DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 27 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned but as I understand the rules the Flexible quality should reduce armor impediment by 2 (0 for Light, -1 for med, and -2 for heavy). I have a 10 Quick and Woven Silk which is flexible but my Quick displayed under Defense is 8 instead of 10 like it should be. Mousing over the score shows the -2 Impeding but no mod for Flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned but as I understand the rules the Flexible quality should reduce armor impediment by 2 (0 for Light, -1 for med, and -2 for heavy). I have a 10 Quick and Woven Silk which is flexible but my Quick displayed under Defense is 8 instead of 10 like it should be. Mousing over the score shows the -2 Impeding but no mod for Flexible.
    Hi Garrion!

Hmm, do you have the (flexible)-tag in the name of the equipment?

Hi, I've managed to reproduce the bug and it's now on the top of my list of things to fix!

OK, I got the product! Finally it is here and I have created a dummy campaign to explore the possibilities and provide my comments and concerns. Before I drop the list I managed to gather in the 1-2h I had available to play with the stuff, I want to say that I love it and the overall feeling is exactly what I expected to deliver for the game. Good job! You definitely won me as a customer when you are ready with the Monster Codex and Advanced Player Guide. But first thing first:

Bugs and missing things
    1. The Occupation field is linked with the Race field on the Notes tab. It should not be like that and I strongly recommend against duplicate fields on different parts. There is suggestion on this part below.
    2. The Name column in the Combat Tracker should be leftmost, now it is not scaling well when resized horizontally
    3. The feature that moves the cursor from one field to the next on character sheet is moving first to Unspent XP then to XP, it should be in reverse.
    4. Man-at-arms - the second level of the talent does not change the defense modifier, the ability states that the penalty should be removed?
    5. WHERE WE DRAG THE TRAITS!?!?!? Please make the Abilities box "Abilities & Traits" so it can accept Traits as well. Players have no place in the charseet to drag it and refer during play.
    6. The adventure is missing the Pre-Made characters. When you export the module, there is option to include the pre-generated characters. I believe this is super important, otherwise I have to invest hour or two to properly adjust them, as the stats in the book are modified by their Abilities.
    7. I am not sure if this should be considered bug or feature, but when I edit the Abilities and Equipment & Combat sections, when I drag Ability in the list, the ability is not directly editable, I have to lock/unlock the whole list to edit the ranks. This is quite inconvenient. Also I noticed that modifications from Abilities are not always reflected in the Equipment & Combat section, I have to edit the lists, click on the ranks to trigger some OnUpdate function to make them visible and active. I hope there is something to be done.

Improvement Suggestions
    1. Replace the body fonts... Those are horrible to read in the long run and I feel like I opened Word document and have fonts missing, reverting to some ugly default system fonts Please, consider using the default Core fonts or employ something non-serif that is appropriate for the screen. The "fancy" fonts that use the font family from the books are perfect, I love them.
    2. Rework the character sheet and add borders to the top.It has been suggested above, and I really recommend it. Now it looks like the Charsheet is cut and looks horrible, compared to everything else that has super nice border and title bar to drag around!
    3. Move the character-related box from the Notes section to the Main page... No point to have weight and etc in the Notes, all players I have like to have this on the main page and the nonsense that is carried from other rulesets should not be in this nice one!
    4. In the Inventory tab, please do not leave the default empty strings in the Currency section for the players to populate. The settings has already known currency and coins, pre-set this and instead of editable string put a number box and non-player editable string matchign the type of coin to the right of it.
    5. In Inventory and Notes - I suggest to use borders to separate the different frames, like you have in the Main tab between Abilities and Equipment & Combat. From style perspective it is much easy on the eye and look finished.
    6. I don't like how the fields in the charsheet (Player name, char name, race, etc) and the text are aligned. The text should be aligned top, right under the line where we are supposed to populate, not like that. It is confusing at the moment, for example I put "Human" as character name the first time, and my guys as well.
    7. Please, documentation! For example it is not clear to me which keywords are supported in the Equipment & Combat section so various modifiers can take effect. I noticed that Balanced, Cumbersome and etc. work, but lets have official supported list?
    8. Add Symbaroum icon to the ruleset and be visible in the Launcher
    9. Add image on the Tables, NPCs, Vehicles, Abilities, Races and Traits libraries. Dull down the colors of the existing for match the dark fantasy feeling.
    10. Don't have the same icon for different libraries, also put the text below or in the middle. For example the rituals and etc are too close to each other and confusing to read.
    11. I recommend to rework the maps - you copied the image from the PDF but the text is not visible. I suggest to screencapture the section as I did for Realm Works and have us have the district and other descriptions.
    12. On the NPC sheets, put small boxes that show the overall modifier (-5 to +5) like you have it on the PC sheets.

