FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 19 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

So, this weekend I cracked open the Icon Theme and even the SFRPG ruleset. That Ship Combat Tracker ICON is unique. In fact, the one that comes up default, in the SFRPG ruleset (w/no extensions) is NO WHERE to be found! I've spent HOURS looking for it. All the other Icons, like Combat Tracker, Calendar, Party Sheet, Effects, Modifiers, Colors, Lighting, and Options (although Lightning DOES NOT show!) are there in SFRPG and the Themes extension.

So, I've come to the conclusion that something "interesting" has been done in the SFRPG in order to "create it." This would explain why it isn't reacting the way the other icons are in this Theme Extension. Maybe the SFRPG developer could comment?

The image for the Ship CT is located in graphics/sidebar/button_shipct.png.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hmm ...

In SFRPG? SFRPG/graphics/sidebar/button_shipct.png? It's not there.

It's also not in CoreRPG.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Additional: I did a grep for any references in *.xml and *.lua for button_shipct.png in SFRPG. There were none. ???

Addendum: On Faith, I added a button (that I created the graphic for - green starship) to graphics_icons.xml in the this Themes extension called button_shipct, and it effectively replaced the icon for the Ship CT in the Right Corner of the screen. Clearly this DOES exist somewhere, because FGU is referencing/using it. However, this didn't change the fact that this sidebar button is not being handled the same way as the other sidebar buttons.

But progress has been made!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 28th, 2020 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    In SFRPG? SFRPG/graphics/sidebar/button_shipct.png? It's not there.
    It's there for me as well and is loaded on lines 265-266 in graphics_icons.xml.
    You should re-download SFRPG.pak and re-extract it, as this seems to be an issue with your copy. There is nothing different about how that graphic is being handled.
    Last edited by bmos; September 28th, 2020 at 15:28.

OK! Will do! Weird though!

Additional: Not so weird. I took the SFRPG.pak out of my FGU install location, and didn't realize that they were being updated to my AppData folder in my personal "Windows" space.

Why do the rulesets live in the FGU Installation location, if they are not going to ever get updated there???

I started with FGU in April of this year, and the SFRPG.pak version was from then. Have they decided to move these OUT of the installation folder and into the User's folder now? Maybe that was changed, and my "installation" is sort-of Out-of-Date?
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 28th, 2020 at 17:01.

OK! Will do! Weird though!
    I've certainly moved files out the ruleset .pak files when I was getting into development without realizing it.
    Often it's not obvious for quite a while. It wouldn't explain why the button image is still showing up in the program though.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I've certainly moved files out the ruleset .pak files when I was getting into development without realizing it.
    Often it's not obvious for quite a while. It wouldn't explain why the button image is still showing up in the program though.

But, at least I have a fresh set of code to go looking for why it's orphaned over to the Right side! Continuing my search ....

You can configure your FGU App Dir and Data Dir using Setup then go to the Advanced Tab.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

But, at least I have a fresh set of code to go looking for why it's orphaned over to the Right side! Continuing my search ....
    It looks like this theme was released before starship combat and doesn't include any positioning data for that button (so it appears in the usual position).
    if you open up the ext file and find graphics/graphics_icons.xml you can add:
    Code:
    	<icon name="button_shipct" file="graphics/icons/button_shipct.png" />
    	<icon name="button_shipct_down" file="graphics/icons/button_shipct_down.png" />
    between
    Code:
    	<icon name="button_ct_down" file="graphics/icons/button_ct_down.png" />
    and
    Code:
    	<icon name="button_partysheet" file="graphics/icons/button_partysheet.png" />
    this will get rid of the extra button but doesn't include a replacement (so you have to get to starship combat tracker by opening regular combat tracker and clicking the starship).

I used photoshop to change the "starships" button from blue to green and added it back in with the correct name, but it still doesn't show up (not sure why). At least it isn't floating over on the right anymore!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 00:28.

Yes, I implemented ship combat, and the button after this extension was created. It went LIVE around January.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information