STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Con 14 Screenshots

We're underway with FG Con 14! Post screen shots here.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Here are Trail of Cthulu screen shots!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; April 13th, 2019 at 13:49.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    Hollow's Last Hope. The group only had three party members, but they were able to save the town.

hlh.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Hollow's Last Hope. The group only had three party members, but they were able to save the town.
    Interesting theme - you have elements from lots of themes there!

Blog Entries
    The intrepid adventures - Hermione, Leroy, Dieter and the Professor uncovered TWO PLOTS and saved the day.
    Hermione uses her new Make a Scene skill to great effect.
    Have they become embroiled in a much larger plot?

Attachment 27033Attachment 27034

Blog Entries
    I didn't get a good screenshot of when my rogue was incapacitated but we had a great run.

The town toymaker had us investigating his partner. Upon very nicely ::cough:: entering the premises (hey, if the town watch didn't see us, it's legal right?) and one of our intrepid adventurers was stabbed by something under a table. Didn't see what it was at first until we finally spotted the culprit: CHUCKIE! (Ok, it wasn't actually Chuckie but close enough.) Little bastard dolls running around with evil grins stabbing us with needles.

Fast forward to being downstairs in a dungeon-like workshop, and for some reason the entire party is up at the north door trying to nail the door closed. Or...something. That wasn't too exciting so I went ahead and opened the west door. What?!?! There could've been treasure, and if they ain't lookin' well... the more for me, amirite? Turns out that room was where the dolls were being created...out of people! Eight corpses in various states of dismemberment and transformation into dolls (still full-size too; don't think we ever learned how they were being shrunk to 18".)

Somehow more Chuckies enter the picture, and the druid cast entangle on as many as possible. Had to include one of the party as well to maximize it. Oddly enough, the whole party was rolling low like I usually do, and I was rolling really high. As far as you know, I did not switch dice with the other players! Just try to prove it! Anyway, my stabby rogue gets to action, running around the room one-shotting like three Chuckies. Did anyone get that on camera? That was awesome, dude!

Later, we're nearing the final encounter (I think we thought it was the final encounter) and we're fighting a literally swarm of Chuckies. A Chwarm. Or a Swuckie. Whatever. Everyone gave some spiel about "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" and gave me back my crappy dice. So there I was...flat on my back at –2 hit points, having a somewhat disturbing and painful nap, when the druid stands over me with some goodberries. I ask the player, "so what, are you just going to stand over me and 'om nom nom, betcha wish you had some of these, eh? Om nom nom!'" "No," he sighs, and proceeds to smash three goodberries all over my rogue's face and in his mouth. POOF! I'm at +2 hit points. Let's rock! Jump to my feet and take a swing at the nearest Chuckie. Apparently being "mostly dead" then springing back makes one a little woozy, so I whiffed that pretty badly. Lesson learned. The druid proceeds to smash another goodberry into my face. I'm like, "Dude! I'm awake! I can just, you know...eat them!" He shrugs with an odd giggle, and went to bashing Chuckies with that crooked staff of his. Two of the other adventurers were fighting a Chuckie and having a not-very-good time at it, so I used a table as leverage and did a forward flip over the top of all three of them, spun around and took a massive swing at the final Chuckie in the room.

"But wait," he says! "There's more!"

Turns out there's yet another chamber we hadn't gone into. Mr. Evil Chuckie Maker is in there. Well...so this didn't go well. There was the distinct smell of a TPK in the air, but this douche didn't even have the nerve to kill us and put us out of our misery. Oh no, Mr. "neener neener I'm 4+ levels higher than you" hit us with a nasty fear ability and naturally every single one of us failed our saving throws, and ran out of the building with our tails tucked between our legs.

The End

Good stuff, though, and @Frankison is an excellent GM! We had a great group of players, fun was had by all!

I'll add some more to Talyn's screenshot above...I played Armas the Halfling Ranger:

Are you Scared 1.JPG

Are you Scared 2.JPG

Oh...AND DEATH TO ALL DOLLS!
    Last edited by damned; April 14th, 2019 at 02:13.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

I knew I forgot to do something while playing/GM-ing.
    Next time I'll remember.

Blog Entries
    I now have a favorite 5e one-shot. I highly recommend running The Haunt. I knew it would be fun, just didn't know it would be that much fun to watch a party of three get slaughtered by a "Chucky" type doll. The final action of the doll was to coup de grace an unconscious dwarf. Great adventure, and thanks to my players who's names I'm not going to mention.

evil-doll.png

The poor enemies were bullied by natural 20s in one SFS scenario ...

They got partial revenge on the party with the party's fortitude saves though.

Last edited by stephan_; April 14th, 2019 at 10:11.

Thread Information