FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 17 First ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSterling View Post
    I just picked up the core rulebooks with a couple modules to get started and the rest of the bundle next check. Thanks for everyone that worked on all the conversions. Is there a place where I can see what conversions are in progress? I am interested in the Complete Dwarves, Gnomes & Halflings and Humanoids books as well as the Complete Ninja's, Sha'irs, Psionic's, Bard's, Spacefarer's, and Gladiator's. Oh and more items like from Arms & Equipment and Aurora's Whole Realms. Also is there a way to get the original 2nd Edition Art from the Player's and DM's guides as part of my purchase as that was what I wanted to use to show my players? Lastly will there be the monster compendiums releases?
    Sadly, because of the way that these products are developed (by unpaid community developers who write them and then submit them whenever they are done with it or abandon it before completion) there is really no way of knowing what is in the pipeline (mostly, though sometimes people do indicate what they are working on personally). So it's sort of a surprise, X has just been released, situation.

Complete Bard's is out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=WOTC2ECBH

Some of those (Sha'irs, Spacefarer's, and Gladiators) are linked to campaign settings which SmiteWorks may or may not have authorization to develop for.

Psionics requires Psionics to be added to the ruleset's capabilities (which I think I read is being considered, or maybe in development, hopefully Celestian can provide more details).

Dwarves, Gnomes & Halflings, and Humanoids are probably in some stage of development, though I don't know fore sure.

Art is generally limited to what WotC says they can use. So if the module is based on a specific book, that's what they're allowed to use.

Compendiums would be a nice add, and again may already be in development, hard to know. The other thing to consider is many compendiums are linked to campaign settings (Greyhawk, Ravensloft, Spelljammer, Dark Sun, etc.) so that might be a sticking point (though I don't know for sure).

Thank's for the response. The shine on the Bard's was hard to make out at first glance. I understand if SmiteWorks doesn't have access however Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms Compendiums should be available since the modules are available. Could be an overreach but 1e default setting is Greyhawk. Is there a subforum where people are discussing what projects they are working on? In the forums I've read so far Celestial is working on Night Below.

Thank's for the response. The shine on the Bard's was hard to make out at first glance. I understand if SmiteWorks doesn't have access however Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms Compendiums should be available since the modules are available. Could be an overreach but 1e default setting is Greyhawk. Is there a subforum where people are discussing what projects they are working on? In the forums I've read so far Celestial is working on Night Below.
    Not really, just periodically someone in some forum at some point says something to the effect of I've been working on such and such forever and it's slow going, or something similar. Not specifically Classic D&D but across the board of the licensed products.

Good to know, was going to dig into the forums needlessly and you saved me some time. How would I go about converting and submitting them myself. I know this is a tall order but I have time and the materials on hand physical and pdf.

Good to know, was going to dig into the forums needlessly and you saved me some time. How would I go about converting and submitting them myself. I know this is a tall order but I have time and the materials on hand physical and pdf.
    I would probably start with emailing [email protected] and ask them about the criteria and availability of whatever you are considering converting.

Good Day MaxSterling
    Perhaps start your research about making FG products here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tures-rulesets

Super important question. If I'm using 2E psionics, is there a way to change the attack and defense modes to the values in the Psionics Handbook instead of Skills&Powers values?
    I'm assuming "Intellect Fortress;DMGPSPO: 2" sets the defensive values against the various attacks. Right? But can it be edited?

Also, there seems to be a bug where I get an error using a psionic attack against a target with no defense active.
    Last edited by SylvanSnake; July 25th, 2023 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    Super important question. If I'm using 2E psionics, is there a way to change the attack and defense modes to the values in the Psionics Handbook instead of Skills&Powers values?
    I'm assuming "Intellect Fortress;DMGPSPO: 2" sets the defensive values against the various attacks. Right? But can it be edited?

Also, there seems to be a bug where I get an error using a psionic attack against a target with no defense active.
    The psionic system is not directly supported by the ruleset as there is no content (Darksun, revised). What psionics features that do exist are experimental. I wrote them when someone was going to convert the DS ruleset but then WoTC declined to let the setting be converted.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The psionic system is not directly supported by the ruleset as there is no content (Darksun, revised). What psionics features that do exist are experimental. I wrote them when someone was going to convert the DS ruleset but then WoTC declined to let the setting be converted.
    Oh, I'm aware of that, but I'm doing my own psionics adaptation for personal use. The MTHAC0 system is already there and I copied the powers into my own custom module to use for a campaign I'm going to run. Mainly I want to modify the attack and defense modes to resemble the original Psionics Handbook system. Not really a fan of psionic combat being simply a matter of who runs out of PSP first.

Thread Information