DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 19 First ... 31112131415 ... Last

Thread: Hacking a Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Really?! That's not what I would have expected, but I'm not an expert on XML and LUA. I would have expected the override would happen on symbol names and not file names. The same file in SFRPG ruleset is named data_desktop_SFRPG.lua - rather unique.
    I wasn't talking about the filename but the name it is given in extension.xml
    That being said, it was a very marginal improvement which I assume is not the intended result!

I'm thinking a new DesktopManager function that overrides the list being created. Something similar to LibraryData.overrideRecordTypeInfo. When I first added the button, the only function that worked and provided me with the behavior to add the new ship CT was registerStackShortcut. I don't believe the DesktopManager ever intended for new stack buttons to be built after the fact. If it did, then I would need to find that proper behavior. In any case, something weird is happening as to create the space for the button, but still loads in the standard location.

Till that is able to be performed, you might get mileage by just cloning out and removing my registration code and just adding a button to open the shipct from the combat tracker as it was setup during testing. This would give you access to the ship ct, and bypass the hurdle that is here till a better solution is found.
    Last edited by superteddy57; September 30th, 2020 at 17:27.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I'm thinking a new DesktopManager function that overrides the list being created. Something similar to LibraryData.overrideRecordTypeInfo. When I first added the button, the only function that worked and provided me with the behavior to add the new ship CT was registerStackShortcut. I don't believe the DesktopManager ever intended for new stack buttons to be built after the fact. If it did, then I would need to find that proper behavior. In any case, something weird is happening as to create the space for the button, but still loads in the standard location.
    Ya, that's what I was suspected that may be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Till that is able to be performed, you might get mileage by just cloning out and removing my registration code and just adding a button to open the shipct from the combat tracker as it was setup during testing. This would give you access to the ship ct, and bypass the hurdle that is here till a better solution is found.
    Yes, When I eliminated the ShipCT Icon from the Stack, I had noticed that that in the Stardard CT, there was a new button to bring up the Ship CT. Works good!

I will probably keep messing with the whole desktop experience. I have learned A LOT about what works and doesn't work. Thank you for your insights and advice!

I got the ship ct button to appear in the right place and work
    Just trying to get the empty bar on the right to go away now.

EDIT: I'm drawing a blank on that part, so here is what I have so far (it's probably overkill by bringing in CoreRPG stuff en-masse).
    I have intentionally left the extension as zip because I don't consider this appropriate for an average user (since I really don't understand how much of this stuff works and wouldn't want to mess up anyone's live environment).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; September 30th, 2020 at 18:57.

Very nice! Don't tease me, give the details.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Basically, I overwrite data_desktop.lua with the CoreRPG version (setting the same name in extension.xml so that the original one would be ignored) and added the shipct button there (Initially I tried adding it to the array used in CoreRPG but it wasn't accessible -- probably was too late anyway).
    Then I had to bring in data_desktop_SFRPG.lua to remove your method of adding the buttons.

I was thinking that would do the trick. I think I might tinker with it for a bit this afternoon now since you have peaked my interest in getting this to work.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Hey!! Congratulations! That worked for me as well!! Well Done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    Hey!! Congratulations! That worked for me as well!! Well Done!!
    It's still a little hacked together, but thanks
    Hopefully someone figures out the empty bar and jumbled icons workaround!

You got me unstuck! The empty bar is not really an annoyance to me. Is it to you?

However, the jumbled icon - yes. I'll see what I can do there.

Thread Information