DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 17 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Nice!

(I’m happy for it, but wish they could have been able to use something like “D&D Classic: AD&D” if not AD&D which may imply 5E is “basic D&D” which brings us to another confusion of “Basic” lol )

But I get it, the new line is not precisely 2E anyway. At least not in “pure” (if that exists due to orig books then kits then completes then advanced options etc) sense. I mean the module N1 is for 1E as is the next expected module. So it is probably a better thing to call is “Classic” since it will include converted to 2E (with liberties) 1E work.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The new logo is now in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Nice!

(I’m happy for it, but wish they could have been able to use something like “D&D Classic: AD&D” if not AD&D which may imply 5E is “basic D&D” which brings us to another confusion of “Basic” lol )

But I get it, the new line is not precisely 2E anyway. At least not in “pure” (if that exists due to orig books then kits then completes then advanced options etc) sense. I mean the module N1 is for 1E as is the next expected module. So it is probably a better thing to call is “Classic” since it will include converted to 2E (with liberties) 1E work.
    Maybe it was a choice to rename it so as to be generic enough to include Cyclopedia (Basic, Expert, Companion, Master)/Mystara-Hollow World. Who knows what the extent of 'Classic' might entail in their license.

Another question I have is how broad their license is to settings? Birthright, Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms (Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur, Maztica), Planescape, Ravenloft, Spelljammer?

I hope this blows up and makes SW, FG authors good amount of revenue and inspires WotC to consider there is room for making money off retro as well...

Thanks to everyone who got this done. I have been waiting for the day when 2E finally gets support digitally. I know there was a lot of fan service to it, but to have it finally supported by the powers that be....great job everyone!

Will there be a bundle option for purchasing these?

Blog Entries
    Not for a little while. Once we start getting up to around 10 items, we will probably see if we can bundle them in a complete the set sort of way.

Hey all! I do not think I have ever posted on here, but I wanted to say FANTASTIC job for getting this approved! A lot of you (Celestian in particular) know me as an Old School 1E/2E Greyhawk live streamer on Twitch. We do mostly Tabletop/Minis style. I have stayed away from FG and other software programs in the past, because we greatly value the "In Person" playstyle with my group, and we had no real access to our base rulesets in the programs. However, this may truly lead to some new doors opening up for my group, and including others in our play.

The true irony is I am playing in my first ever 5E game a week from Saturday night, with a great friend of mine DMing (SublimeBW) a Greyhawk 5E One Shot on my channel. This is using Fantasy Grounds; so if you have interest, let me know!

I wanted to say congratulations once again! I hope this continues to allow more and more DMs and players to find their way back to the game!
    Last edited by LordGosumba; April 18th, 2019 at 00:15.

Blog Entries
    I have many fond memories of 1e/2e, it's going to be very tempting to pick this up just to play with it.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

2e was a cool surprise but I dont understand alot of the conversation as calling this ad&d. And why the module N1 was released as 1e not 2e? Cannot get 1e due to licensing or Mark Wilson only likes 2e? Any other effert on making 1e? Or is this 2e going to be the foundation level because game mechanics?
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Quote Originally Posted by gqwebb View Post
    2e was a cool surprise but I dont understand alot of the conversation as calling this ad&d. And why the module N1 was released as 1e not 2e? Cannot get 1e due to licensing or Mark Wilson only likes 2e? Any other effert on making 1e? Or is this 2e going to be the foundation level because game mechanics?
    There are certainly some items picked because of my preferences. That said there are good products under both 1e and 2e. We've got a long list of items and there are many from both versions. One of the benefits of AD&D is that the systems were compatible. Even Basic adventures were commonly used in AD&D 1e and 2e games... such as B2, Keep on the Borderlands.

When converting the modules into FG I stick with the system it was intended for insofar as npcs. This ensures the adventure plays out as originally designed. An example is the dragons/demons in 2E are far more powerful... and using those creatures in say, Temple of Elemental Evil would drastically change how things turn out (the dragons would be far more powerful than the big baddie!). So, using the stats from the module the creatures will be as they were intended. Mind you, that's for items I work on.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information