FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 27 First ... 142223242526 ... Last
    @Simpe, it would be be really nice to be able to change die by hand in armor, damage, and also choose on which attribute a roll to hit is made.
    All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die, add a static modifier.
    For example, I would like to be able to put D8+D4 in my armor field (thanks to an artefact)
    Likewise, I would like to put quickness on my attack roll attribute with my dagger thanks to an ability.

If you free up the fields so we can drag and drop dice/modifiers in them, we would then be able to put any combination/special effect to work with the automation you build in the ruleset.

I believe you do it by clicking one of the diamond shapes in the Combat Tracker.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Thanks, I will try it in tomorrow session.

Dear All,

I am a new user of the Symbaroum ruleset. I love the game and am glad the ruleset exists.

I am however not sure that I am using it correctly.
    I am using Symbaroum v1.11 / CoreRPG 3.3.10 / Basic Card Deck Tables 0.6 on classic FG

1) Using the Promised Land module, Kvarek (PC)(Acc 15) wants to hit Godrai (NPC) (Quick 13). On a roll of 14, the ruleset returns a HIT in the chat while correctly mentioning but seemingly not applying the Def-3 of Godrai
    Kvarek hit.png

2) When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
    Kvarek -5.png
    Doing so it just copies "-5" in the chat
    Kvarek -5_Result.png
    Is it the intended result ?

3) It is a general flaw of Symbaroum but how do you handle NPC vs NPC combat ? E.g. in the Promised Land Belun and Ludo are fighting against Jakaars. I found myself going back and forth like a madman within the Combat Tracker hyperlinks trying to manually roll d20s and opening NPC stats to recall the required ACC and DEF stats... Do you have any advice ?

Best regards,
    Fabien

When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
    Kvarek -5.png
    Kvarek -5_Result.png

Being able to drag & drop NPC attacks as you describe is the expected result if you are used to other rulesets in FG, but it doesn't work in Symbaroum :-(

There's a thread that goes into it in some depth here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Ruleset-Issues
    Ultimate License

Quote Originally Posted by feldrol View Post
    @Simpe, it would be be really nice to be able to change die by hand in armor, damage, and also choose on which attribute a roll to hit is made.
    All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die, add a static modifier.
    For example, I would like to be able to put D8+D4 in my armor field (thanks to an artefact)
    Likewise, I would like to put quickness on my attack roll attribute with my dagger thanks to an ability.

If you free up the fields so we can drag and drop dice/modifiers in them, we would then be able to put any combination/special effect to work with the automation you build in the ruleset.
    This is not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by feldrol View Post
    Is anyone able to tell me how to put advantage effect on an attack ?

In today session, we applied prone with an attack on an NPC exceeding pain threshold and then when we attacked him, it added automatically advantage with the D4 in added damage.
    But I have not found how to add this advantage by hand (when multiple attackers are on one target)
    Hi! There are two different small diamonds under the 'effects' section in a character's section in the CT. If you hover above them you'll see which does what!

Thanks,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    I joined this forum for the primary reason of voicing my support and love for Symbaroum. Thank you all for having it as an option in the first place with all the other things going on.

And secondary reason - haha - I get a startup error now when launching the server - it doesn't seem to like the content of the core rulebook anymore for me. This is the 4/17 update, I think. I glanced back in the forums here and didn't seem like anyone else had called it out.

[ERROR] Process Date File (Symbaroum Core Rulebook): An error occurred while parsing EntityNAME. Line 5096, position 23.
    same for the Players Guide but: Reference to undeclared entity 'aacute', Line 3208, position 10.

Thanks for all the great work.
    Hi! This is an issue only in FGU. If you update then this should be fixed by SW now.

Thanks,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    When Grodrai, NPC (Acc 15) wants to hit back Kvarek with his sword, I understand from the wiki that I have to double click on the Crow armor defense on Kvarek character sheet then drag & drop the -5 from the Combat Tracker to the portrait of Kvarek
    Kvarek -5.png
    Kvarek -5_Result.png

Being able to drag & drop NPC attacks as you describe is the expected result if you are used to other rulesets in FG, but it doesn't work in Symbaroum :-(

There's a thread that goes into it in some depth here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Ruleset-Issues

Hi Rodney,

We've had this conversations at a bit of different places. Maybe it's an expectation that you have in certain other rulesets where both the GM and the player rolls the die. This is not the case in Symbaroum. The spirit of the game and the design of it is that the players roll all die, so is it done here as well. This has been communicated and discussed with the developers of Symbaroum.

Thanks,
    Simon

The fact that the players roll the dice isn't the issue - I've played a lot of Symbaroum around a real table and I am very aware of how it works. This issue has nothing to do with "the spirit of the game". This issue is about how things mechanically work in Fantasy Grounds.

The issue is that in Fantasy Grounds there's currently no way to add the NPC's Attack modifier automatically to the PC's Defence roll, the player has to type it in by hand. That's the essence of the issue, not in how the RPG itself is designed.

Last edited by rodney418; April 25th, 2020 at 13:55.
    Ultimate License

Thread Information