D&D 2E, 3.5E, 5E looking for something different. Wanting to learn...

Hello

I have been a D&D junkie and DM for 20+ years. Unfortunatly, my group knows all the monsters and tricks, so I'm looking for a similar type of system that can break up the routine a bit. This looks good. Any groups out there looking for a player, short term or possibly long term, I'm listening. Or if anybody would be around to show me some of how it works.

Also, how is the system in FG? I looked into 13th Age and heard there were a lot of bugs. Any info is great,

Thanks

- Beerbelly

Blog Entries
    I give it a look over every once in a while (screenshots and comments) but it never gets much further than that. You might want to touch base with JohnD.
    Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: CDT/GMT-5]
    (Current Local Time)
    Currently Running: [D&D 5e - Fantasy - Gritty Realism] Reclaiming Hargeth . . . Discord Channel link
    Currently Recruiting for: HârnMaster 3 - Ruleset Playtest (built on MoreCore)

I started running a C&C campaign at the top of the year. We have weekly 3 hour sessions and the party is just now starting to hit second level.

In terms of feeling / playing like AD&D, it is pretty much spot on. I had largely forgotten how much time is invested in gaining each level - and decided to basically double the rewards, though that is still pretty slow.

I have noted no problems or bugs with the ruleset - it is fully functional though not as automated as 5e (but then, no other ruleset is). I haven't missed 5e at all and have greatly enjoyed how easy it is to import/rebuild portions of old classic modules. C&C is like the universal translator for converting 1e, 2e, and 3e modules. One thing that I haven't worked on is that spells and spell damage seems disconnected from the combat system - it is something that I will try to get working in a more automated fashion or otherwise figured out, but at first level there isn't an abundance of wildfire magic cutting loose.

Anyhow, I am very pleased with the C&C ruleset. It isn't wildly popular which is unfortunate because the level of support and quality of work is very high.

Blog Entries
    Hi Beerbelly. Welcome to FG.

Drop me a PM and we can see if your availability and my games match up in some way (along with the general style of game you're looking for).
    DMing since 1979. Ultimate License holder.

Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Monday)
    * Temple of Elemental Evil - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Thursday - on hiatus)
    * 2e Greyhawk (Wednesday)

Thanks for 7+ years of gaming via FG my friends (2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

Thread Information