DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 27 First ... 152324252627 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney418 View Post
    The fact that the players roll the dice isn't the issue - I've played a lot of Symbaroum around a real table and I am very aware of how it works. This issue has nothing to do with "the spirit of the game". This issue is about how things mechanically work in Fantasy Grounds.

The issue is that in Fantasy Grounds there's currently no way to add the NPC's Attack modifier automatically to the PC's Defence roll, the player has to type it in by hand. That's the essence of the issue, not in how the RPG itself is designed.

Hi Rodney,

I'm sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately this is not in agreement with how the designers of Symbaroum looked at it when we designed this specific part. Also I agree with them. It's not very hard for a player to do their roll and then the GM simply states if the amount of successes was enough or not.

Thanks,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by erxinfloi View Post
    It's Avaible in spanish?
    No, the ruleset and the module are in English.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hi,

Thank you Rodney418.
    Any chance to get an official answer to the questions in my poste (#234 posted on April 23rd)?
    If this is something that isn't financialy viable to fix, would it be possible to make the code available so that the community can produce its own patch ?

Regards

From what I can gather, the official answer is that this isn't going to be fixed. I ended up returning the ruleset for a refund because of these (very basic) issues and the general attitude towards user requests :-(
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

Quote Originally Posted by FabienFaivre View Post
    Hi,

Thank you Rodney418.
    Any chance to get an official answer to the questions in my poste (#234 posted on April 23rd)?
    If this is something that isn't financialy viable to fix, would it be possible to make the code available so that the community can produce its own patch ?

Regards
    Hi FabienFaivre,

I'm the developer of the ruleset and you can consider my answers to be official.

The plan going forward is that I will try to add the possibility to double-click the attack of an NPC to put a modifier on the next defensive roll that is made by a player. Hopefully that will add to the usability for doing the defensive rolls for players. Drag-and-drop from the GM's side is not planned to be supported as that is in conflict with the idea that in Symbaroum only the players do the dice rolling. That part has been validated with the authors/owners of the Symbaroum IP.

I hope that answers your questions!

Thanks,
    Simon

Hello folks,

Before I buy, could you tell me how customisable this ruleset is? There are a fair few rules/abilities/items I'd be looking to tweak, including some of the ones from Symbaroum 3.0.

Thanks a mil!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
    Hello folks,

Before I buy, could you tell me how customisable this ruleset is? There are a fair few rules/abilities/items I'd be looking to tweak, including some of the ones from Symbaroum 3.0.

Thanks a mil!
    Hi!

It depends quite a bit of what kind of modifications you want to make. If it's something that's similar to that which already exists and you want to add more then it's quite easy. The less automation you need, the easier it is. You can add custom abilities/items/npc's etc easily but if you want support for automation or replace the automation that exists, then it's going to be a lot harder.

I have some plans on how to improve extensibility for it when it comes to equipment dies - so that they can be changed but since I'm on a deadline for a couple of other projects that's still some time in the future.

Doing some quick looks through the 3.0-rules (hadn't read those before - will read more!) there's probably a lot that you could make customly but very little of it would be possible to get automation support. I haven't really given it a ton of thought though.

I hope that answers your question somewhat at least

Thanks,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simpe View Post
    I hope that answers your question somewhat at least
    Certainly does, thanks Simon, very much appreciate the detailed response

Quote Originally Posted by Daperez View Post
    I'm gonna have to second the request to just let GM's input or override weapon and armor values however we see fit, instead of being hard-locked into the scripted formulas that try to automate every element of the ruleset.
    Quote Originally Posted by feldrol View Post
    @Simpe, it would be be really nice to be able to change die by hand in armor, damage, and also choose on which attribute a roll to hit is made.
    All other rulesets let you modify by hand the type of die
    I've bought the ruleset now and want to echo the above. Wherever possible I want to be able to see (as in the 5e ruleset for example) what a calculation is drawing from and then edit it. Failing that, add in a 'custom weapon' and 'custom armour' that we can use. Cheers!

On another note, I was surprised that The Promised Land adventure isn't set as Story entries. Will it be eventually?

Keep up the great work!

Thread Information