Starfinder Playlist
Page 18 of 19 First ... 816171819 Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

I just waded through all the discussions about the 2021-02 Rulset updates in the Laboratory, and it seems the topic of a graphical sidebar has been hotly debated - affected several Rulesets and Extensions. Unless something changes, I think we all have to live with the Theme_Bars_Starfinder.ext for now.

I will look at updating my latest changes (based on what msbranin's work) and release a new Theme_Bars_Starfinder.ext with just the necessary changes.

I just updated it a bit more.. Here is what it looks like.. Gave it a black background and got rid of the transparent windows and fixed the speaker window to match to match the theme. Let me know if you like this or not.

Bars Theme Update.png

and here the the current extension I am working on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK. So, I also do not prefer the transparent windows either, because with the background, it can make the information in the box pretty hard to read. I went through and replaced most of the frames with the default ones from SFRPG. There was also some wierd graphical interaction with the new SideBar dialog box with this extension, and I fixed that as well.

I kept the original desktop background (I kind of like it.)

If someone would like the transparent windows back, I can create a Theme_Bars_Starfinder_Tp.ext with windows that are transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    I just updated it a bit more.. Here is what it looks like.. Gave it a black background and got rid of the transparent windows and fixed the speaker window to match to match the theme. Let me know if you like this or not.
    Looks like you are pretty much in the same place as I. Did you notice that the Characters window has an issue w/ horizontal resizing? Mine too.

What did you change to get the text font bigger/different, and the titles in Red? It's not part of the extension.

Yep I noticed that and I am using Montserrat Font - big font. It looks best of all the fonts I have tried.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Font-Extension

Just look down in the thread for the Big version.

The character selection window has a bug in horizonatal resizing in the new SFRPG rulset. I reported it. I'm sure this will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Yep I noticed that and I am using Montserrat Font - big font. It looks best of all the fonts I have tried.
    Ya! This font extention looks great!

I love that this has become a community extension. I've done some updates to my version 2021-03-10. Bars only. Maybe I'll do icons again sometime. Thanks to everyone who maintained this while I was lost in space...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swbuza; March 10th, 2021 at 19:28.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    I love that this has become a community extension. I've done some updates to my version to 2.0. Bars only. Maybe I'll do icons again sometime. Thanks to everyone who maintained this while I was lost in space...
    Thank you!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information