quick!! Thanks!

Now, I may be doing something wrong but when I drop the race, and the race has stat mods, they should automatically be applied correct?

I do not see changes anymore.

edit: I noticed in the race dialog, showing the ability adjustments, the second ability has a strange character next to it. Not a plus or minus.
    Last edited by Culdraug; March 17th, 2020 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Culdraug View Post
    Now, I may be doing something wrong but when I drop the race, and the race has stat mods, they should automatically be applied correct?

I do not see changes anymore.

edit: I noticed in the race dialog, showing the ability adjustments, the second ability has a strange character next to it. Not a plus or minus.
    I'll take a look when I get back home. If I can reproduce the issue the update for a fix will be next Tuesday.
    Last edited by celestian; March 17th, 2020 at 21:53.
    ---

Thread Information