DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Weird tags in C&C XML

Working on the PG2HH this weekend getting spells squared away, races and class are all done, the reference manual is complete. While double checking with some of Talyn's recent updates to makes sure I was on the same sheet of paper, I came across some XML tags and lines i wasn't expecting. Nor do I remember them, I have been unable find anything in the FG wiki. The lines of interest are hi-lighted. The code below is a portion of a sample character edit.

Code:
    <id-00001>
                            [<addlevel type="number">1</addlevel>                                         
                            <level type="number">0</level>
                            <locked type="number">1</locked>
                            <name type="string">Deepvision</name>
                            <shortcut type="windowreference">
                                <class>ability</class>
                                <recordname></recordname>
                            </shortcut>
                            <siege type="number">0</siege>
                            <siegemodifier type="number">0</siegemodifier>
                            <text type="formattedtext">
                                <p></p>
                            </text>
                            <type type="string">Racial Trait</type>
                        </id-00001>
    What is this <addlevel type="number">1</addlevel> even do? I haven't been able to find its use in the C&C ruleset.

I have vague ideas on the next two: <siege type="number">0</siege>

They are both somehow connected to the SIEGE aspect of C&C, but I have been unable to find a whole lot. Are these tags new, old, deprecated?
    Last edited by Mortar; April 15th, 2019 at 01:31. Reason: had the wrong post up

Assuming this is an ability record?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    What is this <addlevel type="number">1</addlevel> even do? I haven't been able to find its use in the C&C ruleset.
    A quick find-in-files shows that its main use is in scripts\manager_action_ability.lua in the getSkillRoll function - if set to 1, it will add the level to the skill roll modifier.

You can see this in a character sheet in the GUI - on the abilities tab there is a "+Lvl" checkbox for each ability.

I have vague ideas on the next two: <siege type="number">0</siege>
    siegemodifier - this is added to the roll modifier. It’s set through the GUI temporary modifier (CTRL+mousewheel).

siege is the actual GUI control that triggers a siege roll - find details of the "siege" control in campaign\record_char_abilities.xml for which data values are combined.

They are both somehow connected to the SIEGE aspect of C&C, but I have been unable to find a whole lot. Are these tags new, old, deprecated?
    From the above siege is central to a siege check.

addlevel is only used in abilities.

siegemodifier is coded for, is changed through the temp modifier in the GUI or could be added into the XML by hand.

They were all in the C&C v3.3.0 ruleset, so not that new.

Hope the above helps.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 19th, 2019 at 02:37. Reason: Clarified siegemodifier
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The temporary modifier circles that you can add to a rollable field use “<name>modifier” to store the temporary modifier value.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The temporary modifier circles that you can add to a rollable field use “<name>modifier” to store the temporary modifier value.
    I looked for the temp modifier field in the XML but didn’t see it. Thanks for covering this off.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for that, my search-fu is much improved now and that mud is a bit clearer now.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information