I hope you take this as positive recommendation, I really want this ruleset to be as perfect as it can, Symbaroum is climbing quickly on the list of games I plan to invest a lot of time in.

PS: Ask SW for dedicated sub-forum, we can't talk for everything in single thread

EDIT: I found the module with the pregens, it was pointed out by Stephan. I still think it is great idea to put it into the adventure module!
    Last edited by Valyar; April 25th, 2019 at 19:06.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hi Valyar!

First and foremost: Thank you for putting time and effort into writing up this feedback. It is truly appriciated!

Bugs:
    1/2/3 were unknown and I'll add them to our tracker!
    4 should be fixed if you are running on the development branch instead of the full build. I thought that SmiteWorks updated the actual module after they've gone through a week of the development-phase. I'll double check with them to make sure that the actual module is updated accordingly!
    5. You can drag them to the abilities-box. I agree, it should be named better to include all the things that it supports. (It supports artifacts too).
    6. These are included in the adventure module in the development build and should be patched in the future.
    7. I had not noticed this, will also put on my todo-list!

Improvements:
    1. Is done on the development branch!
    2. It's made to look like the original character sheet. But yes I agree, since people seem confused about it it will be better to add a standard top to it. I'll add that one as well!
    3. Hehehe... I'll add these things as well, though I think that the character sheet will be updated when I tackle the actual advanced player's handbook. Right now I'm focusing mostly on fixing known bugs and making sure that people can locally add feats/abilities etc.
    4. I agree. I will add this!
    5. I completely agree. Now that you mention it, it's very obvious.
    6. Yes I've been thinking about this as well. It's a pretty standard form-cell way of putting it though. I'll add this as a note to the tracker on the bigger update to the character sheet.
    7. There is documentation! I'd be glad to accept what I need to add to it! It's located on the wiki under user guides: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides All keywords in the core rulebook should be supported.
    8. I will look into this!
    9. Yes unfortunately the guy who has been making the graphics for us has fallen ill and I'm not sure when he'll be able to help us out again. I'm trying to find someone that could help, so it's being worked on but I can't give any date when it will be improved.
    10. Yes, same as 9.
    11. Actually we copied the map from the source material, and when we do we don't get the texts since they're added in the tool that formats the entire pdf. If you get to the development branch there should be pins for everything, do you think this is good enough?
    12. This is a very valid point. Actually the idea was to display their modifier and not their standard stat (which symbaroum does in their new books nowdays). I'm not sure how this slipped but thanks for pointing it out!

Once again, thank you so much for taking time to give this feedback. We greatly appreciate it and this is really helpful in making sure that we get the best possible product. We're very keen on making sure that the ruleset is as easy to use and as flexible as possible. If you want to check out our bugtracker, here it is: https://trello.com/b/mmwGpm3I/symbar...rounds-ruleset

I'll ask SW for a dedicated sub-forum!

EDIT: You were right about man-at-arms, it is broken. I redid some of the way that modifiers are handled and apparently I broke something. This will be patched on tuesday!

