FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 27 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I am new to the system/setting myself. One major benefit of a darker/grimmer setting like this is the players aren't necessarily expected to know everything about it which gives us as GMs the excuse of being vaguer or "mysterious" -grins-

This said, there is so much left unknown even after reading the books -laughs-
    This is exactly how I started out GM'ing this world. I started with the promised land (included in the ruleset / core rulebook) since it basically takes you into the country from the old country. You only need to know the basic back-story and the basic rules to run the starting adventure... everything else is pretty much explained. I've been GM'ing this ruleset now for... maybe 3 years? It's still amazing fun and the grim dark setting (and punishing monsters) puts the players on their toes every time they venture out into Davokar

Obviously WIP but still good work. Not a mechanical question but you might still be able to answer it nonetheless: With sessions of 3-4 hours and a brand new group, do you have any guesses on how long The Promised Land will approximately take to run? I'm thinking of running something weekend GMT evening and would like to plan accordingly (assuming I find players of couse).

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Obviously WIP but still good work. Not a mechanical question but you might still be able to answer it nonetheless: With sessions of 3-4 hours and a brand new group, do you have any guesses on how long The Promised Land will approximately take to run? I'm thinking of running something weekend GMT evening and would like to plan accordingly (assuming I find players of couse).
    It's really hard to say. You could probably blast through it in 1-2 hours if you really want to, but you could without a doubt make it drag out to more like 8-10.

The times I've played it (3) I've done it in one sitting of around 4-5 hours.

Hope that helps!
    Simon

Thanks, yes, that helps. Assuming some rule difficulties, it sounds like 2-3 sessions.

Soon! Some questions if possible:
    Is the ruleset encrypted (i.e in the vault)?
    What fonts are used and are they in the public domain?

I am currently doing data upload in Realm Works and want to add some fonts to mimic the feeling of the book
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Soon! Some questions if possible:
    Is the ruleset encrypted (i.e in the vault)?
    What fonts are used and are they in the public domain?

I am currently doing data upload in Realm Works and want to add some fonts to mimic the feeling of the book
    Hi!

Yes the ruleset is in the vault and unfortunately the fonts are not in the public domain

Cheers,
    Simon

Apologies if it is inappropriate to post here but this seems like the most likely thread for anyone interested in Symbaroum to frequent:

LFP: Short Symbaroum introductory campaign, TUE April 30, 5.30 PM GMT (flexible)

Apologies if it is inappropriate to post here but this seems like the most likely thread for anyone interested in Symbaroum to frequent:

LFP: Short Symbaroum introductory campaign, TUE April 30, 5.30 PM GMT (flexible)
    Hi Stephan! That is completely appropriate! I'm really glad to hear about this, if you want any help with the preparations or want me to walk you through the ruleset in beforehand just let me know and we'll set up a time! Also if there's any particular features you're missing or that you want fixed before you guys please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
    Simon

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. So far I'm pleasantly surprised how compact the core rules are but I guess the nearer game time approaches, the more unprepared I'll feel - the same as every other game I guess. And running the game itself will be another completely different matter.

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. So far I'm pleasantly surprised how compact the core rules are but I guess the nearer game time approaches, the more unprepared I'll feel - the same as every other game I guess. And running the game itself will be another completely different matter.
    I know the feeling, personally I have moved to the Seth Skorkowsky described method. I was already 75% of the way there before watching this video, but some steps (like getting a friend and 1v1'ing elements of the system first) had me wondering why I had never thought of doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwwICf-y_k

Thread Information