DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 27 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Hey guys,

The module should now be updated and the latest version should be available in the development branch.

I've added two more sections to the user manual, the NPC sheet and the Combat Tracker. In the Combat Tracker I have a couple of examples of the combat. If anyone has any feedback, questions or more things that they want in there - please let me know and I'll add it. My next goal is probably to make Abilities / Traits / etc more available to edit/configure. This is a pretty big task and one of the things I want to do before moving on towards the advanced players guide.

The work on the next sourcebook (which is an adventure module) is well under way. It's going a lot better much thanks to the story->reference manual converter that was recommended here. Many thanks for that!

stephan: Lets make it happen! Contact me on discord (I'm Simpe in the discord-channel), or on my mail simon at pixeldiet dot se.

hello, the ruleset has been great! congratulations for the overall result. Although I would rename the section that maps by images, since pictures and other things should be put there.
    In addition it would be necessary to pass the adventure to the history section correctly, since many people buy adventures precisely because they are already involved and it saves us the job of passing them. Great examples are how the adventures of dnd5ed or pathfinder are passed.
    On the other hand, can you tell which adventure module you are working on?
    One doubt, the sidebar is final? because I find these icons very colorful for symbaroum tone.
    Last edited by vyruxx; April 17th, 2019 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I know the feeling, personally I have moved to the Seth Skorkowsky described method. I was already 75% of the way there before watching this video, but some steps (like getting a friend and 1v1'ing elements of the system first) had me wondering why I had never thought of doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwwICf-y_k
    Thanks, that seems like a way to mitigate any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    hello, the ruleset has been great! congratulations for the overall result. Although I would rename the section that maps by images, since pictures and other things should be put there.
    In addition it would be necessary to pass the adventure to the history section correctly, since many people buy adventures precisely because they are already involved and it saves us the job of passing them. Great examples are how the adventures of dnd5ed or pathfinder are passed.
    On the other hand, can you tell which adventure module you are working on?
    One doubt, the sidebar is final? because I find these icons very colorful for symbaroum tone.
    Hi Vyruxx, and sorry for the late answer!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes we've considered renaming the maps-section to images, but I think that the standard in fantasy grounds is maps?

The added adventure was written as a reference manual and not in the story initially because we didn't really know that it was the way it worked. In the upcoming modules we'll make sure to have both the Story part and the Reference Manual. We've started using the converter-tool for it so that will help us a lot in the future. I'll see if we can take time and convert the promised land to story as well, but I can't promise any time schedule for this unfortunately.

The icons are quite colorful indeed and for now they are sort of a first-iteration. They will probably be changed in the future, unfortunately our artist has fallen ill and we're not sure we can get much help with that for the time being. I'm going to see if we can get Martin to make the icons to get them true to the Symbaroum theme, but the same thing goes there - I can't promise anything.

I'll keep the next module secret until we're closer to figuring out when it'll be done But anyone familiar with Symbaroum should be able to make a pretty good guess

Cheers,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes we've considered renaming the maps-section to images, but I think that the standard in fantasy grounds is maps?
    No standard on that, you can select the most appropriate name for your library. I also tend to agree with "Images" rather than maps.
    Icons can be with dulled colors, to reflect the overall feeling of the book - dark fantasy and brutal world.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    Doing a quick check of a few FG rulesets (and themes) - the only ruleset/theme I found that uses "Maps" (although I didn't do an exhaustive check) is the 5E ruleset with the default theme (i.e no theme selected).

The 5E Wizards theme uses "Images & Maps" which seems to be more of a baseline as CoreRPG, C&C, 3.5E, Pathfinder (1e and 2e) and a few others use this.

Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu (6th and 7th editions) use "Images".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perhaps to improve the visibility of the ruleset, it should be clearer when you hit and when not. Other ruleset such as dnd5ed or pathfinder include icons in the chat when it is hit or fail.

Today I have the first game with the ruleset!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    Today I have the first game with the ruleset!
    I envy.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

The game has been a success and the ruleset has loved them! that if they have told me some things that should include, I tell you if you consider it possible.
    First a place where it marks success or failures in death throes,perhaps whit a d20 to push.
    Second a button or something to reset the temporary corruption and not do it by hand.
    Third to be able to modify and put in hand skills to put what we want.
    Thank you and I repeat that they have loved your ruleset and they send me to tell you what congratulations.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help Trenloe & Valyar! We'll look into renaming the "Maps" to "Images". Unfortunately the guy who's making the graphics has fallen ill and I'm not sure when he'll be able to update any icons (that's why not all of them are complete).

The success/failure icon is also high up on the list, but the same issue remains there.

Vyruxx, I'm glad they liked it! I'm currently working on an editor for abilities/actions so that they can be configurable. However, it's a pretty big job.

A new patch has been submitted to SmiteWorks, here's the patchnotes for v1.04! Unfortunately, easter has been upon us so work has been slacking off a bit.

* Twin attack no longer applies some attack filters on weapons since they were added twice then.
    * Removing a character, or deleting an effect with the right-click-menu from the CT now correctly updates the charactersheet of that character.
    Last edited by Simpe; April 23rd, 2019 at 07:48.

Thread Information