Thanks,
    Simon
    Last edited by Simpe; April 26th, 2019 at 06:49.

Hey Simpe,

I don't use Dev or Test branches, as there is no way to exclude specific product. It is either all or nothing in the current update model and I have a lot of stuffs that I don't want to be updated. Switching back and forward is... meh. BUT, because I like this ruleset I moved to Dev this morning. I am not noticing any difference when it comes to the body fonts. It is again this bold, not easy to distinguish i vs l one and etc. It is maybe because something is not pushed or on my end it was not properly updated. Nevertheless, I will wait for the prod release, none of those are deal breaking, especially when I see how active you are. If this was any other ruleset I would have go for a refund and wait for better times.

And for the documentation - damn it, how I missed that. I recalled that you intended to put a Wiki page, but in the long thread I might have missed the fact that it is now a real thing. I think that it is work listing all keyword that are supported and where they are supported, to avoid interpretations from the users.

On the topic related to Maps, I understand what you did - extracted the image from the PDF and the text is in fact on another layer. This is what I initially did too, when I was creating my Symbaroum realm in Realm Works. But in the end this is not quite useful. Because an image speaks more than hundred words, below is how it looks like in Realm Works and it can be easily transferred to FG. I did screenshot of the PDF at 150% zoom, which is quite acceptable and because the text is text, not image it scales properly. Then I added snippets and linked each part with content of the book (you can see on the left sidebar). This I did for the other maps, including the Ambria & Davokar main map. I think this is the betst approach, as it looks consistent and finished. This is my take on the topic.

I will be playing more with the ruleset, do some mock-up battles and see what happens. There will be game soon and I will run something in the following weeks, so this baby ruleset will be put to the test.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahhh I see. Yes that is a problem. I'll communicate to SW that the builds should be pushed to the actual product so that there's not as much issues with the live one. I hadn't realized that it wasn't patched from the development-one.

Hmm with body fonts, which ones do you mean? I thought you meant the fonts used in the reference manual? If you mean the font on the character sheets then yes those are different and no we haven't changed those. If you can point out exactly which ones you're having issues with I'll see what we can do in order to get them better.

I can probably add all the keywords we support and also what the weapon-types etc do. I still have some plans on improvements here but the day only has so many hours unfortunately.

I understand what you mean with the texts now. It's more important for things such as yndaros where they have the names for different areas etc. The guy doing that work is on the first adventure module, but I'll see what we can do in order to get a better adapted map. Unfortunately if we change the resolution of it we'll have to move all the pins, but we'll see what we can do and which maps we can improve on!

Thank you so much for putting the effort in giving feedback. You can always ping me on discord (I'm Simpe in the fantasy grounds server), or just mail me with simon at pixeldiet.se.

Cheers,
    Simon

The body text is the one that is used almost everywhere and we spend most time reading - powers, items, abilities etc. It is very hard on the eyes in the long run. Again, a picture to show you which font I refer to.
    What is marked in Yellow is the "body text".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The body text is the one that is used almost everywhere and we spend most time reading - powers, items, abilities etc. It is very hard on the eyes in the long run. Again, a picture to show you which font I refer to.
    What is marked in Yellow is the "body text".
    Hi,

We did change it from another one which we thought was worse (and got some feedback from it). I agree that it's far from perfect but within the limitations of what FG offers us it's hard to get the font-rendering much better. The alternative is to find a different font that's not Symbaroum-based and uses one of the corerpg ones. Maybe that's a better alternative? I'm hoping that the font rendering will be improved in FG Unity.

The rendering and font-support as a whole is not great in the Classic, indeed. I totally gave up when I tried to get original with my own extensions and modules.

I think the stock CoreRPG is quite good and readable. But this is my preference. Maybe it will be great idea rather than having overhaul of the ruleset for the font, to have small module for people that find the body font heavy on the eyes. It will give choice to people. As everything is in the Vault, I can only browse the content of the archive and not extract, to see which font I have to override.

Thread Information